IXTL

Nice. Can you show me a screen capture of the 599XX that you were working on? You got me curious. Hehehe. :)

I wish I could... My xbox 360 and it's HDD died about a year ago. :(. All I have left are some screen caps of the Aventador.

I 100% pirated your Gerwalk pose on the 27 and it pulls attention directly to it now. If I ever post a picture of my collection and people tell me how cool the gerwalk pose is I will likely also take full credit for it. ;) Be sure to remember this post in order to set the record straight in the future. At that time, I will deny all knowledge of typing this.

I 100% pirated your Gerwalk pose on the 27 and it pulls attention directly to it now. If I ever post a picture of my collection and people tell me how cool the gerwalk pose is I will likely also take full credit for it. ;) Be sure to remember this post in order to set the record straight in the future. At that time, I will deny all knowledge of typing this.

:lol:

-b.

Noted. :lol:

• 6 months later...

Anybody interested in getting the DX Super VF-27?

I got an email notification that it is back in stock at NY: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/product.php?id_product=5088

Its also in stock over at Plamoya: http://plamoya.com/en/dx-chogokin-macross-frontier-vf27-lucifer-super-parts-set-p-81173.html

Given the weak JPY, I think these prices are quite reasonable considering this already comes bundled with the Super Pack. For me, this is one of the best enemy valkyries you can buy right now. :)

Anybody interested in getting the DX Super VF-27?

I got an email notification that it is back in stock at NY: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/product.php?id_product=5088

Its also in stock over at Plamoya: http://plamoya.com/en/dx-chogokin-macross-frontier-vf27-lucifer-super-parts-set-p-81173.html

Given the weak JPY, I think these prices are quite reasonable considering this already comes bundled with the Super Pack. For me, this is one of the best enemy valkyries you can buy right now. :)

Those appear to be for just the super parts, not the VF-27 itself. ?

Yeah, that's just a re-issue of the most recent DX Chogokin VF-27 with included Super Parts.

And priced a bit high (I honestly don't recall what the original retail price was) compared to what you find on Mandarake.

-b.

i got 3 from hlj at around JPY 17,000 iirc

• 9 months later...

Help!

I'm sorry for this being a bit of a necropost, but I've just bought one of these NIB, and it's arrived with the very tip of the nosecone (which appears to be a separate piece on all the Bandai valks) unattached from the rest of the nose. I'm probably asking the wrong thread for this, but can anyone please let me know what particular variety of glue I'd need to use for this? I'm not sure what would be the strongest, it'd be plastic-on-plastic, but I'm worried I might use something that'll discolor the toy. Any suggestions?

I am referring to the actual plastic connector that attaches the nose one to the rest of the plane, when I attempted to transform for the first time a week after getting it, the nose one just came off in my hand with a good sized chunk of plastic that surrounded the little pin connecting it to the rest of the mecha. Makes it real disappointing, as I am afraid to transform to battroid now, even though I attempted repair with gorilla glue. So my super VF-27y stays in fighter mode......

Twich

I am referring to the actual plastic connector that attaches the nose one to the rest of the plane, when I attempted to transform for the first time a week after getting it, the nose one just came off in my hand with a good sized chunk of plastic that surrounded the little pin connecting it to the rest of the mecha. Makes it real disappointing, as I am afraid to transform to battroid now, even though I attempted repair with gorilla glue. So my super VF-27y stays in fighter mode......

Twich

I've never heard of anyone else having this kind of issue, on any of the VF-27 molds (old and new) as well as the Renewals. I know it sucks, but I think you got a bad copy.

Question though, when you pulled the nose down, did you try pulling it forward first to give enough space to move it down?

• 7 months later...

So the search function refuses to find this topic for some odd reason, but fortunately it wasn't buried too far.

Apologies for digging up this old relic, but has anyone every taken apart the backpack drone for this set?

My drone has nozzles that are limp as a soggy roll of tissue paper, and I need to find some way to get them off without destroying the drone. Pried off the glued on screw covers on the underside, only to find that that the only thing the screws do anything for is holding the center piece together, while the entire engine pods are glued shut.

I'm tempted to try and just pop them off the ball joints, but I can't get any leverage on the nozzle, and I'm worried I'll snap off the goofy jagged petals if I try.

I don't own that version of the mold, but I've *tried* to disassemble enough Frontier valks to confirm that yes, sadly, they are often held together more with glue than with screws. And it's a very good glue, that can rip the plastic apart before it'll let the seam go.

• 2 years later...

WARNING!!!

Once again I was transforming my VF-27 and notice crack marks on the back toes even a pair already broken 

I replaced mine with the V1 version parts that are OK despite be older (maybe is the plastic)

So I recomend check yours

Sin título-1.jpg

2 hours ago, valhary said:

WARNING!!!

Once again I was transforming my VF-27 and notice crack marks on the back toes even a pair already broken 

I replaced mine with the V1 version parts that are OK despite be older (maybe is the plastic)

So I recomend check yours

Sin título-1.jpg

Either the metal is expanding or the plastic is shrinking. Seems this will be the inevitable fate of lots of VF/YFs out there.

Such a bummer. =(

I doubt that has something to do with the weight because the most of the time display in fighter mode 

also consider the V1 not have this problem and are the same pins (I know because disarmament to transplant it)

The only difference seems to be the plastic

It could be a manufacturing issue, like less careful installation of the pin. Many of Yamato's woes actually started at the assembly line. If the plastic was being stressed during the installation of the pin, that could cause a fissure that would become a crack years later.

That is unfortunate.  I'll have to check both my Brera and Grace versions soon to see if this an issue on either.  As I recall, the plastic is exactly the same between whether it's green or magenta.