Macross 30: The Voice that Connects the Galaxy gameplay

Moeflyer

eeeeeeeehhh it's roughly 4 years old now. got it about the same time my ex and I started dating and was super excited to get it. But what's also odd is that there's an update for it but it won't update says the file is corrupted. so I just leave it alone. Good enough for me.

Yeah I have the original PS3 and it overheats and shuts down anywhere between 1-30 mins depending on room temperature. I stole my brothers more modern slim model for a while and it ran it perfectly. Only game I have ever seen that does this, so since it literally maxes out the PS3's capability then I do recommend a fairly young PS3!

I would guess it's because there just aren't any people who have the game and the skills to do such a thing?

Also, has anyone else encountered this? I seem to have run into a glitch with one of the Hunter Guild quests from Skuld, I think. It's a mission to take out 15 enemies in Hroptr Cave, but every time I try it, the counter won't register. I had thought that it might be because I didn't finish the quest before the end of mission 8-5, but I was able to complete other quests in the game at that point. I couldn't even finish it after going into the final missions, 9-1 and 9-2.

I would guess it's because there just aren't any people who have the game and the skills to do such a thing?

Or those of us who have the skills don't have the time to tackle it... or the resources to tackle it alone.

Never encountered that bug myself tho... I've only ever found one, where two cutscene portraits briefly overlap for one sentence.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Noob question on the game. I'm on Chapter 2 before Sheryl's concert. Unlocked Valks are VF-0D, VF-0A, SV-51a, VF-0S, VF-1A. Also unlocked VF-0 Ghost Booster and VF-1 Super Pack. For some reasons, I can't find a way on mounting those 2 packs on the designated valks. Any ideas how to use these?

Thanks. :)

Finally unlocked the Double Strike Packs. Loving it. ;)

By the way does this game features the VF-4G for the latter chapters?

Alas, no... none of the mecha that Max and Milia had in Macross M3 are available in-game. The table jumps from the VF-1 Valkyrie right on up to the VF-11B Thunderbolt.

Consequentially, that means no VF-3000, VF-5000, VF-4, VF-9, or VF-14. They also left out the VF-17 Nightmare, though they included a few VF-17 paintjobs (Diamond Force, Milia's VF-17S) as paint options on the VF-171 Nightmare Plus. The VF-19F/S Super Pack is also MIA.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I see. Thought at first that all the Valks from all the series will be included here for celebrating their hyped 30th Anniv celebration. :( It's a bummer since some of their old PSP games featured those awkward looking valks. Hehehe. :D

I see. Thought at first that all the Valks from all the series will be included here for celebrating their hyped 30th Anniv celebration. :( It's a bummer since some of their old PSP games featured those awkward looking valks. Hehehe. :D

Nope... they seem to have skipped a few where convenient, because the characters are drawn from specific time periods and they're flying what are roughly appropriate mecha from those points in their respective home storylines. The Macross M3 character mecha and VF-17 were apparently left out because Max, Milia, and Gamlin are from the late Macross 7 period, after which point all three are flying VF-22s.

Nope... they seem to have skipped a few where convenient, because the characters are drawn from specific time periods and they're flying what are roughly appropriate mecha from those points in their respective home storylines. The Macross M3 character mecha and VF-17 were apparently left out because Max, Milia, and Gamlin are from the late Macross 7 period, after which point all three are flying VF-22s.

Thanks Seto. Atleast I don't need to look forward or get too excited on the other valks now, hoping on unlocking them at first. Hehehe. Anyways, in fairness, I do like the game. Reminds me of the games I played via their PSP releases. But this time, I get to play it on a bigger screen. ;)

Thanks Seto. Atleast I don't need to look forward or get too excited on the other valks now, hoping on unlocking them at first. Hehehe. Anyways, in fairness, I do like the game. Reminds me of the games I played via their PSP releases. But this time, I get to play it on a bigger screen. ;)

No problemo. I was a little disappointed that they didn't throw the Macross II valks in as an extra, or the VF-4 at the very least. I could cheerfully do without the other M3 valkyries. Still, it was nice that they cheerfully threw in a bunch of designs from the 1st and 2nd Macross Frontier movies and even made the Macross Frontier version of the Ghost a (technically) usable craft.

All in all, I thought it was a great game. (It's the whole reason I own a PS3.)

Yeah, I kinda wished that at least the VF-4 and VF-5000 were in there as they were actually featured in animation. Alas, I doubt we're going to be getting anymore Macross PS3 games or PS4. The future of gaming in Japan seems to be handheld and mobile.

Cross posting from another thread

Cool :)

If you come across some files that contains a database for items or images for the game interface, maybe you can share them, ready for who wants to start a translation-patch project.

Good luck with your work dude.

The whole text script for the game, in the lua formating (open those in a text editor like notepad++) they use and dds. (images)

Getting the information back in for the game to load I'd have to ask howfie about, or someone knowledgeable to have a look at his ripper's source.

Edit: By the way would anyone here like the mugshot images of every single character? / Loading screens? / Special images? (Plus theres some unused stuff... and some funny unused stuff.)

Edited by Vashzaron

For some weird reasons, I can't seem to find 5 VF-0A Bandits on both Archipelago and Desert maps for one of my Hunter Guild quest. Any ideas where the exact locations to find them?

I'm on Chapter 4-2. Loving the game. It gets repetitive but it still addictive while upgrading and trying to find parts for the next high-end valkyrie. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

I finally played enough of this game to give my humble opinion on it.

I'm kind of conflicted here. It's all kind of awesome at times but most of it is painfully repetitive. Fights are fun and it's always a joy to have the opportunity to play Valks in a video game but this open world thing with dungeons (what a weird concept for a macross game) didn't suit me very well.

Ah well, can't really hate a game with such an awesome soundtrack.

Someone posted an in game picture of a YF-25 with Tornado Parts in the Macross 30 game. I can't find that post anymore. The picture is not very clear, but I think the color scheme looks awesome. Can someone with the game post some more pictures (or any other pictures) of the YF-25 with Tornado Parts? Any help is greatly appreciated. (I also posted this in other threads in the forum).

• 6 months later...

Lstened to the story part of the podcast. Sadly I don't plan on ever geting a PS3 so I can only rely on "spoilers" for the story - and there is a piece of the story that went unmentioned.

What's Sharon Apple's motive in the game?

I mean...

Sharon Apple actually cares about the Earth being destroyed way before she was made?

That would be on a whole new level of awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Been enjoying this game, just got to the desert (chapter 4 I think?) and I must ask: is there a version of the VF-1S in this game that has head lasers?? I was very disappointed to find out upon finally unlocking the 1S that it has no head lasers to speak of. Which just seems insane to me because the VF-0S has almost the same loadout under the wings but has the lasers. Maybe I'm a bit hung up on this because recently I was talking to a macross-fan friend of mine, and I figured out that I'm a bit more of a fan of head lasers than the average macross fan maybe.... lol

I purchased a ps3 super slim to play Macross 30. It freezes and requires a hard reset within 20 minutes each time I play. Is Macross 30 a crashy game, or is my console borked?