Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

Well, she's still a 16 year-old teen. I think that means she's under legal age in most parts of the world, except Japan and France. So think of the stars as nipple tape. ^_^

The age of consent in UK is 16, as it is in a great many countries around the world.

From a quick bit of online research, it seems that in the US although it varies from state to state, in many states the age of consent is also 16.

See: Age of consent around the world.

So if she was a real person, Sheryl would be legal in many countries.

As she's not a real person, it's sort of a moot point.

Graham

Graham

the US appeals court and the British parliament beg to differ.

"20 Years for Loli Manga: “Victims Don’t Have to Exist”

UK Bans Loli: "all Children are victims"

(It's Sankaku so super NSFW.)

conincidentally the US and the UK have the 9th and 13th highest per capita rape rates in the world respectively (Austraila and Canada rank 3rd and 5th)

anyways... so who's looking forward to that sheryl figure? (I finally had the spare cash to pre-order from overdrive today.)

Edited by anime52k8

More coming...

Action doll: looks better than the Sheryl version, anime-accurate wise...

Nyan-nyan tuna buns: captures the essence of some promotional material out there, but could use some more facial anime accuracy! Still, I am a bit tempted to get this one!

Which magazine are these scans from? I am not good at pinpointing Japanese hobby magazines.

conincidentally the US and the UK have the 9th and 13th highest per capita rape rates in the world respectively (Austraila and Canada rank 3rd and 5th)

anyways... so who's looking forward to that sheryl figure? (I finally had the spare cash to pre-order from overdrive today.)

Just to add, I believe some laddies in Australia or Britain or USA got arrested for importing loli manga from Japan. Lost the BBC links, but I believed it was reported by BBC online.

The age of consent in UK is 16, as it is in a great many countries around the world.

From a quick bit of online research, it seems that in the US although it varies from state to state, in many states the age of consent is also 16.

See: Age of consent around the world.

So if she was a real person, Sheryl would be legal in many countries.

Graham

I believe we're discussing about Ranka Lee, not Sheryl Nome. :)

BTW, quite a number of entries in that link are obsolete due to a number of changes in the laws of the countries involved to cut down child prostitution. Even Japan (or at least Tokyo) is pretty strict about paying a high school girl for sex dates. It still happens, but they're making arrests more common now. (Prostitution is ILLEGAL in Japan, but not soaplands. Go figure. :p )

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...RESIN+MODEL+KIT

Nice, even cast off. I won't be getting it though, i'll be getting the 28cm.... :D

I've got to say, that is the WORST head sculpt I've seen on a Sheryl figure yet. also it's a resin kit I hate building those.

You had me worried for a second, I was starting to regret ordering the Megahouse Sheryl before it' even released. :p

(I would love a Sheryl figure in her "star date" outfit, but not this one)

I've got to say, that is the WORST head sculpt I've seen on a Sheryl figure yet. also it's a resin kit I hate building those.

You had me worried for a second, I was starting to regret ordering the Megahouse Sheryl before it' even released. :p

(I would love a Sheryl figure in her "star date" outfit, but not this one)

THAT is an imposter alright!

The Ranka looks ok though. Still, I can't paint.

Yeah Mike it is rather off, but it's hard to resist Sheryl goodness. lol, i'm so addicted it's not funny. :(

Noticed this one as well, are they copying Banprestos??? - http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?p...RESIN+MODEL+KIT

oh yeah, I just remembered, hobby fan Recasts EVERYTHING.

No problems with Grace in that regard---she's older than she looks.

She will always claim to be seventeen though ^_^

[...]

Graham

Yea, age of consent has nothing to do with figures, nude or not.

The joys of the Anglo-saxon world's attitudes towards sexuality...

Still I wish there would be a less tacky Sheryl figure, I think she took over Britney's stylists... Wouldn't mind a kimono figure from the episodes at Alto's fathers place.

The Ranka one in school uniform with Ai-kun looks great.

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=...p;itkey=macross

ton of new stuff coming out and i have noidea what they are (no pics)

But very interesting list -

Petit Chara-Land Macross Frontier We are Open! Nyan-Nyan Restaurant 10 Pieces (PVC Figure) PVC Figure

Manufacturer : MegaHouse Release Date : Late Oct

Harf Age Girls Macross Heroine : 10 pieces (PVC Figure) PVC Figure

Manufacturer : Bandai Release Date : Dec

Prop Plus Petit Macross Frontier The Movie (PVC Figure) PVC Figure

Manufacturer : Bandai Release Date : Nov

Petit Chara-Land Macross Frontier We are Open! Nyan-Nyan Restaurant 10 Pieces (PVC Figure) PVC Figure

Goto www.amiami.com for the Megahouse product pictures. No pictures yet for the Bandai stuff though... :unsure:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?vgform=SearchP...evious=Previous

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/129277

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/129274 (Warning: Avoid this link if you are prudish and wants to avoid seeing a naked breast bun.) :lol:

Edited by blacklotus

Thanks for the news! Are they all super deformed figures?

Thanks for the news! Are they all super deformed figures?

From the name of the products, I believe so. They're either SD (petite) or kiddie (harf "half" age) version.

No problems ruskiiVFaussie. I was also looking for the pics. Hobbysearch sometimes post the pics a day later after the pre-order listing.

Edited by blacklotus

Thanks for the info.

I am still wishing for regular MF characters...

Ozma... Catherine... Luca (yes I need him to have a complete Skull squad)... Nanase...

Pilot suit Michael... Or at least SMS jacket. A couple more Klan Klans... Micro and macro...

From the name of the products, I believe so. They're either SD (petite) or kiddie (harf "half" age) version.

No problems ruskiiVFaussie. I was also looking for the pics. Hobbysearch sometimes post the pics a day later after the pre-order listing.

Yeah mate, thanks for your site, this one will be in the top 3, alongside ToysDaily and www.1999.

Yeah mate, thanks for your site, this one will be in the top 3, alongside ToysDaily and www.1999.

I guess I will buy the Nyan Nyan Ranka Lee to accompany my cheong-sam dressed Miss China (Spirit of Wonder). But with so many other hot stuff coming along down the pipeline (VFs galore, Queens Blade galore), I have to pass on the petite ones.

Edited by blacklotus

2h4ez9l.jpg

OMG SO CUTE!!! MUST HAVE!!!

on a semi-related note, since we're getting a non-chibi version of Ranka based off the launch ceremony poster, I hope that means they'll make one of Sheryl in that china dress. HOLLY SH*T HOT!

Edited by anime52k8

2h4ez9l.jpg

OMG SO CUTE!!! MUST HAVE!!!

on a semi-related note, since we're getting a non-chibi version of Ranka based off the launch ceremony poster, I hope that means they'll make one of Sheryl in that china dress. HOLLY SH*T HOT!

Nice. Very cute. ^_^

Love to get them.