Macross Eternal Love Song

Roycommi

Still job-hunting. So I haven't been working on this... :angry:

I was thinking of redoing many of the icons I've got finished already. I've just got a lot on my plate right now.

One question- I've figured out how to make basic animations with ImageReady (see my avatar), would these types of .gif files be OK for the valk icon transformation? Would they also work for the cutscenes?

I'm going to start a new thread asking for complete scans of the ELS users manual. I'll feel more confident with what I'm doing if I have that.

• 1 month later...

I'm baaaack...

Now that I've (finally) landed a new job, and have spent enough time learning the position, it's about time I jump back into my projects.

First off, here's what's on my plate:

-Roycommi's Macross: ELS project

-Another Macross project (which is under wraps at this time)

-A small project for a local band

-I'm also looking into returning to school either this fall or, most likely, in the spring. So Until that's settled I won't be able to devote as much free time to these projects as I'd like.

-Two weddings in June which will suck up 10 days total (wow).

Other than that, here are my plans for the ELS project-

I'm planning on scrapping almost everything I've done so far.

1) At first I was satisfied with simply blurring the background and land-type tiles, but upon further reflection, they simply look like crap, and Macross deserves the best from me. I plan on re-drawing each tile so that, while looking like the original, will still keep a sharp level of detail. I also plan on adding a strong level of detail to the buildings and structures so that they will look more realistic.

2) For the player tiles- I realised that, although the VF-1's in fighter mode look good, the position of the VF-1 in the tile doesn't lend itself well to accomplishing a clean and steady transformation to GERWALK/Battroid and vice-versa. Now that I've been fiddling with Adobe ImageReady, I'm ready to start working on clean transformations in the following: Fighter -> GERWALK -> Battroid and Fighter -> Battroid.

3) For the status tiles (the ones inside the information window) I want to clean up the images I've done so far and make sure proportions are accurate. I definitely want to re-work the character images, particularly the helmeted ones. Roycommi once asked for the faces to vary a bit from each character (as opposed to the single generic image with different colors utilised in the original). I think this is a good idea and would like to run with it.

That's about it for now. T-wolves just beat The Lakers to go to game six, and I would like them to whup The Lakers ass, because Shaq's a big cross-eyed fattie and Kobe will never be like Jordan because he's snotty.

:D

Don't know if this is the place to place this, though I would like to play it again. I have ELS for the DUO, though I sold the duo I still have the game and it starts to load on the Magic Engine emulator then once the prolog finishes there is just a black screen. Is there a fix for this?? Also Great job on the flash work. :lol:

• 2 months later...

It's been Dead in the Water lately. Roycommi's been really busy and so have I. We've yapped a bit about starting it back up, but it's strictly a "time permitting" project at the moment.

Now that I look at that animation after a month or two, I realise how crappy it looks!!! :lol:

I'd better get my animation skills up to par!

yeah, if you guys are waiting to hear from someone that would actually play it, I will! I always wanted to play more of the original, but I never could get very far since I couldnt understand it (never got past the first battle)

we want more ELS!! :)