IXTL

Yeah, bottom line on this one is that the parts are an afterthought. The design wasn't meant to hold them, so we're back to the days of the original production runs of the VF-25 not being able to mount super parts. I seriously doubt anyone would be able to mount these parts on their original issue VF-27.

Hopefully they've learned by now not to mount things that strain the entire structure of the plane, but however you slice it, this is going to be a chop job.

The semi-good news though is that there was enough demand for movie merchandise to convince them to do this at all. Since they're releasing this one as a bundle, wouldn't it make sense to also release a new YF-29 super pack bundle as a counterpart?

And, there I go again.. imagining Bandai's marketing department ever does anything that makes sense. :lol:

All I need is for them not to do this and get on to the V2 already (preferably canon fodder). Easily the weakest announcement out of the three we got today. Watchu playin at, Bandai?

Edited by xrentonx

Gonna be ****ing disappointed in Bandai if, after all the renewals, they get lazy and just reissue the crappy old 27.

I might pick one up if that's the only 27 that we're gonna get for years, until some point in the future when Yamato finally gets the Frontier license.

It's saying in fighter mode for sure.

The 27 was very good in fighter mode. I think, like others have speculated, this might be similar to what happened with the VF-25G and Tornado Parts. The only difference here though is Bandai was using that release as another way to get mileage out of the existing Tornado Parts and on this release they're having to come up with a whole new super parts mold and possibly some mods to the existing mold to make it Super Parts compliant. I guess I could see it going either way... maybe the renewal VF-27 will have to wait until Bandai's 35th Anniversary V3 VF-25? I would love for Bandai to do a renewal now that we know the whole renewal of VF-25 toys are coming out and we're getting another 171.

Edited by jenius

Hmnn. Wonder if they'll just include replacement shoulders? Everything else should have a usable tab/hinge/slot to use on the existing one (except maybe the shield/tail). I mean, all the other Frontier armor packs use at least some "replacement" parts in areas.

So wierd... All the other toy sites have it listed as a renewal. Can anyone confirm the Japanese tag?

Just hopeful that they put the old one just for show while a new mold is being made.

Also, any word on the green version?

They're probably just confusing it with the VF-25s, since all those are renewals.

Plus.. releasing a renewal that includes super packs? This is Bandai we're talking about. They'd never do something that makes that much sense. :p

Seriously though, it doesn't make much sense for them to make a renewal with the super packs already added, unless they figured the packs are so minor they couldn't market them separately. Besides, if this was a renewal version, I'd think there'd be a lot more buzz about it, and a lot more pictures taken.

I'm guessing these super parts may not sell too well as many people are likely expecting a repeat of history where a renewal version is announced after the last set of accessories they can milk have been sold.

Hopefully that doesn't indicate to them that there's no longer an interest in the VF-27 if that happens.

The only way I'd be tempted to get these super parts is if it came with an AIF-9V Ghost.

I was originally not planning to get this since I'd rather hope and wait for a renewal version. But if these parts are sold separately AND come with replacement shoulder pauldrons, then I will buy them. This is because the paint on the shoulders of one of my VF-27s has already chipped and I want to fix that.