My Macross Fanart Gallery

nel2012

Hi guys... hope I am doing ok in posting this thread. I introduced myself a couple of days ago, and now I´ll post some of my drawings . Hope you like them. I have a gallery at DeviantArt with all the works together, here are a few of them. Some of them are quite "famous" around the net ^^`

th_Alto_earring_final.jpg th_Minmay__Misa_and_Hikaru_by_Neldorwen. th_Sivil.jpg

th_Alto_kun_by_Neldorwen.jpg th_Mylene_color.jpg th_Alto_HIME.jpg

th_MacrossFrontier.jpg th_Macross_Frontier__Alto_Saotome_by_Nel th_Misa_MikimotoStylecopy.jpg

th_Sherylcopy.jpg th_sheryl_on_stage___obelisk_by_neldorwe th_Ishtar.jpg th_Sheryl_closeUp_color.jpg

Incredible work. It's great to see Macross fan art in such sharp colors and perfect contrast. Your DYRL picture and the Alto Earring are may favorites. I'm going to have to take some pointers from you about coloring and shading :)

thanks a lot for your messages and the welcome :)

@Mr March, I would love to be helpful concerning drawing and coloring techniques ^^

Here is my Macross gallery at my DA page:

http://neldorwen.deviantart.com/gallery/32121180

Will post an update when I do new fanart ...

Hey nel2012, I'd definitely be curious how you made the metallic shading on the Ex-Gear portion of the bust of Alto from your deviantart profile. It's something I'd like to see if I can attempt.

You mean this one uh?

th_AltoEx-Gear_final.jpg

I use pencil and ink first, for everyone of my drawings. Then I scan and color them in PS (or handpaint with markers).

In this case, I selected the area of the chest, and chose four different greys. I first filled the entire selected area with the lighter one, then I used a big soft brush to create the first shadow ,then the third and fourth greys to create the "deepness" . Last, one "lens flare" effect with another soft brush , to create that round light , using white color, and the same with a smaller brush to do the bright in the borders of the armour.

I have no tricks basically as you can see :p and I use official pics from the series and movies to pick and select the colors, that´s important.Hope I was helpful ^^

• 3 weeks later...

hi again! here is my latest painting, another one for Alto-hime sama ^^ ... hope you like it. Painted with Kurecolors and Copic markers :) Thanks for your kind comments, guys.

th_AltoSaotome_markers.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice work - I'm a big fan of Copic markers too, but I get to use them less and less...

thanks!! I use two brands of markers (Copic and Kurecolor) I can buy only the latter here where I live, but they are great. Of couse I must keep practising, and I am sure I´ll never reach Mikimoto´s style ^^´

I am currently painting the big drawing ,with all the characters together, and will add some valks to make it look more "epic"

th_Tributo_Macross.jpg

thanks!! I use two brands of markers (Copic and Kurecolor) I can buy only the latter here where I live, but they are great. Of couse I must keep practising, and I am sure I´ll never reach Mikimoto´s style ^^´

I am currently painting the big drawing ,with all the characters together, and will add some valks to make it look more "epic"

th_Tributo_Macross.jpg

Beautiful!

Makes me think of a "Generations" picture where there would be characters from each era progressing across the picture.

• 2 weeks later...