All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

So, ensuring that they'll never see another one of my dollars again, then?

They don't care bout your useless USD, they are raking in millions of yen releasing the same pachinko games with a new coat of paint. I agree with everyone else though, MGS V is my last Konami game.

They don't care bout your useless USD, they are raking in millions of yen releasing the same pachinko games with a new coat of paint. I agree with everyone else though, MGS V is my last Konami game.

I wonder if they realize that a million yen is only worth about $8,000USD right now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i love 0 and i loved 4 and some 2, but i really loved 1 not the remake, just the original without the remixed soundtrack on the directors cut.

one was the greatest since it was new and no one had any idea what was going on re: the plot. i loved reading the short notes of the researchers and finding clues to piece together the story and bumping into captain Wesker shooting bees. it felt secluded in the mountains. the passcode of john and ada was awesome.

re2 was more action driven story and 4 changed the mechanics. zero looked amazing on gamecube. i can't wait for this remake. i hope we get to play ada more.

Yea I saw the news of an RE2 remake the other day, pretty interesting, I'd like to know how they're going to go about it, will it be like the REmake? If that's the case I'm on board, Remake was the single best Resident Evil game ever made, if it's in that style, cleaned up and prettier but with the updated tank controls of the newer 360/PS3/PS4/X1 version, and classic fixed cameras, then I'm definitely in. I guess this is all we can expect from Capcom now though, remakes of older games that were amazing as opposed to making actual new games that are amazing.

Zoom in and out, like Darius II for the Saturn.

Or hook two widescreen displays up end-to-end. :)

That actually gets you very close to the original arcade aspect ratio(and is, coincidentally, what Taito did for the Darius Burst arcade cab, despite Burst NOT being a port of the originals).

But in all seriousness, I think a modern widescreen set would do Darius II's two-screen version nicely. There's still a bit of letterboxing, but it's a far less absurd amount than the 3-screen. More like the scale you got watching 16:9 content on a 4:3 display. The active image is still a reasonable size, the gaping maw of the frame isn't offensive, etc.

And sure, it's the cab for WUSSES instead of REAL MEN, but it's not like Darius II wasn't designed to be playable on two screens in the first place.

I'd dig a revival of Suikoden, Castlevania, or ZoE, if it meant getting a proper RPG, Metroidvania, or fast-paced mecha action game. Unfortunately, whatever wins will probably turn into a crappy mobile/pachinko game.

The history of the Virtual Boy, sans rumors, speculation, and lies.

A tale of lost capabilities, hardware crippled by early decisions, rushed software development, and a bit of yellow journalism as icing on the cake.

Most amazingly... the system has no Super Mario game. For years, people have wondered why Nintendo thought Mario Clash and Mario Tennis were acceptable for the showcase game.

Bafflingly, Nintendo actually told Yokoi to NOT make a "real" Super Mario game, since it would compete with Super Mario 64.

But eh, we got Wario Land out of it, so I'd say we won in the end if more than twelve people had ever played it. Seriously, Nintendo, why isn't this game ported to/emulated on the 3DS yet?

New Patent sparks talk of potential NX detail.

The history of the Virtual Boy, sans rumors, speculation, and lies.
A tale of lost capabilities, hardware crippled by early decisions, rushed software development, and a bit of yellow journalism as icing on the cake.

Most amazingly... the system has no Super Mario game. For years, people have wondered why Nintendo thought Mario Clash and Mario Tennis were acceptable for the showcase game.
Bafflingly, Nintendo actually told Yokoi to NOT make a "real" Super Mario game, since it would compete with Super Mario 64.

But eh, we got Wario Land out of it, so I'd say we won in the end if more than twelve people had ever played it. Seriously, Nintendo, why isn't this game ported to/emulated on the 3DS yet?

Yeah they should have release them on the 3DS or maybe they don't want because it wasn't a success.

• 2 weeks later...

So, has anyone else tried the Black Ops 3 beta?

I gave it a try and god damn is it the worst thing I've played in years.

I give it a solid 7/10. My issues are beta issues (balance, bugs, server issues). It's miles better than Advanced Warfare. I had a lot of fun playing it, and am seriously considering picking it up when it releases.

Anyone wanna join me on the beta test drive?

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-beta-announce

Although, I really don't consider a beta release 1 month before the game is actually released as a "beta".

What platform will you play on?