DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

I really hope that they will add small ball joints to antennas just like in Yamato's VF-19Kai and make them splittable!!

d2e04cd8.jpg

I'm pretty sure they will have the ball joints since YF-29 has them already.

wow - that does look nice, but I'm afraid that super/armored packs might be a tamashii bundle. According to XE as of now, its $182...so with S/H we are looking for a $200 ish in average for just a VF25 Messiah with no add-ons.

As someone mentioned, we are looking at Yamato prices.

Added V1 to the image:

post-467-0-68253600-1309351541_thumb.jpeg

I see so many differences, it is doubtful that any pieces of the old fast/armor/tornado packs can fit.

That comparison picture says it all, no need for words.

wow - that does look nice, but I'm afraid that super/armored packs might be a tamashii bundle. According to XE as of now, its $182...so with S/H we are looking for a $200 ish in average for just a VF25 Messiah with no add-ons.

I expected as much, hopefully I'll be able to get the armored pack for the "S" model, and super packs for the other 3.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Damn.......the more I look at 1.......ONE.......freaking picture my want is just getting so high. I'd really prefer Ozma's but I don't know if I'll be able to resist this one.

Chris

edit: the antena angle is the only thing I can see so far, and that is probably already a non issue. Otherwise it looks spot on.

wow...

LOL...I know, right? Night and day difference, I really want to know who was responsible for the YF-29 and VF-25 redesign. Oh, and a little preview of how I'm hoping the fighter mode will look:

PICT2613.jpg

I wonder if they used the 1/72 model as reference when they made the YF-29 and VF-25 V2...

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Now the wait begins...

Cross my fingers this is not going to be a technological disaster.

Can't believe it took them so long to do a decent-looking VF-25.

I may be an exception, but actually I prefer bare VF-25s with the exception of the armored S.

I really hope that they will add small ball joints to antennas just like in Yamato's VF-19Kai and make them splittable!!

d2e04cd8.jpg

Yeah I agree. Graham tell yama...oh crap there is no graham equivalent on the boards who meets with bandai to cater to us and listen to complaints like basara forces us to listen to his songs. We are screwed. May as well save up for version 3 and skip this one. lol

IIRC didn't Bandai release the 25F and 25S at the same time with the version 1? Could of sworn I remember them both being up for pre-order at the same time.

Chris

IIRC didn't Bandai release the 25F and 25S at the same time with the version 1? Could of sworn I remember them both being up for pre-order at the same time.

Chris

Correct. They were also a lot cheaper.at around 10,000 jpy.

i guess i'm the only one that prefers the slightly chunky aesthetic....the V2 looks damn sweet for those who are into the 100% line art accurate toys. after seeing this i'll get a V2 if and only if they fix the other problems with the V1's (mostly the poorly designed afterthought-like accessories/accesory packs, loosening joints). then again, i'm a re-buy sucker.

Wow. Bandai farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr surpassed my expectations with this one. I'm definitely getting one. At least.

I'm also one of the ones that prefers the naked VF-25. Especially for Ozma's. That Skull logo is too badass to cover up with armor.

I like the super parts tho, so I wouldn't mind getting one set of those. I also love the look of Alto's Armor pack, not the biggest fan of Ozma's.

So I will probably get the VF-25F, VF-25G and VF-25S. Not the biggest fan of Luca or his valk.

Holy sh.... I'm almost confused between the CG and the V2... Holy... I'm keeping out of this one in hope for a VF Hi-Metal release (if it's still going). If not, then I'll definitely get this when HLJ starts the discount in two years time.

i guess i'm the only one that prefers the slightly chunky aesthetic....the V2 looks damn sweet for those who are into the 100% line art accurate toys. after seeing this i'll get a V2 if and only if they fix the other problems with the V1's (mostly the poorly designed afterthought-like accessories/accesory packs, loosening joints). then again, i'm a re-buy sucker.

Is there any reason to doubt this? With all the money they can devote vs yamato who is supposed to be smaller and have less $ than them?

In fact many of us were shocked that bandai didn't bring their A game in the first place and release them to the standard of yamato valks. We see this v2 version as what bandai should have done in the first place. If they screw it up it will probably be some part of an evil plan to keep making us buy a fixed version. lol

Holy sh.... I'm almost confused between the CG and the V2... Holy... I'm keeping out of this one in hope for a VF Hi-Metal release (if it's still going). If not, then I'll definitely get this when HLJ starts the discount in two years time.

Himetal would be awesome. But I secretly wish they would release the yf-19 and yf-21 himetal first. Why no news for these releases? Are they scrapped? All they have to do is tell us: "we are still working on it" and people can relax.

list price is 14,700Â¥ so that means most retailers will carry it for between 15% and 25% less than that (between 12,500Â¥ and 11,025Â¥ which works out to between $135 and $155 US.) even with shipping it will probably work out to around $180USD delivered.

The List price for the YF-29 is 17,000Â¥ and I'm still convinced that all the extra parts on the YF-29 are close to equal to at least a set of super parts for a VF-25. I'm surprised now and will be even more surprised down the road if we don't see a super VF-25 for around no more than 18,000Â¥ MSRP.

:edit:

BTW, according to the tamashii web page; that 14,700Â¥ includes a 5% sales tax which most online retailers don't charge you.

Edited by anime52k8

SOLD

+1

I too love the new look of the version 2. Bandai should have hired flex a LONG time ago :D

Its a good thing I hesitated on buying either the 1/72 or the 1/60 DX. Looks like the best of both worlds are coming

together now. Unlike others though, I actually prefer the look of armored alto vs. armored ozma. Hoping Bandai doesn't gip me

on this one like they did with the armored alto parts for the version 1 release <_<

By the way, if GERWALK looks anything like Hutch's profile pic, consider me sold for 2+

Edited by Archer

I'm still waiting on QC issues from the 29 but it appears Bandai have finally convinced me to buy some Frontier Valks. Especially a Luca if only for the reason that I like the color and there haven't been green on Valk's since the original series/movie.

For those of you who wanted the old armour/super packs to be useable on this, I know what it must feel like. It reminds me of what happened when CMs released the Legioss Tread combo with extras that forces you to buy the whole thing all over again if you wanted those extras (since the extra only appeared together in the re-release.) :D

If I were you I'd just sell all the v1 ASAP before other people devalue it once news of this new version spreads. lol

For those of you who wanted the old armour/super packs to be useable on this, I know what it must feel like. It reminds me of what happened when CMs released the Legioss Tread combo with extras that forces you to buy the whole thing all over again if you wanted those extras (since the extra only appeared together in the re-release.) :D

If I were you I'd just sell all the v1 ASAP before other people devalue it once news of this new version spreads. lol

Already offloaded my Luca and Ozma....and Alto's about to be taken away....

:ph34r:

I put up my Michael version for sale about 5 days ago maybe (?) and it was right when this thread was out. Didn't read this until after it was up. Well, I'm now 25-less. I'm glad they'll look like they are supposed to, and that proto of the v.2 looks damn good. Still hoping the accessorie sets, like the Galia IV set will still connect.

We all sound like Apple fans waiting for the next iPhone to come out. hehe.

This i-VF-25 2.0 looks like a big improvement in design over the original.