1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

My HMR VF-1J arrived early!

VF-1J%20vs%20Glaug_zpssanles7l.jpg

Just kidding of course. Finally got around to detailing my Hikaru 1J , which I've had since 2008. After sitting on my workbench in pieces for the last few months, I finally pushed myself to finish it and make room for this month's VF-31 kit.

It's more or less the same kind of detailing I did on my Roy 1S, but I wanted a cleaner look for Hikaru, so I used a lighter touch on the shading. Hikaru's valkyrie wouldn't have seen as much action as Roy's, and he goes through several of them anyway. :rolleyes:

Decals are a combination of Hasegawa, third party, and decals I printed myself.

Used a semi-gloss finish for Hikaru instead of the flat finish I used on Roy. Flat looks more "realistic" but I prefer a slightly glossier look for anime mecha. Also, flat finishes scratch up much more easily.

Sorry, I only have a phone camera for taking pics. :( Anyway, hope you guys like it! :)

VF-1J%20001_zpsdegvzwm7.jpg

VF-1J%20002_zps2sydupk2.jpg

VF-1J%20003_zpsrttths4s.jpg

VF-1J%20004_zpshov0vgq9.jpg

VF-1J%20005_zpszfbqljc0.jpg

VF-1J%20006_zpsvmwk6bei.jpg

VF-1J%20007_zpsatkbts6t.jpg

VF-1J%20008_zpsdbdpavt5.jpg

VF-1J%20009_zpseonqxzvg.jpg

VF-1J%20010_zpsudgh32rh.jpg

VF-1J%20011_zps45m0xu0g.jpg

VF-1J%20012_zpsc4bkfvk8.jpg

VF-1J%20013_zpsi0m9npeq.jpg

VF-1J%20014_zpsgsm9iz8i.jpg

VF-1J%20015_zps48mg9nu7.jpg

Just kidding of course. Finally got around to detailing my Hikaru 1J , which I've had since 2008. After sitting on my workbench in pieces for the last few months, I finally pushed myself to finish it and make room for this month's VF-31 kit.

It's more or less the same kind of detailing I did on my Roy 1S, but I wanted a cleaner look for Hikaru, so I used a lighter touch on the shading. Hikaru's valkyrie wouldn't have seen as much action as Roy's, and he goes through several of them anyway. :rolleyes:

Used a semi-gloss finish for Hikaru instead of the flat finish I used on Roy. Flat looks more "realistic" but I prefer a slightly glossier look for anime mecha. Also, flat finishes scratch up much more easily.

Sorry, I only have a phone camera for taking pics. :( Anyway, hope you guys like it! :)

VF-1J%20007_zpsatkbts6t.jpg

VF-1J%20015_zps48mg9nu7.jpg

impressive work! B)) seeing this is my all time favorite Valkyrie I would love to have one of mine done the very same way! ^_^

VF-1J%20vs%20Glaug_zpssanles7l.jpg

Approve! ;)

Dat looks awesome! Great work. Is it just me or there's amber hue on the cockpit? Or was is just the raibow layer effects from the angle the photos were taken..?

It's just the way the light is reflecting off the rainbow tint. Though now that I look at it side by side next to Roy's 1S, it does seem like the tinting is denser on this one. :huh:

It's just the way the light is reflecting off the rainbow tint. Though now that I look at it side by side next to Roy's 1S, it does seem like the tinting is denser on this one. :huh:

It isn't just you, there is a variety of strength in the effect between my vf-1 with rainbow canopy.

• 5 weeks later...

ozma head is the best 29 head IMHO

I agree! I have been wondering what the Ozma 29 would look like with and eye patch? :o

Worth the wait, man! Gorgeous 29!

Thank you abbadon, I appreciate it. I went on vacation, after I got back to took a break from photography and things got really busy for me. It does feel good to be taking toy pics. :D I have been photographing other stuff besides toys too. hahaha

Saburo's picture is always nice to look at, I am now becoming checking his pix before buying.

He can be a product photographer already... in fact better photog imo.

Thank you erizai! Glad you like the photos.

I believe most of the members here uses his photo for wallpaper. I saved his recent reshoot of Armored VF-25s since I have those.

Thank you for the support chyll2, I really appreciate it.

Very impressive photography Saburo

Very impressive photography Saburo

Thank you. :)

Simply beautiful shots Saburo! Thanks for sharing! And i have to agree with barurutor that Ozma's 29 has the best head unit design! Even Ozma's 25 has the best unit too!

Thank you spanner. :)

Standard operating procedure of this thread.

Admire saburo's hot photos and put as wallpaper, have argument with wallet and then check mandarake/jungle etc :lol:

Past that point its not standard anymore :p

:lol:

The Superdimensional Enabler... infecting everyone with buy-syndrome. :lol:

Saburo always has the best pics.

There sure is a lot of admiration for Ozma's large and impressive head unit. :)

Thank you Lolicon.

• 2 weeks later...