All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Guest davidwhangchoi

I picked up a copy of Resident Evil Revelations for 360 a few weeks back, I haven't even opened it. I really want to, I've heard good things, anyone have experience with Revelations, is it closer to the survival horror games of the series or is it more akin to RE5 and 6?

more like going back to it's roots of survival horror, i loved it. it was hard the first time around.

nothing like 6.

I picked up a copy of Resident Evil Revelations for 360 a few weeks back, I haven't even opened it. I really want to, I've heard good things, anyone have experience with Revelations, is it closer to the survival horror games of the series or is it more akin to RE5 and 6?

Its kinda between 4 and 5 story, tone and gameplay wise. It's the first RE in a while that opens up in the later stages and lets you explore. There are a few dumb action sequences but most of the time is spent in dark corridors battling freaky monsters. The online mercenaries game is fun if you don't mind grinding for levels, also I don't know if people still play. As an old time RE fan I had a good time with it, but then I remembered 6 still exists and my hope for the series died again.

Not sure if this is old news for you guys or not. I love Street Fighter (even though I wish Capcom would get out of the habit of beating old SF games to death);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EexNgtZKjzY

Might have to pull out my old copy of SF IV for practice.

-b.

Not sure if this is old news for you guys or not. I love Street Fighter (even though I wish Capcom would get out of the habit of beating old SF games to death);

Might have to pull out my old copy of SF IV for practice.

-b.

When Street Fighter IV first came out, it was like a breath of fresh air. I hadn't had that much fun with Street Fighter since SFA3.

The constant re-releases, though, fatigued me the way they did with SFII and SFIII. I'll probably pass, unless they release it on PS4. I find that the new-console factor has me buying games I wouldn't normally buy.

Yeah, certainly can't argue with being tired of all the re-releases. I think if this was a next-gen game then it'd be an automatic buy. I think at this point it depends on (1) price, (2) how bad I'm hurting for a new game to play and (3) how many of my friends buy it (we all grew up in the arcade beginning with SSF II).

-b.

Really hoping the microtransactions will be multiplayer focused so I can ignore them entirely.

The demo did look fairly promising, but the aircraft development tree looked like it would be a serious pain compared with the classic "save money and buy what you want" system.

Guest davidwhangchoi

game of thrones getting a game like the awesome walking dead games, if it's anything like the walking dead gameplay/writing, telltales games will have another award winning hit on their hands

nytimes article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/arts/video-games/a-gaming-company-devoted-to-narrative-tackles-thrones.html?referrer=&_r=0

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i saw the trailer earlier but didnt bother posting. looks like the same old game...

Kevin Spacy? still not going to do anything to change the formula

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i saw the trailer earlier but didnt bother posting. looks like the same old game...

I bring it up only because we're at this now. Only 3 months since Titanfall. So when I saw this, I just said, "Wow, how low can we go with CoD? Apparently not low enough."

Guest davidwhangchoi

I bring it up only because we're at this now. Only 3 months since Titanfall. So when I saw this, I just said, "Wow, how low can we go with CoD? Apparently not low enough."

so true. repped

i'm looking forward to hearing more about this metroid style game:

so true. repped

i'm looking forward to hearing more about this metroid style game:

True story; I was just reminiscing in my head about the original Metroid for NES and how awesome the levels and hidden levels where and how I'd PAY for the original to be available to play on a next gen system.

Loved that game as a kid.

-b.

Basically, people will be butt-hurt and whine about CoD no matter what they do with it so why should they even care what people think anymore. Also it looks less like tityfall or crysis and more like Elysium: the video game.

Kevin Spacy...... really....... is that who people want to see in video games these days? I can't wait for the hilarious promo with him talking into a camera with dots all over his face saying "We are taking videogames as a medium to the next level!"

The future setting isn't surprising considering the hype titanfall got for it, but if you are going to go with cool mecs go all the way or not at all. A walking tank is boring..... a walking tank that shoots nukes now I'm interested.

Call of Duty: Titanfall CrysisAdvanced Warfare trailer

Wait a sec, didn't Black Ops 2 already do this advanced tech crap?

All I hear is Kevin Spacey doing some meta commentary about the railroading in most of the single player campaigns Call of Duty has ever thought up and its multiplayer. And pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew*Titan*pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew.

Edited by Einherjar