Macross Triangle Frontier

azrael

Never mind found it.

Here's the link to the page, with lots of new pics.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2010/12/09/macross_triangle_frontier_screens/

Just a note, if anybody finds new pics, please post the link to the page, not only just teasing us with 1 pic!

I'm loving the look of the cannon-fodder VF-25A with Tornado Pack. And is that Klan's VF-25S I see there?

Graham

Sorry about that, I'll post more next time and not just one.

The official site now has the 'Movie' tab open and there is a commercial for the game up.

For the campaign mode, gameplay, graphics and screen layout look identical to MUF. So apart from a few new stages and new mecha, I'm guessing not much has changed.

For the Mihoshi Acedemay part, I'm guessing a lot of this may be unplayable, unless you can read Japanese.

Graham

The official site now has the 'Movie' tab open and there is a commercial for the game up.

For the campaign mode, gameplay, graphics and screen layout look identical to MUF. So apart from a few new stages and new mecha, I'm guessing not much has changed.

For the Mihoshi Acedemay part, I'm guessing a lot of this may be unplayable, unless you can read Japanese.

Graham

I have high hopes the Mihoshi Academy part won't be much more complex than the intermission scenes in the SRW gaems, but we'll see. Nothing a good ole faq won't fix. There are also some new gameplay pic's up under the system tab. Most of them are the one's already published. Love the new song to (Get It On), hopefully it'll be on the next movie album. We should expect updates every friday-ish if past games are any indication.

Ex-GEAR sounds like a nice way of doing the basic handling tutorial levels (which also happens to be their in-universe purpose), but I don't see how it can fit into campaign mode combat level play without quickly becoming hamburger like Gilliam.

Hamburger with extra ketchup!

Graham

You could play as Klan in the last game (MUF) as well, either as a pilot, or as a playable mecha (Fast Pack Klan).

Graham

really?? I knew about the fastpack klan but I didnt know you could be her just as pilot..i must have missed that somewhere..Im gonna fire it up now and check it out lol

I think we're getting a couple of things mixed up here. The new trailer show's a full Meltrandi Klan Klan without fast pack's melee-ing a Q-Rea. Ultimate Frontier had FP Klan Klan, and mecha pilot Chibi-Klan, but no giant Klan without fast pack. It should also be noted that the new Klan Klan & Ex-Gear pilots seem to have much smoother animated movements than the mecha do. The only question is whether or not the Klan Klan shown can be equipped with & shed her Fast Pack.

Also, I can't wait to see FP Klan Klan in the PS3 game, that will infinately rock!

Edited by Keith

I think we're getting a couple of things mixed up here. The new trailer show's a full Meltradni Klan Klan without fast pack's melee-ing a Q-Rea. Ultimate Frontier had FP Klan Klan, and mecha pilot Chibi-Klan, but no giant Klan without fast pack. It should also be noted that the new Klan Klan & Ex-Gear pilots seem to have much smoother animated movements than the mecha do. The only question is whether or not the Klan Klan shown can be equipped with & shed her Fast Pack.

Also, I can't wait to see FP Klan Klan in the PS3 game, that will infinately rock!

As long as Full Meltradi Klan Klan is in, am good.

I have high hopes the Mihoshi Academy part won't be much more complex than the intermission scenes in the SRW gaems, but we'll see. Nothing a good ole faq won't fix. There are also some new gameplay pic's up under the system tab. Most of them are the one's already published. Love the new song to (Get It On), hopefully it'll be on the next movie album. We should expect updates every friday-ish if past games are any indication.

Well, the trailer only goes so far as saying that the relationships/actions you take in the Academy Mode will influence your wingmen/partner pilots in Battle Mode and vice versa. Having said that, I actually hope the Academy Mode IS complex because it looks like a heck of a lot of fun. Having said that, knowing what anime games tend to be like, the Academy Mode will probably just be a shallow dating sim. Still, since a lot of the Battle Mode is rehashed stuff from the previous games, most of my hopes are on the Academy Mode for this one.

I'll second what a lot of others on this thread have been saying - that I REALLY wanted a PS3 iteration. I also DO think it will happen, but it will take time. The gametypes and timing of Triangle Frontier make it obvious that the game is basically a marketing ploy to build up hype in the leadup to the 2nd movie. I mean, think about it, most of the action elements are reusing asset wholesale from the previous games while the Academy Mode is based on a dating sim - one of the cheapest game types to make since it just involves lots of static 2D art and fancy menus (and voice where budget allows - Im under no illusion that the game will be fully voiced or anything like that). Add to that the fact that it comes out within a few weeks of the movie and Triangle Frontiers status as a placeholder game is in no doubt imo. The full HD iteration needs time to make (despite what others have noted about the valkyrie modelling, a LOT of assets in Trial Frontier were really obviously early in development. I'd barely even say that the game was midway out of Alpha state yet) and can be timed and hyped to keep Frontier's popularity going as long as possible after the 2nd movie, which makes sense.

And personally Id prefer that enough time was spent polishing the game so that we dont get another A.C.E R - a game that had some solid building blocks but that ended up being ported down to the PSP. Where it will no doubt sell better by the way. Which brings me to the real issue which is that, no matter how good Trial Frontier ends up being whenever it eventually gets released, these games will always sell better on the PSP. This is a shame, but is the reality of the Japanese gaming market. Your average gamer/Macross fan is more likely to have a PSP than a PS3. I think that the only reason we WILL get a PS3 game is that, since Frontier was a pioneer title for early bluray adopters, Bandai figures that Macross fans are more likely to be PS3 owners than fans of other anime series.

Actually, the game was more likely delayed to meet up with the movie, not rushed. You have to understand, this yearly formula update with a fleshed out campaign from last years extra missions + new extra missions that tease of next years campaign has been going on for years.

-Gundam Battle Tactics

-Gundam Battle Royale

-Gundam Battle Chronicle

-Gundam Battle Universe

-Macross Ace Frontier

-Macross Ultimate Frontier / Gundam Assault Survive

and now

-Macross Triangle Frontier.

Actually, the game was more likely delayed to meet up with the movie, not rushed. You have to understand, this yearly formula update with a fleshed out campaign from last years extra missions + new extra missions that tease of next years campaign has been going on for years.

-Gundam Battle Tactics

-Gundam Battle Royale

-Gundam Battle Chronicle

-Gundam Battle Universe

-Macross Ace Frontier

-Macross Ultimate Frontier / Gundam Assault Survive

and now

-Macross Triangle Frontier.

It may well have been, but whatever it takes to get more sales for Bandai. Especially after the way Gundam Assault Survive totally bombed (absolutely terrible marketing and PR).

Assautl Survive's biggest problem was a waaaaay to expensive & convoluted mecha purchase system. First jump through hoops to unlock certain mecha (including buying incredibl expensive parts), then pay an ungodly amount to purchase that unlocked mecha. If they had simply used a Nyan Nyan shop type method, it would have been much better.

The 'Mechanic' tab is now active on the official Macross Triangle Frontier site.

A limited number of mecha from each era shown so far.

Also, doesn't seem to be any changes in the models from MUF that I can notice, although some pics posted earlier on the Famitsu website did seem to show changes to the VF-19Kai fighter model.

Graham

Macross Ace has a feature on the game showing new Mikimoto illustrations of the game-only characters, apparently you can enroll them into Mihoshi Academy, although some of them seem a little old to be hanging out in school and giggling behind the bike sheds.

Also, there is apparently a new all-red VF-25S piloted by Klan? Wonder if that's from the movie.

EDIT -- I just remembered they're not including the second movie. So that red 25 is just made up for the game.

Edited by Renato

Macross Ace has a feature on the game showing new Mikimoto illustrations of the game-only characters, apparently you can enroll them into Mihoshi Academy, although some of them seem a little old to be hanging out in school and giggling behind the bike sheds.

Also, there is apparently a new all-red VF-25S piloted by Klan? Wonder if that's from the movie.

EDIT -- I just remembered they're not including the second movie. So that red 25 is just made up for the game.

Klan's red VF-25S was featured in Macross Trial Frontier for the PS3 and also released in series 4 of the Bandai 1:250 scale Macross Fighter Collection Toys.

Graham

Just because the second movie won't have a campaign, doesn't mean that there won't be any content from it. it's still unclear whether Klan's 25S is game only, or will be featured in the movie. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a YF-29 as a secret unlockable. Also, why does Michel's Ex-Gear model have tits? :)

Just because the second movie won't have a campaign, doesn't mean that there won't be any content from it. it's still unclear whether Klan's 25S is game only, or will be featured in the movie. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a YF-29 as a secret unlockable. Also, why does Michel's Ex-Gear model have tits? :)

No, I have a feeling we won't get the YF-29 in MTF. We didn't get the Tornado pack in MUFand IIRC (I may be wrong), the Tornado pack was already public knowledge when MUF was released.

Graham

No, I have a feeling we won't get the YF-29 in MTF. We didn't get the Tornado pack in MUFand IIRC (I may be wrong), the Tornado pack was already public knowledge when MUF was released.

Graham

Ah, but we didn't get the Tornado pack because the extra mission mecha was the VF-2SS. Since we have a full II campaign this time, that makes the candidate's for extra mission mecha a bit more sparse.

Considering this franchise has blown the Gundam one out of the water, I think it's safe to say it will continue Movie 2 will suffice for a full campaign, and R sh ould at least give us mecha, if not characters & levels. After that, who know's. Maybe they'll start hitting the PC engine continuity. Hell, maybe they'll hit that this time. Who here would complain about haivng grown up Komilia as a pilot.

Actually, Macross The First would make a great new campaign too.

Edited by Keith

Considering this franchise has blown the Gundam one out of the water, I think it's safe to say it will continue Movie 2 will suffice for a full campaign, and R sh ould at least give us mecha, if not characters & levels. After that, who know's. Maybe they'll start hitting the PC engine continuity. Hell, maybe they'll hit that this time. Who here would complain about haivng grown up Komilia as a pilot.

Actually, Macross The First would make a great new campaign too.

Whoa there. Blown the Gundam games out of the water? Afraid not, over time the Gundam ones always outsell the Macross ones. The fanbase sizes are just too different. The Macross games do well, sure, but I can count the number of times I see the Macross games being played in public on one hand whereas I can still get on a train today and Gundam vs Gundam is, after MHP3, still THE game that people play.