Is it 2 books? (Vol 1 & 2) available Dec 6th 2014? with Vol 3. available in 2015?

Wow, 21,990 Y that's a bit steep.

Actually 3 books with a suplement of still unknown content). The 21.990 yen are for the whole collection, you buy the volume 1+ 2+ Box, available in december, and with it you get a voucher for Volume 3 + suplements which is sent to the publisher so they can send it to you later (early 2015). This only works within Japan, of course.

As for the price, yeah, its a steep tag. But compared to the original series "Silver Books", from which this collection draws its inspiration, its actually a bit cheaper than people on the know expected. And it is the ultimate production materials collection so... it is out of most fans reach but if you can save enough to buy it, its totally worth it. :)

Edited by westfall

Actually 3 books with a suplement of still unknown content). The 21.990 yen are for the whole collection, you buy the volume 1+ 2+ Box, available in december, and with it you get a voucher for Volume 3 + suplements which is sent to the publisher so they can send it to you later (early 2015). This only works within Japan, of course.

As for the price, yeah, its a steep tag. But compared to the original series "Silver Books", from which this collection draws its inspiration, its actually a bit cheaper than people on the know expected. And it is the ultimate production materials collection so... it is out of most fans reach but if you can save enough to buy it, its totally worth it. :)

That sounds great! I love art books. How does one get all 3 books outside of Japan? Will the regular places like HLJ carry this (as a 3book set)?

That sounds great! I love art books. How does one get all 3 books outside of Japan? Will the regular places like HLJ carry this (as a 3book set)?

For now, its not possible. HOWEVER... Nobuteru Yuuki's art book was also a Japan exclusive but now its on retail with Amazon offering it for pre-orders. So there's always hope. And given i believe the delay in volume 3 relative to the others is in order not to spoil Ark, if a future retail release does see the light of day, it might be a 3 volume on the spot deal. :)

OK so Street Fighter's Akuma is the lead bad guy with a massively bad BFG... and this movie (and its results to the continuity of 2199) is the reason for the Gatlantis Empire for having a beef with Earth & the Cosmos Navy. presumably. and the GE ships are better at Anti Ship Missile tactics it seems. Is the one scene of the lone survivor vessel ("Avatar's Ship") from Episode 1 being viewed by a Galantis ship?

Edited by TehPW

Gah, the first movie may well have been one of the worst recap movies I have ever seen.

.....at least I got to see the trailer for movie 2 on the big screen though.

IMO, FB7 had more enjoyment and reasons to watch than this did. Ugh.

The idea of a recap movie sounds like an injustice to this beautiful series anyway...

Gah, the first movie may well have been one of the worst recap movies I have ever seen.

Can you give us more description as to why it was so bad? I have the Blu-Ray on pre-order and may save the $70 if it is not worth it.

Chris

OUCH. It's that bad?!

Many theatrical amines are screened and released in Japan, but we have to have an ability of choosing what kind of those ones do we have to or don't have to watch.

Edited by antibiotictab

A-greed....

"All in all, while I have seen some terrible anime recap films in the past, Yamato 2199: The Voyage of Reminiscence is easily the worst. Its cuts kill the very soul of the piece and make the characters that inhabit it purely one-dimensional. The lack of any meaningful new content makes it boring and, when adding in the fact that the series originally ran in theaters, you have a film that is completely unnecessary on every conceivable level. If you have never seen Yamato 2199 and are interested in watching one of the best space operas in the past decade, be sure to pick up the series; but likewise make sure to avoid this film at all costs..."

You can't can't condense a 26 episode series like Yamato 2199 into a 2.5 hour film without cutting out most, if not all the things that made it great in the first place and expect it to live up to the Yamato 2199 name. I was afraid this would be the case.

True - To this day I'm still perplexed at how the original Space Battleship Yamato movie was so popular when the TV show was not. THAT was dreadful as well. (Granted, Star Wars but even so)

Tim Eldred's Cosmo DNA website has been updated with lots of news and info.

http://www.ourstarblazers.com/

Looks like Mag Garden decided to make the Nobuteru Yuki artbooks available to those outside Japan. :)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4902948133/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5

That's the way it appears in the movie; check out their WIP to see just how much attention they paid to the source material... it's inspiring and scary at the same time. As for the other EDF ships, check out their entire site... simply mind blowing.

The fully lit Andromeda is theirs too. :wub:

P11003981.JPG

P11004201.JPG

this is an old post yes but sheesh that looks friggin awesome!!

Good lord that is one helluva ship. I'm hoping there's a Comet Empire series, and if there is, I'm hoping they update the Andromeda with another main gun battery and some AA guns; it's too bare as it is...

I'm waiting for a new 1/1000 Andromeda, otherwise I'm going to have to cut down the Bandai models that I have so they fit with the new ships.

Or not... I just laid the two models, the /1000 Yamato and the /700 Andromeda side by side, and they are pretty spot on size-wise! How much larger is the Andromeda supposed to be compared to the SB Yamato anyway?

And it sounds like they shouldn't have wasted their time on the recap, and just could have given us the Gatlantis story earlier.