The trailer looks great, but so did the trailer for episode 7, and the movie turned out to be complete crap. I'm going to have to wait a few weeks after release to see what the general consensus is before I decide to see this or not.

I'm not going to lie though, I REALLY want to see those AT-AT's on the big screen... :D

I wouldn't say that SW7 was crap, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype. It was just another JJ retread, sorry I am not one of the JJ Abrams fan boys. They didn't want to take any risks or go anywhere knew, so just remade SW4. Not a horrible move, but it could have been better.

R1 on the other hand looks really good, and I have faith in Gareth Edwards, he is a talented director. Do we already know the story? Of course, but I trust the direction he will take it in. It looks interesting and should be a star WARs movie, can't wait.

I love the second trailer. It's like a deja vu moment for me. Kinda what I felt when the first time I've seen Star Wars. No expectations whatsoever. :wub:

And I really don't expect too much on this one like what I have on Episode 7 which to me is not the best SW movie. Hehehe. :lol:

The only gripe I have is that they shouldn't reveal that the father is the one who built the Death Star. They should've stopped reveal anything after the Admiral is face to face with the dad.

Haha..yoda getting down with Dooku was cool

Also windu taking down Jango..

And NO JarJar!😜

Truth is they all fell short of episodes 4,5&6..it's a debate on which one sucked more..🤔

Ep. 1 Battle of the fates was awesome..!

Edited by Bolt

I'm really getting a sense of suspense out of the second trailer, like these characters are going to be the ones in the trenches versus the iconic heroes we saw in the main films. My initial concerns about the movie seem to have been alleviated, and I actually think this one might end up ranking near ESB in terms of how it is received by fans. The Death Star, Vader and the Imperial forces in general are looking much more menacing than ever before, something sorely lacking in the main films.

Probably old-ish news at this point, but Star Wars Explained has a pretty good analysis of the trailer. Spoiler'd for those who are trying to remain agnostic until they see it.

and he didn't do that in rebels?

I watched Rebels...only once through and he wasn't all that memorable in it. I understand it's a children's show, but I'd like to see Vader get a little more.....violent.

1330502417592041767.jpg

I should go back and watch Rebels again to get my fix until Rogue 1 comes out.

Edited by peter

Ep I has Qui-Gon and Maul. What does Ep II have that's good at all?

...the last five minutes. Seeing the Grand Army loaded on to Acclamators was cool. Having the Republic theme transition into full Imperial March? Incredible. Bail's epiphany at what he had been supporting? Fantastic.

Beyond that, yeah. Junk.

I admittedly squee'd a bit with the new Rogue One trailer. It feels like Star Wars in a way I haven't experience since ROTJ.

Edited by GreenGuy42

It cracks me up, how ridiculous Cassian looks in that Imperial uniform. It obviously doesn't fit, and his facial hair has got to be out of regulation. I wonder how far they'll get with those disguises.

Edited by Kelsain

It cracks me up, how ridiculous Cassian looks in that Imperial uniform. It obviously doesn't fit, and his facial hair has got to be out of regulation. I wonder how far they'll get with those disguises.

Dunno....remember this guy?...maybe he'll fit right in with the 70's style hairdos some of the other Imperial Officers were sporting back in those days! :rolleyes:

Star-Wars-Treidum-Featured-02222016.jpg

Agent Kallus from Star Wars Rebels has those massive mutton chops/side beard thingies too.

But yeah, pretty sure the Empire ain't too fond of its officers looking like scruffy-lookin' nerfherders.