Home made decals

talon1138

There are other decal sheets that are much better. Can't remember where I got mine from, but the ones I ordered are very sturdy, and very high quality. I would advise to look online for other manufacturers. Testors is OK, but if you want better quality, it's out there.

Thanks Jason.

No problem, I should've mentioned that I've tried the Testors sheets, and they don't work that well. They leave a silvering effect that makes them look like decals, and not like painted symbols.

If you ever want to make some almost original toy looking decals, I've used Avery 3276 clear inkjet Window decals with good results as they have about the same thickness as the originals. Make sure to let them dry before you handle them after printing.

Check out Micro Mark (link in my signature block). Their papers are great and I've used them for years. Then Micro Sol's stuff is great too! All of their line to include cement. - MT

Edited by MechTech

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful using inkjets. The ink fades with exposure to light and you will wind up with a dull or nonexistent decal.

I try to use laser printers when I can. I don't have the fancy machine like Devin had so it is the next best thing. I've been told the decal paper can damage the printer but haven't seen that yet...