The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

The sculpt looks mighty impressive and wonderfully detailed. Nice to see the ratchet joints at the shoulders too. Yum clicky goodness! Is there still word that this thing is 20 something centimeters tall?

Hopefully some confirmation to the size shortly, especially now that we can see how frickin cool this thing is. Just imagine when it has all its War paint on!!

The sculpt looks mighty impressive and wonderfully detailed. Nice to see the ratchet joints at the shoulders too. Yum clicky goodness! Is there still word that this thing is 20 something centimeters tall?

I hope the elbow joint is equally impressive thought I do hope the final sculpt hides the ratchets.

Any word on scale? Wouldn't it be awesome if Yamato and Bandai and communicated before hand and both the new SDF-1 and the Macross Quarter will be 1/2000?

Though, the Quarter could be larger scale and still be reasonably sized.

Vostok 7

Hopefully some better pictures will appear of the bridge. this will have to do for right now!! Bandai may not have come through with flying colors on their VF-25 DX, but this Macross Quarter looks to be a real winner!!

post-6180-1235283049_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1235283246_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

Holy Buddha!

This is going to be a rough year financially. Too much great stuff!

The Quarter looks awesome.

the question is how to afford a Quarter and an SDF-1, and a VF-1d and a VT-1 and a VE-1 and....

Answer: befriend Bill Gates!!! :p

Looks like it is going to be 30cm tall or 12inches! Marked it on the photo. Now I just have to wonder what it will cost and how many organs do I need to sell to buy this and the New Yamato SDF-1!!!!! :lol:

post-9075-1235283918_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Looks like it is going to be 30cm tall or 12inches! Marked it on the photo. Now I just have to wonder what it will cost and how many organs do I need to sell to buy this and the New Yamato SDF-1!!!!! :lol:

30cm>? Is that in battle cruiser mode or battloid? Hot damn that size is till awesome regardless. Macross overload? No way man! Macross Stimulus all the way!

30cm>? Is that in battle cruiser mode or battloid? Hot damn that size is till awesome regardless. Macross overload? No way man! Macross Stimulus all the way!

I hope it`s standing cuz it`s going to be larger in ship mode. Well I`m hoping at least. I sure hope that arm can support the weight of that Cannon!

Edited by logos

I hope it`s standing cuz it`s going to be larger in ship mode.

Reports from Japanese fans says the standing prototype type model was around 30cm.

The poster text says the toy will be filled with "gimmicks" so you can recreate your favorite scenes from the series. And there will be in-scale Valks included.

Also, looks like the release will be sometime in the Fall.

Edited by Vifam7

damn it won't be in scale with yamato's macross. still cool nonetheless. i'll definitely get one.

i hope they make a battle galaxy too.

Edited by sh002

I hope it`s standing cuz it`s going to be larger in ship mode. Well I`m hoping at least. I sure hope that arm can support the weight of that Cannon!

30cm, it is a great size for this kind of toy.

I guess this is just about the same height as GundamFIX Metal Compositive Pyscho Gundam. That would be better if it use/have the same material and qc.

Reports from Japanese fans says the standing prototype type model was around 30cm.

The poster text says the toy will be filled with "gimmicks" so you can recreate your favorite scenes from the series. And there will be in-scale Valks included.

YES OH SWEET LORD YES!!!!

I have just read about the Yamato's 1/2000 SDF-1. They were just waiting for me to get the 1/5000 SDF-1 from WAVE to get this out. :angry:

Curse you, Yamato and all your devilish spawn.

If the 1/5000 looks impressive, a 1/2000 will be jaw-dropping awesome, but i bet it will be a pretty expensive toy. And since i'm pretty pleased with the 1/5000, my priority will be to get the Macross Quarter. She looks like a sleek, sexy, bad-ass mother-f****. And its just a grey colored prototype. Imagine it painted... mecha-gasm guarantied. :D

And by the way, although they didn't allow pictures of the 1/2000 SDF-1, this one sliped past them. Look right from the doll and there's the front of the prototype in cruiser mode

post-9322-1235295105_thumb.jpg

Is this the release date? If so... long wait ahead

post-9322-1235295507_thumb.jpg

Edited by westfall

I have just read about the Yamato's 1/2000 SDF-1. They were just waiting for me to get the 1/5000 SDF-1 from WAVE to get this out. :angry:

Curse you, Yamato and all your devilish spawn.

If the 1/5000 looks impressive, a 1/2000 will be jaw-dropping awesome, but i bet it will be a pretty expensive toy. And since i'm pretty pleased with the 1/5000, my priority will be to get the Macross Quarter. She looks like a sleek, sexy, bad-ass mother-f****. And its just a grey colored prototype. Imagine it painted... mecha-gasm guarantied. :D

I'd be happy to take that WAVE off you're hands. :lol:

I've written off the yammie SDF-1 already. it's not TV, it's WAY to big, and it's WAY to expensive; pass. This looks really good though, way better than the VF-25's and considering the VF-25 had an MSRB of about 1,200 yen I doubt this is probably going to go for between 1,500 and 1,700 yen; deffinetly no more than $200USD before shipping.

and OMG EX-Gear... I didn't even know I wanted it by I MOST HAVE IT!!!

I've written off the yammie SDF-1 already. it's not TV, it's WAY to big, and it's WAY to expensive; pass. This looks really good though, way better than the VF-25's and considering the VF-25 had an MSRB of about 1,200 yen I doubt this is probably going to go for between 1,500 and 1,700 yen; deffinetly no more than $200USD before shipping.

I'll keep your offer in mind :lol:

I love my 1/5000 too much and i agree with you, the 1/2000, although it will be one impressive piece to have in display, will be too big and expensive to play around, i would get it out of the box, into a display case and that would be it. Unless i win the loto until it comes out, my budget won't allow it and the Quarter. And a 30cm Quarter will be enough for me.

And, hell yeah, the EX-Gear looks awesome too.

Edited by westfall

O_O Absolutely STUNNING! That thing looks perfect. Don't change it, Bandai (and turn it into a DX Chunkykin)!

"And there will be in-scale Valks included."

WOOHOOOO!!!

This year will seriously brankrupt me - and I'll love it. B))

Now if only they would release a 1/2000 scale Macross 7 and Macross 25, to place next to the Yammie SDF-1...

Crap! I though I was going to pass on this since I'm not a big fan of the Quarter's design... but that bot looks great.

Quick, someone point out some flaws so I can switch back to not going to buy mode!

Crap! I though I was going to pass on this since I'm not a big fan of the Quarter's design... but that bot looks great.

Quick, someone point out some flaws so I can switch back to not going to buy mode!

The hands are too small!

I wish :p