Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

I'm excited for the new series! I really like some of the ideas being thrown out there! I wonder if we'll see the same galactic map we saw in MF but perhaps following a different Colony Ship.

Maybe we'll get some new recipe's for the Decultcha Cook book lol!

AFAIK, Frontier was the most successful of the Macross series, so money means stay close to the magic ingredients.

SDFM is the most successful series. They are STILL making VF-1's and Minmay figures!

At the time M7 was a very successful series too for its day. Each generation has their moment in the sun it seems... ;)

Edited by Zinjo

The question of the day will is, "what" will the new CF fighter be? Will it remain the VF-171 or will it become the VF-25? The VF-171 is relatively early in its service life, so one has to wonder. I guess it will depend on the story. If Federal forces are involved and the NUN Federal Government has adopted a VF-24 as their next gen fighter, that could be the new CF. We'll have to wait and see.

CF VF-191's. :D

I'm not holding out much hope for Macross Delta. I've just finished Gundam Unicorn in all of it's old school anime goodness, and now I'm depressed! :( We're NEVER GOING TO GET A MACROSS LIKE THAT EVER!!!! :angry:

We did get one like that. It was called "Macross Zero." It wasn't very popular.

It's exciting to imagine what Kawamori might have in store for us this time. Who would have thought that after the zaniness of Macross 7 he would have followed up with Zero's old school dogfighting? And Frontier after that? I say let's prepare to be surprised.

Having said that, looking at BD sales (and god knows Satelight needs a big hit) and the news that they were casting for singers, I'm pretty confident that there will be a lot of emphasis on the idol/singing side of the Macross triangle. That's what sells and draws the most in Japan.

I've got it! The Delta symbolizes THREE hero valks, that combine into a larger robot. And they have three different combinations.

Wait, no, that was Aquarion. Never mind.

Or possibly Getter Robo.

Macross Aquarion Delta Robo?

LOL, could be... :blink:

Interesting idea, just poorly executed.

Macross Zero was fine, but people were confused too much by the Birdman, and not realizing it was just Protoculture based technology.

It was perfectly fine for an OVA, it have a first glimpse at the pre Macross wat fights, and more background for Frontier to make more sense. I think it was received as well because it had the least amount of Idol in it.

Less idol was a big score for me, but I do understand as well that the idol is just part of Macross culture. I liked Zero, I hope we see more of that style in due time. If delta ends up being just like the worst of the series, I will still be happy we are getting something new to carry on the legacy. I just can't say no to the idea of VF-191's. That just blows my mind.

VF-19EFs would make more sense wouldn't they?

Than a hypothetical Valkyrie? I don't know. I just went into full-imagination mode picturing (in my head of course) a VF-19 all 'suped up with new angles and fast packs. You know, like the VF-17 got turned into the VF-171. Longer nose, 101% cooler. :)

Maybe a VF-19EF would be what I am describing. I don't know anything about that model.

um, lots of pantsu shots?

Let them all eat durian, durian cake, durian candy, durian gelato, durian rice pudding, durian shakes, and some more durian for good measure! XD

It's exciting to imagine what Kawamori might have in store for us this time. Who would have thought that after the zaniness of Macross 7 he would have followed up with Zero's old school dogfighting? And Frontier after that? I say let's prepare to be surprised.

Having said that, looking at BD sales (and god knows Satelight needs a big hit) and the news that they were casting for singers, I'm pretty confident that there will be a lot of emphasis on the idol/singing side of the Macross triangle. That's what sells and draws the most in Japan.

I'd put up with all the singing if they'd include as much as or more dogfights than M0! Especially if the enemy valk's anywhere near as evil looking as the Ivanov sv-51! Imagine if they used the technical angle applied in the initial D series to dogfights... Drool

Hahaha! True! They could learn a thing or two from the ace combat games, maudlin as they may be

I'll take hours of moe idols singing j-pop over fifteen minutes of boring, emotionless Sara singing French opera.

This x 1000

I wonder if Birler will play a part of Delta, I mean Frontier's entier underlying plot, was his attempt to use Vajra / Galaxy's network to find Minmay.

It would seem only plausible that, as we dig further into the power of the Vajra's ability to go around fold faults, that we may end up reaching a conclusion on where the megaroad went. It's safe to say that LAI learned a lot about getting around fold faults, and well, we know that Vajra are able to leave the galaxy, where as Macross only exists in our own Galaxy.

And that leads to where does Macross 30 play into how the new show will look?

Macross Zero was fine, but people were confused too much by the Birdman, and not realizing it was just Protoculture based technology.

It was perfectly fine for an OVA, it have a first glimpse at the pre Macross wat fights, and more background for Frontier to make more sense. I think it was received as well because it had the least amount of Idol in it.

I would agree to disagree. If the OVA was fine, I suspect it would have done better than it ultimately did. Visually it was stunning, but story wise it was weak, despite the compelling premise.

Now that time displacement is part of the Macross canon....wonder if it will play any part in this new series?.....perhaps "Delta" is the name of some new "time/space/fold" technology or coordinate in space that allows for ease of travelling through time....a convergence point like a river "delta"....

Could the events in Macross30 have cause any detrimental timeline distortions?

Don't have time to read all the pages of responses to this thread yet, but I always think of the chuck norris movies "Delta Force"

lol

220px-Delta_force_poster.jpg

Having a Macross cold war would be cool! The UN Federation vs a block of colony worlds and fleets. That would make for some interesting drama. Just no black and white villans please, shades of grey to create controversy ala original MS Gundam style.

I'd love to see that. But make the anti UN the third side. They waited for ages to get both sides to kill each other off and used brainwashed kids to form dictatorship after the two were worn out and resources were depleted forcing them to give up fighting and accept being in control from Anti UN forces mixed with Kamjin style zentradi clones who want perpetual warring in keeping with the old ways of the zentradi. Of course both sides would kill each other off and we can reboot the franchise wit a new calendar when protodevlin portals open up and punish the humans and the universe's civilisation disappears like the protoculture which we never get to actually see. (much like legend of atlantis - an advanced ancient civilisation punished by the god or their own immorality and high technology that it led to their deaths.) Future generations would escape the wars and put themselves into sleep (futuristic coffin) like the mummies and through genetic engineering clones of those people would carrying on in future ages to start again. There would be no memory or history of past ages so valks would need to be remade. (VF-1 rebooted to look more modern in future tv series)

In the halo games you had the three warring sides which made it an epic space war involving many cultures all trying to become the dominant species which I think something similar would be interesting to see in a macross show:

1. zombie like aliens called the flood who represent the inevitability of death and a form of ancient biological weapon that can change into the shapes of whatever it encounters (rip off of John Carpenter "the Thing")

2.Religious aliens who created a cult to control everyone underneath the priest class. (kinda high tech like those aliens in the Predator movies with some form of code of honor in how they fight)

3. And robotic "mad scientist" elite types into eugenics who believe kiling living things solves the problem of wars and destruction. The closest thing would be the Dwarf races in fantasy novels where reason and logic are more important than anything so they are materialistic instead of spiritual like the religious aliens who are superstitious. They can crunch numbers and manufacture things fastest but totally blind to the arts and have no real creativity or original thoughts of their own as they just copy stuff they see.

....And the humans are caught in between. We are like the hobbits in Lord of the Rings trying to run from the wars but have to take part in it reluctantly to survive and defend the homeworld from the militant extremists with ambitious vision of how the future should be shaped.

I think a multi tv series series would be good. The war doesn't end at the end of the tv series but continues on through later shows. (no need to set everything so far into the future this way and you can see mixture of technology based on the wealth of each nation) There would be fights for resources that are needed to continue the war, and loads of deaths of major characters who can't be classed as right or wrong. It's more a matter of who is less wrong than who is right. That's what I like about Gundam.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker