Bandai 1/250 Macross Fighter Collection

CF18

post-467-1241716982_thumb.jpgpost-467-1241802678_thumb.jpg

post-467-1241802692_thumb.jpg

Source:

#1 #2 #3 #4

16 + chase unit in first wave. 12 unit in one box. 420 yen per unit. Coming in August.

It also feature solid material and clear canopy.

From what I can tell:

Front row: All VF-1s

2nd row: VF-25 x2, VF-19 x3

3rd row: VF-2SS, VF-0D, VF-0S, VF-0B?, VF-19?

Edited by CF18

O_O So Bandai has access to the Macross Zero designs now? Did Yamato and Bandai have a love-fest or something? On the other hand it looks like this is targeted directly against Yamato's 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (even the names are similar :p)

Either way, I'll pass-- these are just too small for me.

Edited by edwin3060

Way too small and too obscure of a scale. Yamato's 1/200 VFC is already too small as it is. But at least Yamato did it in a scale that's seen some support.

I'll be skipping this gashapon line.

Bandai should've make it 1/144 to complement the Chara-Works collectibles.

Bandai should've make it 1/144 to complement the Chara-Works collectibles.

++ They should just buy that mold, add a VE-1, then expend to other VF. 1/250 is very small, yet too big to match the DX Macross Quarter.

Probably because due to license, so they have to come up with 1/250

Anyway these will fit greatly to the 1/240 MK II Monster :D

I probably just gonna get the VF-0D/B and VF-2SS though (and maybe the 2045 Millia)

Edited by ntsan

O_O So Bandai has access to the Macross Zero designs now? Did Yamato and Bandai have a love-fest or something? On the other hand it looks like this is targeted directly against Yamato's 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection
Licenses in Japan are based on scale. Bandai can make a VF100's VF-0 with Yamato not really having a problem. Bandai sat on the Macross 7 license as a whole and it's a different situation, but the rumor that a deal has worked out seems to be primarily on a per-design basis, as in 1 mecha and all it's variants. Bandai probably has the license for the VF-171 and if so, probably got the license for the VF-17 while Yamato gets to do any VF-11 variant they want. Same goes for whoever's got the VF-19 license in 1/60 scale. Since the YF-19 differs from the VF-19, it's possible that Yamato retains the YF-19 and can do any 19 variant so long as it is primarily based on the YF-19, for example any VF-19A is a go. Maybe Bandai has the VF-19Kai/P/S variant license, that VF-19 shares more with it's variants than the VF-19A/YF

I wonder why there's no Mac+ listed... maybe because there was only three valks and a ghost to choose from?

EDIT - Let's play GUESS THAT CHASE! My guess? VB-6 FTW!

Edited by jenius

I guess there's no MacPlus because Yamato already did everything, so it wouldn't be worth the hassle of making new molds.

At last, a VF-19P. I hate these blind box things, though, I never get the one I want so I'm gonna pass.

1/250 is an odd scale, stop creating more scales! :wacko:

1/200 is fine, but the yamato trading figures are lame in quality (sculpt, paint, detail) compared to any of the military 1/200 diecast models I collect, those are comparable to 1/72 (no kidding) in terms of detail.

1/144 is fine too...

These complicated licensing issues :angry: :angry: :angry:

Well Bandai may have the VF-2SS in the VF100s line, so they probably want to milk the design more as well. I was wondering if Bandai started this line because the VF100s line isn't doing that well, so this 1/250 line allows them to release all the valks that were originally hyped under the VF100s line.

MORE NEWS!!!

Complete list

3520408916_41a625ceee.jpg

3519594101_450ea44f2b.jpg

3519594205_30a7140692.jpg

3520409170_2bc6758ac7.jpg

3519594363_1b57b1acaa.jpg

3520409354_fd5ef9b6cd.jpg

List:

(1) VF-25S Messiah Alto's Unit (Macross Frontier)

(2) VF-25G Messiah Michael's Unit (Macross Frontier)

(3) VF-1J Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijyo's Unit (SDF Macross)

(4) VF-1A Valkyrie Maximilian Jenius's Unit (SDF Macross)

(5) VF-1A Valkyrie Hayao Kakizaki's Unit (SDF Macross)

(6) VF-1J Valkyrie Maximilian Jenius's Unit (SDF Macross)

(7) VF-1J Valkyrie Milia Fallyna's Unit (SDF Macross)

(8) VF-19 Kai Excalibur Basara Nekki Special (Macross 7)

(9) VF-1J Valkyrie Milia Fallyna's Unit (Macross 7)

(10) VF-19F Excalibur Emerald Force Commander Type (Macross 7)

(11) VF-19F Excalibur Emerald Force Mass Productive Type (Macross 7)

(12) VF-19P Excalibur Patrol Unit (Macross Dynamite 7)

(13) VF-0A Phoenix (Macross Zero)

(14) VF-0B Phoenix (Macross Zero)

(15) VF-0D Phoenix (Macross Zero)

(16) VF-2SS Valkyrie II Sylvie Geena's Unit (SDF Macross II: Lovers Again)

(17) VF-25X Chase (Macross Frontier)

The VF chase probably is the Ozma Unit, VF-25 CF or some "Special edition" like a Sheryl/Ranka guard. any other options for the chase?

Edited by maximilian_jenius

If these weren't blind packed, I'd be interested in buying just the VF-19Kai, VF-19S, VF-19F, VF-19P and VF-2SS.

Although the VF-2SS does look a little odd in the photo. Probably the angle.

Absolutely no interest in the VF-1 figures and only minimal interest in the VF-0 and VF-25, as there are better, bigger toys available for these, for the most part.

Agree that the 1/250 scale is odd, but they probably couldn't use 1/200 as Yamato has that for the VFC line.

Graham

From wiki on model scale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scale_model_sizes

They could choose one of the scale between 1:100 to 1:250, I think 1:150 could be much better.

1/150 might be too close to their 1/100 line, although this line is non-transforming. In fact, if they made 1/100 non-transforming fighter modes, I think they would fulfill the wishes of quite a few people here, like Vifam7 and myself :p

From these larger pictures I am 100% sure the cockpits are not translucent let alone transparent plastic at all! the VF-0 (except the "D") looks overall crooked -nose and tail bent down, so these are soft rubbery plastic toys in a very odd scale. Definite pass unless they're accidentally dirt cheap and turn out much more detailed than these promotional pictures show.

From these larger pictures I am 100% sure the cockpits are not translucent let alone transparent plastic at all! the VF-0 (except the "D") looks overall crooked -nose and tail bent down, so these are soft rubbery plastic toys in a very odd scale. Definite pass unless they're accidentally dirt cheap and turn out much more detailed than these promotional pictures show.

Probably these are resin prototypes? I mean, the original poster mentioned that they would be made of hard plastic and have clear canopies.

Seriously, you can never judge the cockpits of any toy until you see the final product. In just about every single prototype the canopies start as painted blue plastic from Toynami's MPCs, Toynami's 1/100s, Bandai's DX line, Bandai's 1/100s, etc etc. And, while we're talking about constants of prototypes, you can never tell the amount of tampo printing or the final paint scheme either. These are all things that should not be complained about until you see the picture of the toy someone just purchased or a magazine article that specifically states "this is the final product."