ROBOT 魂 <SIDE VF>

GRAND CANNON

It's a non-scale line, so stop trying to find one.

If helpful, all figures stand between 12.5-15 centimetres tall.

I believe this is a response to my questions and I believe you misread them. I asked if they were a similar size to the 1/100s and requested a picture of it with something we'd be familiar with so we can see how it scales to that item. I was not asking what fixed scale this line was in. Yes, your measurement is helpful, as is ff95gj's newest pic.

Edited by jenius

Comparison pics:

k1fa6w.jpg

243exyg.jpg

More pics here:

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?s...5&start=405

Some really good picture reviews:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/type97/20091112

http://schizophonic9.com/robotmessiah.html

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/UNOYO/20091113/p1

The Q-raus looks to have some limited posability in the arms and legs but the Alto looks like it has a fantastic freedom of movement. I like the tiny size. Gonna get them both.

I have to add that personally I think they have great poseability. It's the best MF toy IMHO. It's still chunky when compared to the model kits, but I think it's deliberately geared towards that direction as a pure-battroid toy. More sturdy look and ready for melee I mean.

I'm going to collect them all!

i'm a big fan of these RDs... i have quite a few plus some more coming in including the Q-Rea... but i'll pass on the Super Alto for now in the hopes of an armored one in the future, but i'll definitely be getting the Super 25G to go w/ Klan's Q-Rea.... i just hope they don't make the Armored Alto or even just the armor parts an exclusive seeing as the Robot Damashii line has been churning out quite a lot of exclusives lately (w/c includes the Pixie Q-Rea)... <_<

EDIT - good thing though that Klan's Q-Rea didn't end up being an exclusive since it's a Quedluun "Rare"... ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

Picked up both last night from the 111 Richmond Center on Argyle Street. The Q-Rare is great, but I wish they had used the same gloss red ABS plastic for the limbs, not just the body. The red parts of the limbs appear to be PVC & the color doesn't quite match the red ABS of the body. Still a great toy though. The VF.-25F Super is OK, but I'm not that excited about it, as I'm not that into non-transforming battroids. Graham

man, that gunpod for the VF-25F is absolutely lame... esp. seeing as bandai were able to incorporate some of the simpler gimmicks for the rifles of even the earliest Robot Damashii figs. hell, even the old revy VF-1's gunpod seems better w/ the swappable parts 'n all.

i haven't seen any pics of the VF-25G's sniper rifle w/ those balancers folded down... <_<

Edited by m0n5t3r

Compared to the Revoltechs, the RDs really stand out.

Great articulation and I love the solid ABS plastic used as opposed to the Revoltech's soft plastic. Figures feel solid and weighty. Joints are nice and tight. Personally prefer the joints of the RDs to the Revoltechs as the ratchet joints limit the angles of poseability and are sometimes hard to pose.

Overall, highly recommended. If these transformed, they'd be godly.

my only complain regarding the Superparts (not the battroid per se) is the elongated chest, they seem to have simply "stretched" the part so it can clip on (and completely cover or "envelop") the original battroid chest, the red polygons and the white one look much longer than in the 1/72 model or 1/60 toy. The rest is all fun and cool.

my Q-rea has a weird QC problem, the backpack missile pod seems to be misaligned...and I also found the new Side-VF Q-rea are now more expensive than the Yamato 1/60 Q-rau!!

my only complain regarding the Superparts (not the battroid per se) is the elongated chest, they seem to have simply "stretched" the part so it can clip on (and completely cover or "envelop") the original battroid chest, the red polygons and the white one look much longer than in the 1/72 model or 1/60 toy. The rest is all fun and cool.

my Q-rea has a weird QC problem, the backpack missile pod seems to be misaligned...and I also found the new Side-VF Q-rea are now more expensive than the Yamato 1/60 Q-rau!!

I'm actually disappointed with this vf-25F over the lack of details and markings, particularly the sms logo.

I think the chest looks good. B))

Edited by fatty_tang

by the way, has anybody tried moving the head lasers on the VF-25? the box art shows a picture with them pointing at a higher angle than the actual default setting, my guess is that it cannot really move, anybody tried it yet?

I tried just now but didn't want to push it any further b/c it didn't seem to be budging.

I'm also very impressed by the RD VF-25F. Love the armour and the solidity of the figured. The poseability is great and I love the look and feel of it. My only quibble is that the back heels don't articulate, only the front of the foot. But in all, it's a very lovely figure and the eyes are great as they really catch the light.

does that rifle close or is it obscenely underdetailed like the gunpod?

Let's say I was okay with the 25F gunpod and sighed when I looked at the 25G sniper rifle.

Still, overly I like the toy. The color is pearl-toned and added a metalic feel to it.

• 1 month later...