VF-1 Enters GN-U Dou Line

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Not including super armor with it sucks big time. I hate the fact that you will probably have to swap out limbs with these like with the previous GN-U Valkyries. I guess they didn't want to make holes in the parts.

I'm not liking those elbow joints either. I wonder if the feet can close? I don't see that in any of the pics. Hopefully, it will come with a set of TV hands, too. I'll wait for these to go down big time before I even consider picking them up. This line would have been great for obscure mecha and character figures, but they keep putting out the same Valkyries from other lines. Lame.

Both the sculpt and possability look excellent IMO.

I'm personally not bothered by the lack of FAST packs as it's a Hikaru VF-1J and Hikaru's VF-1J never used FAST Packs in the TV series anyway.

I never display either my 1/48 or 1/60 Yamato VF-1J Hikaru with FAST Packs either.

Graham

Yeah - it looks great...

But Yamato's v.2 1/60 is just as poseable AND it is variable...so why get this?

I have the Revoltech 1J and 1S and they are cute and in scale with Revoltech Regults.

As with the other GNU Macross products - I will pass.

The only Yamato GNU that I'm interested in are the BIG ones like Groxier X, Danguard Ace and...well...yes...AND???... make more Yamato! :)

Pete

LOL, the GN-U VF-1 has side covers, but their high end variant has gaping black holes left and right.

Graham can you just ask and get a definite word from Yamato on why the 1/60s have to suffer.

The GN-Us look good and the somewhat modular inner frame thing is neat idea.

But the lack of scaling has killed any interest on these things for me.

So I find myself more interested and willing to invest in Bandai's 1/100 line.

As for articulation, well that is debatable. A fully decked out VF-1 with FP and missiles hardly leaves room for posing the arms.

just saying... the new 1/60 1J came w/ FPs right off the bat... that's what i got even if i don't display my 1J with FPs (IMO it looks better w/out). i'm pretty sure these GNU VF-1's will be sporting FPs soon enough just like the Mac+ GNUs...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Hmm whats the pricing on these? There was a discussion sometime back on whether it was worth it to get GNU-DOUs for about 40 dollars apiece when a 1/60 VF-1 was only slightly more than twice the price but had 3 different modes, more accessories, and was larger.

The YF-19 and YF-21 GNUs were $30 (not including shipping).

The GNUs are absolutely worth it when you consider the following -

1. they look better than the Revoltechs

2. are more posable than the 1/60s

3. considerably cheaper than the 1/60s

4. stress-free to play with - aka. no worries about breaking a expensive 3 figure toy esp. knowing that a shoulder breakage is still possible with the 1/60.

5. stress-free to mod - I'd rather mod a $30 toy than a $100+ toy

That VF-1J is really sweet looking.

Edited by Vifam7

Because 1/60 2.0 in Battroid sucks mightly :)?

Jokes, aside, this toy looks absolutely gorgeous. My other GNUs, despite my first impression, are the most "on-display/on play" valks I've probably ever owned, along with revoltechs.

GNu is getting a big thumbs down for me. Yamato's re-release of the Mac+ with super parts OR you can spend $20 to upgrade your existing $30 just seems silly to me. They were over-priced to begin with, they're not becoming better buys by becoming more expensive and including a couple extra pieces of plastic. Not crappy toys by any means, they're decent, but they're too expensive and not very exciting.

It can be posed in more dynamic poses as well as being a fun toy to tinker with around the desk; basically taking the battroid as far as it can without having limitations/compromises in sculpt due to transformation mechanisms, et al. As much as I love the battroid sculpt of the v2 1/60, this GN-U figure has a more accurate battroid mode. Not to mention cheaper, however you get what you pay for, and in this case, it evens out. Pay more for transformation, pay less without it. It's no surprise that Yamato added the VF-1 to the line, it was inevitable.

They seriously need to mix the line-up with this line. For every two or three figures of a VF-1 or Macross Plus mecha, they should put out something different (be it another type of VF or an enemy mecha or even some character figures), not just a repaint, like what they've done with the 1/200 figures. I don't see this line lasting if they keep putting out the same mecha at those ridiculously high prices. You can already see the Macross Plus figures taking a plunge on eBay.

Edited by sidearmsalpha

I think this looks really great, almost tempted, but then there is the revoltech... and more complete. What they should have included is the gbp. What they should concentrate is things they havent made so far... -> SDF1 anyone??? Yea Yamato, you havent done anything for us here, and you gots the liscences. The destroids... now it becomes affordable to purchase it for me, maybe... Well, how about the Q-Rau, this for sur is a sell. Britai, and enemy mechas.... what are you waiting for yamato.

Again, i like this, but you are making it too obvious you want to sell us things without the fps, and then sell us the fps/armors seperately.

Exception... However, as i already have 1/48, and just cant start 1/60 (selling the 1/48 would be hard for me), i would consider the tv max vf-1a, and low vis 1 or 2, and other schemes that should have been made in 1/48 more commonly...

I would really rather Yamato gave us a 1/60 Regult with a proper poseable fighter figure.

Or...ooooooooooooooooo...here's something: how about GNU Zendradi soldiers and pilots who can then FIT into the 1/60 Regults and Glags? :)

THAT would be the greatest :)

Pete

I would really rather Yamato gave us a 1/60 Regult with a proper poseable fighter figure.

Or...ooooooooooooooooo...here's something: how about GNU Zendradi soldiers and pilots who can then FIT into the 1/60 Regults and Glags? :)

THAT would be the greatest :)

Pete

The GN-U DOU VF1 looks good, but it is non scale. I don't think I will buy it, unless it is on sale...

And I would too rather Yamato do 1/60 Regult and Zendradi soldiers/pilots!

More like 1/120. But it gets worse because the VF-1 will probably be as tall as the previous GN-U Valks and we all know that is wrong.

So even an unofficial unified scale has been tossed out of the window.

It is sort of annoying, those stupid candy toys are given a 1/200 scale but the GN-Us are not.

Yamato higher-ups really make weirs/idiotic descions sometimes... <_<