Macross Ace Frontier (PSP)

Renato

Old thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26540

I'm not sure if there is any real need to have a part 2 of this thread, since everyone by now seems to have gotten bored of the game. Well, I'm still not, and I'm slowly but surely working my way through the EX missions whenever I have free time.

This game is fantastic because you can pick it up, play for five minutes and then get back to your real life, or you can go on for hours on end.

Anyway, a few months back I was also thinking of starting a "strike a pose" kind of thread here where people could upload their most dynamic and/or cool screenshots or replays that they would like to share.

Lastly, how the hell do you do the Miss Macross EX mission in Macross Frontier?? I swear, that Queadluun Rea is useless. The beam weapons are crap because Michael and gang prance about so quickly that you will always miss. Only the missiles are any good. What I found odd was the first couple of tries I could beat the Skull team with no problem, but the Vajras always killed me. Now I'm lucky if I can even get past Michael and Alto. Even Luca is a bit of a challenge!

Next time I have a chance to play I'm gonna see if I can score some tune points on the Yack Deculture mission (the one with millions of enemies) to power up the Q-Rea because it's gonna take forever otherwise.

Here are some pics to spice things up:

"Mr Anderson! MISTER Anderson....! Mr Anderson!... Mister..."

post-1318-1236313549_thumb.jpeg

post-1318-1236313564_thumb.jpeg

post-1318-1236313610_thumb.jpeg

I thin Sad Sniper EX mission is the hardest thing ever. I don't know what it is but not matter what i do in how i improve Michel's valk he seems to take damage like nobody's business. Like the smallest missile always seem to take off ridiculous amounts.

I thin Sad Sniper EX mission is the hardest thing ever. I don't know what it is but not matter what i do in how i improve Michel's valk he seems to take damage like nobody's business. Like the smallest missile always seem to take off ridiculous amounts.

Can't remember how I beat that one, but I did it in just a couple of goes, I guess I was lucky or something. I cannot get past Miss Macross EX, though.

Can't remember how I beat that one, but I did it in just a couple of goes, I guess I was lucky or something. I cannot get past Miss Macross EX, though.

where can i buy the game that doesnt cost me an arm and a leg and is it hard to understand cuz iduno japanese

where can i buy the game that doesnt cost me an arm and a leg and is it hard to understand cuz iduno japanese

Yesasia is a good place. I got mine on ebay. You can buy it anywhere for about 40 bucks. It isn't expensive at all. It is also easy to figure out. I don't know or read any japanese and I figured out the game to the point that I have an overall A on the game right now and working of getting S or SS on everything. Too Bad I can't beat Sad Sniper EX. Michels valk just sucks to bad imho.

Upgrades don't count for EX missions; the pilot only has access to his original stats and skill sets. The only thing that'll get you through the Friendly Fire mission is either skill or luck (or both).

It's the one thing I haven't beaten yet (I got close once but that b@st@rd Brera got away). I only need to beat this to unlock Brera as a pilot. I'm sure I'll accomplish it one day...

Yesasia is a good place. I got mine on ebay. You can buy it anywhere for about 40 bucks. It isn't expensive at all. It is also easy to figure out. I don't know or read any japanese and I figured out the game to the point that I have an overall A on the game right now and working of getting S or SS on everything. Too Bad I can't beat Sad Sniper EX. Michels valk just sucks to bad imho.

Thanks Bud

I finally FINALLY beat Sad Sniper on EX. Now i am trying to improve my overall score but all the levels that have containers I never get higher than a B. Am I missing something??? Also I can't seem to get passed a B on Macross + Era where you fight in space then Isamu and Guld. I want to get my S ranking so I can get my EX mission but feel i am missing something there too

Congrats! I finally FINALLY beat Miss Macross EX too! Snapped up the VF-27. Man, that's some crazy stuff it pulls when you go into overdrive. You tend to overtake any ship you're trying to catch up to, even the Ghost X9!

I didn't get Brera, though. Dunno what you have to do to get him. Also, I guess you have to ace all of the Frontier missions with S or above to get the VF-171XE? Well... that's gonna take a while.

I actually think Sad Sniper EX isn't that hard... I just need patience, be in gerwalk, and have them come straight at me or at least get close to me. I just hate those ubered Vajras where they take can take more than 3 hits of my sniper rifle... and also the fact that Alto can target you and vice versa.

I don't even know what I'm doing wrong with the container mission and Isamu vs Guld mission.

[edit]At least I beat Sad Sniper EX... with a C =\

Well, I got a Battle Frontier and the VF-27... so all's well.

Edited by shiroikaze

I got a B on it. What I'm surprised at it that after hundreds of instant deaths because of Mikhael's one-shot wonder, what I finally managed to pass Miss Macross EX with... was an SS!! Seriously, I have no idea what happened. The SMS guys must've been asleep that time.

What I still don't get is how do you manage to switch operators? People keep talking about maximising hearts and so on, but I have no idea what you actually have to do in the game to increase "trust" between your operator, your partner and yourself...

Edited by Renato

What I still don't get is how do you manage to switch operators? People keep talking about maximising hearts and so on, but I have no idea what you actually have to do in the game to increase "trust" between your operator, your partner and yourself...

I think you just gotta keep doing missions with each of the operators selected.

I actually think Sad Sniper EX isn't that hard... I just need patience, be in gerwalk, and have them come straight at me or at least get close to me. I just hate those ubered Vajras where they take can take more than 3 hits of my sniper rifle... and also the fact that Alto can target you and vice versa.

I don't even know what I'm doing wrong with the container mission and Isamu vs Guld mission.

[edit]At least I beat Sad Sniper EX... with a C =\

Well, I got a Battle Frontier and the VF-27... so all's well.

For Isamu vs Guld you have to take the two of them out immediately. I found a video online where someone used Michel's valk and just did the special and blasted both of them at the very beginning of the second half. Instant S status. That's what I did too. I would still like some assistance on how to get better scores on the containers and how to get Gelpinich in Mac 7. That's the only character/valk/mech that I haven't unlocked yet.

For Isamu vs Guld you have to take the two of them out immediately. I found a video online where someone used Michel's valk and just did the special and blasted both of them at the very beginning of the second half. Instant S status. That's what I did too. I would still like some assistance on how to get better scores on the containers and how to get Gelpinich in Mac 7. That's the only character/valk/mech that I haven't unlocked yet.

I'll try that, thanks!

I also got one of Valk009's but I have yet to really build it cause I don't have the proper materials, just sand and primed.

I'd like to see this :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I took more screenshots of my action packed adventures of awesomeness.

So there's some shots of me kickin Badolza's ass...another one tellin a Destroid where his place is.....kickin Hikaru's ass.....and me piloting my YF-19.

post-600-1240369602_thumb.jpeg

post-600-1240369646_thumb.jpeg

post-600-1240369685_thumb.jpeg

post-600-1240369727_thumb.jpeg

Don't know of any sorry...perfer to buy my Macross goods then hack it :p

Either case I played a lil tonight...and thought "Heh, I got an A on the Hikaru battle....lets see if I can improve that" and sure enough, I fried his ass in 4 seconds. When he popped out, I gave him a quick bitch slapped then used the super combo stuff and he was down. Used what was left of my combo special and knocked out the CF and it was over.

Got an SS for it too. I thought I'd get an S but not an SS.

• 2 weeks later...