The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

My first post in this long discussion about the DX Quarter...the sculpt looks fantastic! Like most of us, I curse and rejoice at the same time: too many cool macross collectibles coming out recently but too little time/money/space for them (yes...space is also a concern for those unlucky ones living in the average Asian apartment...I'm soon going to need one friggin extra room to store all the 1/60 valks, the Quarter...my other collectibles! There goes MORE money!)

This is an odd question, so here goes. So far I am reading alot from others on this thread, will the Macross Quarter be in scale with Yamato's SDF-1.

The Macross Quarter, is just that a 1/4 the size of the Battle Frontier. Are the original SDF-1 & Battle Frontier the same size ships??

This is an odd question, so here goes. So far I am reading alot from others on this thread, will the Macross Quarter be in scale with Yamato's SDF-1.

The Macross Quarter, is just that a 1/4 the size of the Battle Frontier. Are the original SDF-1 & Battle Frontier the same size ships??

The Macross is about 1200 meters long, the NMC is supposed to be around 1600 meters, so it's a third longer. The Macross Quarter is about 400 meters long, so in 1/2000 scale it should be a fair bit shorter than the DX toy. If you want an idea of size, it should be slightly shorter than the ARMD carriers on the SDF model if it was the same scale. (The carriers are about 450 meters long.)

The Quarter looks stunning! I'll definately have to move some stuff around to accomodate it, but if it's as sturdy as most other Bandai issues then I'm definately in as long as the price is reasonable. Of course, when comparing it in price to Yamato's SDF-1 a lot of stuff does look a bit cheaper in comparison. :lol:

The Macross is about 1200 meters long, the NMC is supposed to be around 1600 meters, so it's a third longer. The Macross Quarter is about 400 meters long, so in 1/2000 scale it should be a fair bit shorter than the DX toy. If you want an idea of size, it should be slightly shorter than the ARMD carriers on the SDF model if it was the same scale. (The carriers are about 450 meters long.)

Ask a question, get an answer, I like that!! That puts the Battle Frontier in a better perspective for me on its size vs. the SDF-1. Thanks Letigre B))

Ask a question, get an answer, I like that!! That puts the Battle Frontier in a better perspective for me on its size vs. the SDF-1. Thanks Letigre B))

The Quarter is 1/4 a NMC. NMCs are 1600m long in cruiser mode.

The SDF-1 is 1200m long in cruiser mode.

The 1/4 is going to be about 1' tall and the SDF-1 is going to be about 2' tall, so NO, they're not in-scale. Sorry, 505th.

scale comparison

Except it's confusing. Pay no mind to the bigger Quarter. The small one is correct scale

Why are there two quarters in there? Is one in scale to the others and the larger one in DX scale?

God knows. Perhaps, also, Mr March. March, you know anything about that? I think you did it.

Going by official dimensions, Macross Quarter should be a tad shorter in length than the ARMD carriers.

So the DX chogokin is a bit too big to be in scale with Yamato's SDF-1. Though honestly I think it probably wouldn't look too out of place sitting next to each other.

The quarter's sculpt is amazing....which was my main concern coming from a Bandai toy. Hopefully the quality and joints stay on par with their other stuff. I'm probably asking for much but hopefully it can maintain the pose where its holding its macross cannon with both hands. :D

Btw is this confirmed to be part of the DX Chogokin line?

Oh and OT, the X-gears shown behind the Quarter looks pretty decent too.

Edited by wolfx

Ah c'mon, a leg was snapped off the toy, hardly an issue for concern. It's not like the Toynami Alpha arms that just fall off eventually without even being handled (or certain other toys with notoriously weak shoulders).

It has to be stronger that the Toynami Alphas that come fresh from the factory already in broken pieces!!

You wouldn't be hinting at the VF-0 would ya?? :p

Given that we've had multiple shoulder screw breakage and now one hip joint breakage reported in the DX VF-25 thread, be careful what you wish for.

Graham

I was aware of the shoulder screw problem, and not the hip joint?!? Just when I was finally getting excited about the DX Quarter!

Why do we have to worry about breakages when these toys are so expensive?! life sucks... :p

I was aware of the shoulder screw problem, and not the hip joint?!? Just when I was finally getting excited about the DX Quarter!

Why do we have to worry about breakages when these toys are so expensive?! life sucks... :p

yes, the DX Quarter is going to be a fragile mess that will crumble to dust if you look at it funny!

I really question peoples motivations when they bring up how much of an OMG MAJOR PROBLEM the shoulders on the DX 25 are. so far we've had what, 4 or 5 cases of shoulders breaking? I'd hardly call that cause for concern at all, let alone justification for the reaction some people have. it's not like SOME toy's which sell for more and have REALLY high breakage rates *cough*VF-0*cough*. it's not even near as bad as the v.2 VF-1's.

as for the hip thing. we've had ONE person report a leg breaking off at the hip. we don't even know much of anything about what happened other than this one toy had it's leg break. we don't know if its because of a design problem, a materials problem, heck it could be excessively rough handling.

We're not going to know for sure if the DX 1/4 is in danger of breaking until it gets here and even then, the VF-25 DX hardly indicates that there might be a problem.

The shoulder joint screams for separation in that pic. :mellow: I'm not convinced with its durability unless they're showing Quarter in another pose, eg. aiming the BFG with both hand while holstering the flight deck.

yes, the DX Quarter is going to be a fragile mess that will crumble to dust if you look at it funny!

I really question peoples motivations when they bring up how much of an OMG MAJOR PROBLEM the shoulders on the DX 25 are. so far we've had what, 4 or 5 cases of shoulders breaking? I'd hardly call that cause for concern at all, let alone justification for the reaction some people have. it's not like SOME toy's which sell for more and have REALLY high breakage rates *cough*VF-0*cough*. it's not even near as bad as the v.2 VF-1's.

as for the hip thing. we've had ONE person report a leg breaking off at the hip. we don't even know much of anything about what happened other than this one toy had it's leg break. we don't know if its because of a design problem, a materials problem, heck it could be excessively rough handling.

We're not going to know for sure if the DX 1/4 is in danger of breaking until it gets here and even then, the VF-25 DX hardly indicates that there might be a problem.

Did you know, the 1/60v2 and VF-0s threads also started with sceptics very much like yourself today who said "Come on...its just 1 or 2 occurences..i'm sure its an isolated problem" until a month or so later. B))

With macross toys, its sorta like a time bomb. :lol:

Did you know, the 1/60v2 and VF-0s threads also started with sceptics very much like yourself today who said "Come on...its just 1 or 2 occurences..i'm sure its an isolated problem" until a month or so later. B))

With macross toys, its sorta like a time bomb. :lol:

but this a different product from a different company with a whole different type of problem. I can kind of understand with the 1/60 v.2 fallowing the VF-0 since it was the same company having the same kind of problem (plastic part failing do to material and design deficiencies) in the same area.

but with the DX it's completely different situation.

a metal screw snapped; it could be that the shoulder is poorly designed or assembled; but it's just as likely that the factory got a bad batch of screws. same situation with the broken hip, and that one could be even more of a fluke since It's only the one case. we don't even know enough/have enough evidence to pass Judgment on the on the VF-25 DX yet, let alone make calls on how a completely different toy will fair when it hasen't even gotten past the cobbled together resin prototype.

I agree, but I find it strange that the whole 'one shoulder loose and one shoulder tight' issue on the DX 25 (which is common) mimics the YF-19 'one shoulder flap loose and one shoulder flap tight' issue. As someone said, wasnt CAD supposed to eliminate stuff like that? Why is one side different from the other, and it's usually the same side affected too?

Otherwise, Bandai's credit is besting Yamato so far in terms of QC, so they have the benefit of the doubt for now. They don't however, get much faith in terms of being anime accurate =P.