The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Hey Guys, I figured before the other threads start going off topic, I would start one for the Macross Quarter from Macross Frontier. So far a few pictures have surfaced sparking alot of interest and alot of speculation that one might be in the works or just to mess with our heads.

So with that being said, If Bandai were to put out a well detailed Macross Quarter. would you buy one? and what scale would you prefer. Like the WAVE SDF-1 in 1/5000, or do we get for real and have a 1/3000 like the old school SDF-1?

Lets hear from ya!! B))

Hey Guys, I figured before the other threads start going off topic, I would start one for the Macross Quarter from Macross Frontier. So far a few pictures have surfaced sparking alot of interest and alot of speculation that one might be in the works or just to mess with our heads.

So with that being said, If Bandai were to put out a well detailed Macross Quarter. would you buy one? and what scale would you prefer. Like the WAVE SDF-1 in 1/5000, or do we get for real and have a 1/3000 like the old school SDF-1?

Lets hear from ya!! B))

I would buy one, I would want it larger than the WAVE though.

First for people who didn't follow the DX thread this is where it started:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=673457

First, remeber their length in ship mode:

SDF-1 : 1210m

Macross Quarter : 400m

And lets review a few space ship toys from Bandai in recent years:

Albion, 305m, ? scale, 4000 yen

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10044499

http://pony-hp.web.infoseek.co.jp/ALBION.htm

Ptolemaios, about 260m, 1/400 scale, 12000 yen for 65cm long

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10063150

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN951007

Space Battleship Yamato, 266M, about 1/800 scale, 19800 yen for 33cm long

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN77588

What I am getting at is: all those toys came with tiny MS or fighters. A large scale MQ can come with a bunch of tiny VF-25 and Destroids. A 1/1000 MQ will be 40cm long, and a bunch of 18mm long VF-25 sounds reasonable.

Still there are so few transforming ship ever made it is hard to tell how Bandai will handle it.

I'd definitely nab one. A Battle Frontier, too. I'd love it if they released a Battle Frontier toy, a large one, and included a small, in-scalle Macross Quarter, in addition to a larger Macross Quarter toy. I know I'm dreaming, but hey.

i certainly love the design of the Quarter and would grab one

Making a New Macross Battleship is a no brainer as with very small modifications you have Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy and depending a Battle 7

It would be great if they did. I'd personally like somthing of a good scale in resin but if the toy was good enough then i'd be tempted. It needs to be a good size though. I like the Wave SDF but I was really hoping it would be bigger.

Are you guys even keeping up with current trends? :lol:

If a Macross Quarter is made it'll probably be 1/1250 at best.

It's funny that some of you are still expecting a ship that's the size of the old 1/3000 SDF-1.

Are you guys even keeping up with current trends? :lol:

If a Macross Quarter is made it'll probably be 1/1250 at best.

It's funny that some of you are still expecting a ship that's the size of the old 1/3000 SDF-1.

a 1/1250 Quarter would be awesome! It'd be around 30cm long which is roughly the size of a PG gundam (height) or the length of a 1/60 yamato valkyrie in fightermode. At that size Bandai would be able to work in tons of detailing. Little movable turrets, maybe even little tiny valks and destroids to place.

a 1/3000 Quarter would be 13cm long... which is shorter than a pencil.

i'd like to see them start with a 2-foot tall Frontier & Galaxy, then scale the Quarter accordingly.

and have a separate or non-scale 2-foot tall Quarter.

and if they're really going in that direction, then...

i demand they make a MACROSS !!! DYRL/TV version.

if they want our money, that's a sure-fire way to get it all.

come to think of it... they could actually make a Global too. or start with a Global, then swindle us with "Macross re-color"

...as long as it's not chunky, has small hands, self-destructing shoulders, 2 left or right cannon hinges, very dark visors, caster landing gears, & low-hanging crotch section :lol:

i'd like to see them start with a 2-foot tall Frontier & Galaxy, then scale the Quarter accordingly.

and have a separate or non-scale 2-foot tall Quarter.

and if they're really going in that direction, then...

i demand they make a MACROSS !!! DYRL/TV version.

if they want our money, that's a sure-fire way to get it all.

come to think of it... they could actually make a Global too. or start with a Global, then swindle us with "Macross re-color"

...as long as it's not chunky, has small hands, self-destructing shoulders, 2 left or right cannon hinges, very dark visors, caster landing gears, & low-hanging crotch section :lol:

Well said!!! MACROSS DYRL/TV version, Battle Frontier & Galaxy then a properly scale sized Macross Quarter, works for me. 2ft Tall, its a ambitious but they could do it, for what these toys can cost, I'd rather pay more & get my bang for the buck. More metal & alloy parts. To much breakage lately, time to go old school!!

I don't care what scale it's in if it were about 14-18inches long with a lot (lot being figurative since it's not like it had OMGWTF detail in the first place) of detail and great transformation.

Bandai is used to making large toys for Power Rangers and stuff like that anyway. It doesn't really seem like making something as "simple" as the Quarter would break the bank(theirs or ours) in a really nice, and large size.

i wouldn't want it too long as size isn't everything, especially with limited display space. Maybe 20cm long or so would be nice. I am not a big fan of it's design anyway. Those legs are just atrocious, too splayed out in ship mode and ugly nozzles.

I would gladly buy a 30cm Battle Frontier and Galaxy though.

I think it could be the same size as Bandai's original TV SDF 1. And just as chunky ;)

On that note - I wouldn't mind a 1/200 scale Macross Frontier with all accompanying islands :)

Pete

We don't want the damn thing old school chunky, we want it accurate just like we see it in the series, no more compromises. It will be easy.

And an island diorama would be fricken awesome!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I am a bit afraid though that Battle Galaxy would end up simply being too purple. At least Nora has some black parts and a more varied design.

Battle Galaxy in ship mode is just a big slob of plastic with large unbroken purple surfaces. Think purple VB-6 monster in shuttle mode.

Galaxy could certainly turn out that way, and seeing Bandai's 1/60 Valks makes me think it's something to be concerned about. I'm not all that keen on Galaxy's design. It's alright, but I'd much rather have Battle Frontier and the Quarter. Though, to be honest, if they put out Galaxy as well, I'd certainly get one. There's not enough cap ship toys out there, especially for Macross which really deserves them. I'd love to have Battle Frontier and a DYRL style Macross in scale to each other most of all. I'd probably want a larger Quarter toy, since the Quarter is about the size of an ARMD.

Other than colours and gun emplacements Battle Frontier isn't much different from Battle 7. I've always liked the NMC ships. I'd love a whole line of them in scale to each other, with an original Macross or two. I've got the perfect spot for a great display with all of them.

OK, is there some art I haven't seen or something that shows Galaxy in ship mode? We've seen "the whole thing connected with the city" (with all the green pods), but not just Battle Galaxy in ship mode by itself IIRC---we haven't even 100% decided which chunk of the city-ship was Battle Galaxy.

Unless now the green pods parts are supposed to be part of Battle Galaxy, and we haven't actually ever seen any of the city parts of the Galaxy fleet.