You can add San Andreas to the list. I love Dwayne Johnson, but god what a stupid, pointless, and terribly bad geological movie.

Plot point is only for The Rock to save his overly busty daughter from San Fransisco with his overly busty ex, but not maybe ex-wife.

Every stupid cliche character ever thought up, is in this movie. Every over the top CGI sequence, has been re-purposed into the movie.

How the Rock ever signed on, is beyond me. Must have been a personal favor to someone on the production team.

It's not even worth the time you'll waste watching on netflix.

agreed! San Andreas was pretty woeful.. I only watched it cos my son wanted to and we both hated it. I too was a little puzzled as to why Dwayne Johnson singed on for this unless the movie sounded better on paper than it eventually turned out to be? But then again other movies he's done such as Furious7 for example which was also frighteningly horrendous! He probably got paid a few cool million for it so ultimately why would he care..

agreed! San Andreas was pretty woeful.. I only watched it cos my son wanted to and we both hated it. I too was a little puzzled as to why Dwayne Johnson singed on for this unless the movie sounded better on paper than it eventually turned out to be? But then again other movies he's done such as Furious7 for example which was also frighteningly horrendous! He probably got paid a few cool million for it so ultimately why would he care..

Because Dwayne is not afraid to take on any role. Besides, after Tooth Fairy, what could possibly be worse for him?

Another certified Stinker, this one starring Professor X and Harry Potter.

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 24% - " A re-imagining without the imagining, Victor Frankenstein plays at providing a fresh perspective on an oft-told tale, but ultimately offers little of interest that viewers haven't already seen in superior Frankenstein films."
Metacritic Score: 34 out of 100

Edited by areaseven

• 2 weeks later...

Still hate this movie, even if the ending was supposedly Kubrick's idea.

I remember see this in theaters when I was 11 years old, and even then I hated that movie and thought the ending was terrible.

I remember seeing this in theaters when I was 11 years old, and even then I hated that movie and thought the ending was terrible.

Which one? The actual one where David and Teddy were underwater talking to the Blue Fairy, or the overblown one where Earth is in another Ice Age and David still wants his mommy?

I get that people around here try to explain that the film is supposed to depict the deconstruction of humankind, but I still don't see it (other than robots becoming the folly of man). Even though the Nostalgia Critic is dull and repetitive these days, he's spot-on with all the faults of this film. It's not certain whether or not Kubrick would have done this film if he were still alive, but it would've most certainly been much better than what Spielberg gave us.

Which one? The actual one where David and Teddy were underwater talking to the Blue Fairy, or the overblown one where Earth is in another Ice Age and David still wants his mommy?

I get that people around here try to explain that the film is supposed to depict the deconstruction of humankind, but I still don't see it (other than robots becoming the folly of man). Even though the Nostalgia Critic is dull and repetitive these days, he's spot-on with all the faults of this film. It's not certain whether or not Kubrick would have done this film if he were still alive, but it would've most certainly been much better than what Spielberg gave us.

That film is thought provoking on a bunch of levels - the one most relevant for this discussion is Kubrick's theme of the deconstruction of mankind in his later movies and how it conflicts with Spielberg humanistic optimism, which got twisted (but still remains apparent) when Spielberg attempted to do Kubrick.

It's hard to say if it would be 'better', but it definitely would've been less optimistic, and probably a lot darker (emotionally speaking, given Kubrick's Christmas tree scene lighting style ;) ).

... and my vote for worst ever SF movie still stays on the douche of a movie: Armageddon.

Edited by sketchley

In a mood for a really bad movie? Someone on Wikipedia created a list of films that have a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. If you look closely, there are common patterns such as:

• National Lampoon films
  • Police Academy sequels
  • Leprechaun sequels
  • The Lost Boys sequels nobody asked for
  • Disney direct-to-video sequels
  • Films produced by Adam Sandler

List of films with a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes

The nominees for the 36th Golden Raspberry Awards have been announced, and it's anyone's guess who'll go home with the most shame. Surprisingly, Jem and the Holograms did not make the cut.

Worst Picture

Fant4stic

Fifty Shades of Grey

Jupiter Ascending

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

Pixels

Worst Actor

Johnny Depp (Mortdecai)

Jamie Dornan (Fifty Shades of Grey)

Kevin James (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2)

Adam Sandler (Pixels and The Cobbler)

Channing Tatum (Jupiter Ascending)

Worst Actress

Katherine Heigl (Home Sweet Hell)

Dakota Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey)

Mila Kunis (Jupiter Ascending)

Jennifer Lopez (The Boy Next Door)

Gwyneth Paltrow (Mortdecai)

Worst Supporting Actor

Chevy Chase (Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Vacation)

Josh Gad (Pixels and The Wedding Ringer)

Kevin James (Pixels)

Jason Lee (Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip)

Eddie Redmayne (Jupiter Ascending)

Worst Supporting Actress

Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip and The Wedding Ringer)
Rooney Mara (Pan)
Michelle Monaghan (Pixels)
Julianne Moore (Seventh Son)
Amanda Seyfried (Love the Coopers and Pan)

Worst Director

Andy Fickman (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2)

Tom Six (Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence))

Sam Taylor-Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey)

Josh Trank (Fant4stic)

Andy and Lana Wachowski (Jupiter Ascending)

Worst Screenplay

Fant4stic

Fifty Shades of Grey

Jupiter Ascending

Pixels

Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel

Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip

Fant4stic

Hot Tub Time Machine 2

Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)

Worst Screen Combo

All Four “Fantastics” (Fant4stic)
Johnny Depp and His Glued-On Moustache (Mortdecai)
Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, (Fifty Shades of Grey)
Kevin James and either His Segway or His Glued-On Moustache (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2)
Adam Sandler and Any Pair of Shoes (The Cobbler)

Razzie Redeemer Award

Elizabeth Banks (multiple hit films after Movie 43)

M. Night Shyamalan (The Visit after a string of duds)

Will Smith (Concussion following After Earth)

Sylvester Stallone (Creed after being an All-Time Razzie Champ)

As 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi premieres this week, let's look back at Michael Bay's first attempt at adapting history.

I'm still trying to forget I paid good money to see Pearl Harbor in theater with my sister. She still hasn't forgiven me for that.