Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

• 2 weeks later...

These sculpts are pretty, eh...interesting...but my mom is selling some female 1/6 bodies on ebay that might be fodder for conversions or something.

She said she'll remove the listing and sell to any individual who uses me as a reference. I don't know anything about figures, but I know lots of my MacrossWorld brethren do.

If you're interested.

She buys toys/figures in large lots for her collectios (mostly Barbie and Sindy horses and cars), and gets lots of weird stuff like this that she just wants to give a good home.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-1-6-DOLLSFIGURE-Female-Action-Figures-w-Extra-Feet-EXCELLENT-/121284781058?

• 4 weeks later...

I would prefer a Hot Toys Naked Snake from Snake Eater, complete with crocodile cap. Raiden is a weird choice, he isn't even the main character in the series, plus we've already gotten multiple Play Arts and Revoltechs of him, I want some high quality Snake.

• 2 weeks later...

Weeeeeeee

20140331_073852_zpsy3bztiiy.jpg
Yeah he is a bit thin but when you add the cloths it then stays in proportion otherwise it would look off but I dont mind I finally got a cool wolverine figure. Metal Claws and sword. Bone claws are soft plastic
20140331_074527_zps11d6yslb.jpg
20140331_074551_zpszxgk5qy8.jpg
20140331_074557_zps3r5u8q68.jpg
Didnt feel like putting on the jeans that it comes with. Pain in the ass
20140331_074608_zpsikzkwwin.jpg
20140331_074634_zps3bswmrz7.jpg

20140331_073615_zpscbytsql5.jpg

s4712u.jpg

I ordered mine from Ami Ami. Was really looking forward to this figure and well...... I'm totally having a blast posing this thing!

I don't mind the the whole fabric issue; it's pretty much the same as what's on the box cover. I'm more impressed that the chain mail is actually textured instead of a printed shirt.

Now I'm Gonna hunt for a 1/6 scaled horse/Epona for this guy!

Just a few quick poses......

35lyjo5.jpg2qimfr5.jpg2iu6il3.jpgxbwrcn.jpgmuyavp.jpg2qvh6hc.jpg2rrb577.jpg2ynhxrn.jpg28btwky.jpg

Video Game theme......

2lkvbs1.jpg

At first I thought it was perspective but that Man of Steel Superman looks like his head is too big for his body. :p

Probably going to move away from collecting Hot Toys for awhile, have to get up the nerve to list my Iron Man Mark VII and Midas on eBay sometime within the next week. Not sure what I will do with existing pre-orders at Sideshow but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Cool figures but they're so expensive and with all the Macross stuff coming out it's time to trim the fat so to speak.

-b.

He is leaning forward and to the side... also his feet and legs are back haha

Id like to get a VI but.. the silver cent is coming out and I don't need that many Iron men.

I want Harlock, Robocop, and the other new Terminator that's coming out.

Think I'll pass on the eldar pred.

See...that's why I need to get out now. Collecting Hot Toys (or 6th scale) are about as addictive as collecting Macross. And on average more expensive.

And I was only down to collecting only Iron Man from the Military of Star Wars Captain Rex - I had Mark VI and the original War Machine from IM2 but sold them both last year and Rex before that. Now I only have Mark VII and Midas in their respective boxes, I never even opened them (just the brown shipper).

Just too much cool sh!t and money and space are at a high premium for me these days.

-b.

Yeah I think one detolf of HT is enough. Luckily I don't like a lot of the outfits from the movies and I'm really picky. I mostly just want 80's movie stuff and a few rare things that peak my interest.

As for Macross there isn't anything I want that's coming out other than the VF-0 and that's next year.

I have a few yamato's I want but that's it.

Edited by Gakken85

• 1 month later...

I kind of want one of the Iron Man 3 suits. If only they weren't used for comedy and always breaking apart so easily. One of the coolest things to me back in the day was in Bubblegum Crisis Episode 6, when Priss is knocked out of a building. You see the jets of her hardsuit kick in to slow her rapid fall. The hardsuit didn't shatter or anything then. But later when the new suit shows up she commands it to release her. Actually it's on youtube. Visual is better than words.

I don't own too many 1/6 figures, only 3 Hot Toys, but when something catches my eye I'm sold. It appears there's quite a few companies doing incredible 1/6 figures these days, my question, has anyone heard of World Box? World Box recently announced these two 1/6 Mortal Kombat figures, and I pre-ordered both.

1000463_491558544252017_3914909_n.jpg

9942.jpg

I'm excited, I think these two look great, obviously I'm now hoping for a Liu Kang and Scorpion to compliment these two.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think anyone else here is as in to Dead Space as I am, but I thought I'd share this anyways. ThreeZero is just trying to take all my money and shelf space:

http://threezerostore.com/index.php?type=Categories&id=21&pid=66〈=en-US

DeadSpace3-20140718-10497467_mouse-over-

Meh, why Dead Space 3? I mean I personally enjoyed it, and had a hell of a lot of fun with it in co-op, but I think his armors from 1 and 2 were miles better then the winter fur covered look from 3. I saw this was up about a week ago on bigbadtoystore, it's a pass for me.

Edited by Tking22

Round up of todays HT news.

1. Hot Toys is getting the rights to do 1/6th and 1/4th scale Star Wars from Episode I-7
2. Diecast Iron Man III
3. Back to the Future Marty Mc Fly.
4. HT is doing a crappy Optimus prime.

sudymapa.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Meh, why Dead Space 3? I mean I personally enjoyed it, and had a hell of a lot of fun with it in co-op, but I think his armors from 1 and 2 were miles better then the winter fur covered look from 3. I saw this was up about a week ago on bigbadtoystore, it's a pass for me.

I much prefer the DS2 Advanced suit, but I'm also a HUGE Dead Space fan and If I buy this one, it might increase the chance of more suits down the line... ThreeZero preorders tend to stay open for a while, I'll need to ruminate on this for a while. (If I'm gonna get one, I want the exclusive helmet-less Issac head).

sudymapa.jpg

I don't have nearly enough money or room for such a thing, but I'd buy that over a batmobile any day.

Guest davidwhangchoi

how much is the car? that looks good.

all you need is some lighter fluid and you're set to go.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Cool! BTTF! Looking forward to see Marty's face. Love to have that DeLorean as well, but not enough space to put that beauty and I assumed price for that one will be around $500-700. It's more detailed than the Tumbler or Keaton's Batmobile. Would look great too if it comes with option parts to switch it to 'Flying DeLorean' as Biff would say. ^_^

It's good thing though that they're announcing some 'new' cool stuff. Kinda fed up seeing those various IM figures announcement. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm