HG and Robotech Debates, ep. 8

azrael

Ha! Policing the Internet...

I would think sites like youtube would have a bigger priority, especially with the A&E sets out. All the animation they legally own have been posted freely by individuals, yet the only things they go after these days is Robotech Love Live Alive convention footage.

So stuff like The Sentinels, Shadow Chronicles, and Untold Story posted by people not Manga Entertainment in its entirety and not mirrored = don't care

Test footage from a phone camera about a future production 30 seconds long = Hammertime

Edit: Shadow Chronicles was taken out recently.

Wow, I'm surprised. What took them so long to get YouTube to delete Shadow Chronicles? Maybe they actually read my comment on one of them saying it's great to watch it for free instead of forking over our cash to those cocksuckers at HG.

I just read on there that Harmony Gold actually had the gall to try to trademark Macross in Japan, I mean really? Who at HG actually thought it would be a good idea, and that it would actually happen?

Yeah, if people would read the 1st post of this thread, you would have seen it. In fact, it was posted back in April of this year: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33067&view=findpost&p=906104

It's a standard procedure and I explained it here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33067&view=findpost&p=906135

But you know...people don't read the 1st post of this thread (Heck, I posted the list RT stuff of what WB licensed from HG).

Wow, I'm surprised. What took them so long to get YouTube to delete Shadow Chronicles? Maybe they actually read my comment on one of them saying it's great to watch it for free instead of forking over our cash to those cocksuckers at HG.

You know, the HG crew and lunatic fringe come here just to read this thread. They probably saw our comments and called up the lawyers' office.

Good. i'm still on the official position that they can go &^%* themselves. AS soon as they loose the rights to Macross (and who ever scoops the rights up AND sucks up seriously to the Japanesse) we might still be able to see Macross in some form back in the states. It's like the only way this drought of VF's will end for us in the states... or at least in Cleveland.... [link Failed Derp]. well it was supposed to wrok

Edited by pensives_wetness

Good. i'm still on the official position that they can go &^%* themselves. AS soon as they loose the rights to Macross (and who ever scoops the rights up AND sucks up seriously to the Japanesse) we might still be able to see Macross in some form back in the states.

As I said here: http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=907504

Don't hold your breath...

That's pretty lame, especially since I posted those YouTube links directly on RT.com, yet no one responded to them.

Heck, that's why a majority of (strange) people coming from RT.com or whatever RT fansite seem to come to this thread 1st as opposed to posting somewhere else in the forum.

Since Harmony Gold is poor, yeah, the Haydonites are watching.

By the way, hi Tommy Yune.

Hi Kevin Mckeever.

Hi That Other Yune guy, I don't know what you do, but you're probably important.

Hi talkshoe podcast tools, make an episode about this!

Since Harmony Gold is poor, yeah, the Haydonites are watching.

By the way, hi Tommy Yune.

Hi Kevin Mckeever.

Hi That Other Yune guy, I don't know what you do, but you're probably important.

Hi talkshoe podcast tools, make an episode about this!

What he said, and you guys all suck.

Anyways. Does anyone know, if and when, and how JR manga (is that what it's called?) is going to bring over those two MF mangas to the US for digital distribution, without HG releasing the hounds? I wonder if it's going to turn into another M7 trash debacle.

Damn, I'm gone for 4 days, I come back, and we get a new incarnation of the thread, and a lot of different topics. I heard that on the new DVD documentary, there are some things that Tommy asked for, that really made it kinda a joke. I also heard that Richard Epar, who voices , Ben/Kakizaki and Lunk/Jim Austin, was titled as being the voice of General Reinhardt, who was actually voiced by Dan Worren. Don't remember where I heard this, but apparently this wrong information was supplied by Tommy, and they never changed it. Being that the documentary was done for awhile before the DVDs came out (in well enough time to edit it), what, or whom do you think Tommy will blame (aside from the fact that it's his fault)?

There also seems to be a lot of news in the local RT podcasts about HG and Michael Bradley, well, not news, but misinformation. Interesting hearing Tommy lie, and the host manipulate things that people said. It must be so much of a chore to have to be such a whiny, manipulative suck-up, just to feel like you have a life because HG likes you. Good stuff, and I'm sure the RT staff at HG are thinking, "What or how much of our B.S. does he know?" Answer... enough, suckas!!!

Edited by Jasonc

Dear Tommy Yune,

Hey, I heard somewhere that you can draw comics. Why don't you put that together with your love for powerpont presentations & make the Robotech fanbase some new material.

Sincerely, Keith

P.S. re-using LLA? That was a bitch move.

Edited by Keith

Yo, Tommy!

Don't let these haters get you down, you keep rockin' those cartoons. You're the best there is at what you do, and all those guys up above this post are just jealous. Shadow Chronicles 2. We want it, we need it, and we want YOUR NAME on the front of the box!

Yo, Tommy!

Don't let these haters get you down, you keep rockin' those cartoons. You're the best there is at what you do, and all those guys up above this post are just jealous. Shadow Chronicles 2. We want it, we need it, and we want YOUR NAME on the front of the box!

And take your time, 2025-ish is good for me.

Anyways. Does anyone know, if and when, and how JR manga (is that what it's called?) is going to bring over those two MF mangas to the US for digital distribution, without HG releasing the hounds? I wonder if it's going to turn into another M7 trash debacle.

Last I checked, it looked like JManga was just fancy website for piracy. That, or their legal counsel had no f'ing clue how US copyright law is supposed to work. Either way, don't expect much from them.

Anyway, the changes are boring, such as Minmei singing (a different song?) at Max and Miriya's wedding.

Well, singing stage fright on every occassion doesn't seem to be appropriate... I think she also sang that after macross was sent back into space after the ontario incident... as opposed to My Beautful place :)

Yeah, if people would read the 1st post of this thread, you would have seen it. In fact, it was posted back in April of this year: http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=906104

It's a standard procedure and I explained it here: http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=906135

But you know...people don't read the 1st post of this thread (Heck, I posted the list RT stuff of what WB licensed from HG).

You know, the HG crew and lunatic fringe come here just to read this thread. They probably saw our comments and called up the lawyers' office.

Oh, ok- I should have clicked on the link.

Also, to Tommy Yune, Kevin McKeever, Memo, and other mega superfans of Robotech that come here to see what us "Lying Macross Puristsâ„¢" are talking about- Thanks for giving us laughs over the years :) .

Edited by mrhillz

A reboot with brand new footage would be much easier to get on TV or sell for alternate distribution than an anime from the 80's. Theres a lot of anime kids nowadays that would never watch a show from the 80's and only watch new stuff. But, do such would require Tommy to do some work. Making new designs for everything to get away from Macross seems to be way out of Tommy abilities as well as being in control over a production (blaming the boobs in RTSC on the Korean animators just makes it seem like he didn't know what they were doing)

HG may not be able (or willing) to do a reboot, but is it possible that some competant company may be able to purchase the trademarks to Macross, Robotch and the merchandising and distribution rights to Macross?

That's pretty much my best hope for a proper relationship between RT America and Macross Japan.

A reboot with brand new footage would be much easier to get on TV or sell for alternate distribution than an anime from the 80's. Theres a lot of anime kids nowadays that would never watch a show from the 80's and only watch new stuff. But, do such would require Tommy to do some work. Making new designs for everything to get away from Macross seems to be way out of Tommy abilities as well as being in control over a production (blaming the boobs in RTSC on the Korean animators just makes it seem like he didn't know what they were doing)

HG may not be able (or willing) to do a reboot, but is it possible that some competant company may be able to purchase the trademarks to Macross, Robotch and the merchandising and distribution rights to Macross?

That's pretty much my best hope for a proper relationship between RT America and Macross Japan.

You mean actual work? Then when are they gonna get to go to conventions and write on blogs? I don't think you fully understand the idea of fanfics.

You mean actual work? Then when are they gonna get to go to conventions and write on blogs? I don't think you fully understand the idea of fanfics.

I'd bet there are fanfics that are much better written than RTSC.

For the life of me I can't fathom why Yune and co can't simply co-opt Astroplan 9 as the basis of a Robotech reboot. It's a wonder that the Chinese wre able to create a relatively more successful ripoff of the Macross brand than the ones who actually hold the international trademark (barring Japan). With the influx of reboots of old 80s cartoons, namely Thundercats, Voltron, Transformers etc. this would have been a perfect time to revitalize the franchise.

New thought. I think it'd be hilarious if someone with too much money infiltrated HG's building in the middle of the night, and hid speakers in every nook and cranny, then set it to blast stagefright through the whole building the next day....

New thought. I think it'd be hilarious if someone with too much money infiltrated HG's building in the middle of the night, and hid speakers in every nook and cranny, then set it to blast stagefright through the whole building the next day....

That sounds like something that Clarkson and May would do to Hammond!

That sounds like something that Clarkson and May would do to Hammond!

You know, if they did it while drving that huge invinceble SUV from Africa into HG's offices, that'd be even more hilarious :)

Wait... Yui is Japanese? AND She likes Robotech?! How did that happen? :wacko:

I don't think anyone really understands her intentions. I know I don't. Is it to bring over crap into Japan, and replace the good of the original series, or is it to simply attempt to inform us? Unfortunately, I just don't know. If it's to bring Robotech to Japan, I'm glad that's never going to happen. It's just become an abomination (yes, I said has become, as back in it's first airing, it was a reasonable way to get it over here). It makes you wonder how that could possibly happen. Did she fall in love with a U.S. soldier who liked Robotech, and that's how it happened? Maybe some America left copies of it in Japan, and it was like finding some abstract, rare thing, thus making it special? Who knows, and for that matter, does it really matter?

Could someone translate? Babelfish gave a weird translation.

It's a Japanese user-generated quiz site. Someone (apparently an online-buddy of her's) made this quiz asking Japanese users on how much they know about RT and HG. Why? I don't know, nor care.