Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Hikaro Strike Help

RoadWarriorMax

Hello, long time lurker here.

Several years ago, I purchased the Yamato 1/48 VF-1S with a set of super/strike parts.

During that time I assembled everything togther and the jet booster back would not stay up in battroid mode.

Eventually I just put it back in the box and forgot about it, was somewhat dissapointed overall.

Now years later, and after reading some threads here, I was interested if anyone has any tips on getting the battroid mode to work with the jet booster packs? I've read some threads saying there were some flaws with the early 1/48 releases, or that maybe the transformation was done wrong. Also, I saw in the strike pars manual an addtional piece that could be used around the neck area, that was not in the box, but not clear what it was for (see pics).

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=gallery&album=807

Also, was the head of the 1/48 Valk supposed to be so loose?

post-30974-0-82745100-1447203614_thumb.jpg

post-30974-0-42123800-1447203617_thumb.jpg

post-30974-0-86416600-1447203619_thumb.jpg

The door behind the head should recess toward the head and there should be little pegs that hold it forward.

My Hikaru VF-1S came with the pegs as if they where shaved off (bought it new at HLJ). So I had to use the filler piece to secure the door.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...