1/100 Toynami Regult

ff95gj

BBTS just sent me my notice. I can't wait! Yay! ^_^

I'll probably get the heavy missile type, too. For the price and size, you really can't lose. It'll go nicely with my other 1/100s, and my larger Takatoku vinyl Max Valkyrie.

Those are nice shots FF95gj. Thanks!

I was expecting it to be really detailed. Even the Revoltech one-ups it there.

Can you be more specific that how much more detail were you expected?

Did you wanted more panel lines? More decal markings? More articulations?

We tried to keep it simple, and low costs to produce these items.

Any of these additional paintings, or tampo printings reflect the cost of making and eventually more cost for buyers.

We tried to keep $25 retail price for this item, and this is the best we can do.

If you were looking for super articulated ABS and die-cast toy, then it's a whole different category.

I'm definitely going to buy one of these. Looks simple and solid. On that note, I think Toynami really should have exploited their "super poseable" line more with a much better VF-1 toy (the two they offered were horrid) and all of the other mechs. A "super poseable" Beta should have been released 6 years ago...

Any of these additional paintings, or tampo printings reflect the cost of making and eventually more cost for buyers.

We tried to keep $25 retail price for this item, and this is the best we can do.

If you were looking for super articulated ABS and die-cast toy, then it's a whole different category.

honestly, dude.

The old JoyRide MadCat-II figure has got significant diecast, mini-pilot, canopy-door, and stickers. Not to mention swiveling and other articulations to make some damn nice poses.

All for $20 back in '03. Even the DIY-version of it was $20.

I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin'.

honestly, dude.

The old JoyRide MadCat-II figure has got significant diecast, mini-pilot, canopy-door, and stickers. Not to mention swiveling and other articulations to make some damn nice poses.

All for $20 back in '03. Even the DIY-version of it was $20.

I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin'.

I hear you. Seriously, we could have done with much more feature on this toy with much lower cost if we produced in 2003.

But the cost of material, production molds, and labors have gone up significantly that it is very difficult to make toys with

low price range. Plus this item is not mass produced for mass retailers therefore each unit cost is slightly high compare to

other similar types of mass production toys.

Edited by Maiden Japan

I'm happy to see a Macross toy that's NOT 1/60 scale and DOESN'T cost nearly $200. I sick of being locked out of most Macross product because it HAS to be over-engineered, overgrown and over-priced. This thing's only $25!

Treatment - you're utterly nuts comparing features and costs to a line product produced 7 years ago... 8, if you count R&D and manufactuing time, since they started promoting those things in '02. And they flopped. Honestly, dude.

Maiden Japan - you & Toynami hit a bulls-eye with this. Thank you for a nice, big toy Regult that doesn't cost a car payment for, that looks on-model, fun and colorful just like they looked on the show. Thanks for keeping the faith.

Anyone who doesn't like it... Well, I expect there are 1,999 other people who do and have $25 to spare.

It actually looks nice now that it's sitting on the shelf and I am looking from 6 feet away - and no I am not being sarcastic.

The toy looks simple, as it was in the show back in the 80s. The proportions are right and it balances well to stand (unlike Revy which needs a stand).

Still, personally I still think some extra decoration/ decal/ panel lines would enhance the look of it. It's too bland in the "face" to me.

I guess I could have been more specific, but yes, I was refering to the markings/tampo-printed stuff. It does look rather bland. Even a sticker sheet would have been nice. I don't see that adding too much more to the price. Well, I do have one on order. I see Toynami is already milking the mold with a missile pod version. I take it the next one will be the other missile pod variant? I don't mind getting each one if it means they'll eventually put out the Scout version.

Back in the 80s I built 1/100 and 1/200 scale Regult kits, and usually did them in the anime-style color set. My recollection is that they did tend to look a little bland in the face. That's part of the design. A little work on the panel lines with a gundam pen or a wash wouldn't be a difficult thing to do. That's something I'd rather do myself than have Toynami do, since that's not part of the anime-colorway this piece is styled for.

Once I have mine in hand, I'll be seriously considering adding a light to the eye. The vinyl main hull should be easy to get into, and it shouldn't be difficult to find a red lense & LED element to light the eye. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that here yet.

The proportions are right and it balances well to stand (unlike Revy which needs a stand).

Still, personally I still think some extra decoration/ decal/ panel lines would enhance the look of it. It's too bland in the "face" to me.

FF95gj, does your Revoltech have frozen joints in the upper legs? Mine isn't having any trouble standing on its own in several poses, but on leg did give me issues where a revo joint's post fitted into the upper PVC hip part, and the paint wouldn't allow it to rotate properly. The leg kept wanting to splay outward, making it difficult to get a foot flat on the ground. I had to remove the rest of the leg, take a pair of pliers with paper wrapped around the head (to not scar the Revo joint), pull it out and then re-seat it until it moved properly.

As far as additional decals are concerned - I wonder if these aftermarket guys would make a Zentraedi set in white/blue, with some white unit characters? Their traditional black/yellow Zentraedi set is only $3:

http://www.stickerfixer.com/symbols/0041.php

Reprolabels.com might also step up to the bat. They cold even rescale the set for the old Matchbox & Playmates Regults.

Just ordered 3 from BBTS. I figure with enough panel lines, weathering, and possibly some battle damage :lol: these won't look half bad on the shelf. For the $$, you can't loose. Still waiting for Yamato to do 1:60 enemies....but we all know those are gonna cost an arm and a leg if they ever do it :ph34r:

Edited by derex3592

My revys are fine... But again it might be me only... They are not very stable without a stand.

I think they are nice display pieces, but I still long for bandai or yamato to come up with a more sophisticated one. Though I understand the price would be two or threefold for the same size.

It will not be long before someone uses a dremel and some revy joints and the 1/100 will bend at the knees.

If the mold is milked for a light missile version and a scout pod.... I can see the regult increasing in popularity, especially if there is an officer pod in the future.