Guest davidwhangchoi

CAPCOM is involved i wonder if it's in the character art...

wrong thread... but no stadium lights :p (except in the trailer :unsure: )

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

From the end of the trailer those certainly look like vf-29's cannon pods....however it may be too early to tell...attachicon.gifvf-31_dark.jpg

hmmm.... well at least it can be retracted... and the design doesn't force it (the 30 looks worse without the missile pod)

and they got rid of those oversize 747 engines on the wings of the 29. the 31 looks promising.

hmmm.... well at least it can be retracted... and the design doesn't force it (the 30 looks worse without the missile pod)

and they got rid of those oversize 747 engines on the wings of the 29. the 31 looks promising.

i do hope they find a way to implement those rudders on the wings better than the 30 dx tho, and have them stay in place by a mechanism and not friction.

floppy rudders on the wings would not look good...

Edited by seti88

Loving the aircraft, but I'm getting really curious what sort of story this is going to be...

It literally looks like something out of Ace Combat Zero, what with the themed squadrons facing off.

Also, while I'm glad to see more female pilots (finally), I'm worried that we've basically got a singing aerobatics demonstration team showdown in the making. I mean, it might be good? But we all remember what happened last time we got a singing pilot... :p

On a more wallet stabbing note, I love how they're building the mold milking into the show from the beginning. That's already TEN distinct paint schemes that we'll probably be seeing hitting the shelves. :ph34r:

At any rate, that blue valk VF-31 would look better in a more aggressive red coloring instead, imho.

AMEN to that. ;)

But from what i see on the AKB48 side of Colored Sentai Valkyries are Light Blue, Dark Blue, Blue Green, Yellow, and Purple. Not sure if they will ever release a 'Red' variant for this. :(

at first sight the 31 looks identical to the 30 but when your compare have subtle differences (battroid mode)

the legs are better stylized

the arms have retractable mini gunpods

and the system of the chest is like the vf 25 meanwhile its predecessor are closer to the vf 4

Or an added character who joins the group mid-way through the series. ^_^

Also, I (fortunately) miscounted. It looks like the Draken squad is in classic Diamond Force colors, one with yellow/gold stripes, the rest with white/silver.. fortunate because there's actually 6 of them. :p

Looks like 5 on the VF-31 side though, and I expect those will all be unique.

This is going to be a serious struggle for people who like elaborate displays. :blink:

Oh, small note.. People were debating whether the wings on the VF-31 were forward swept or drooped.. looks like a combination of both, judging by the lighting in those clips. They look like they fold in half at the mid-point.

Edited by Chronocidal

The 31 looks DOPPPPPPE! But it looks different enought that I still might attempt to get a YF-30.

I'm digging the colour scheme too.

Excited to see the SV's modes

YF-31 "Jiikufuriido" - Siegfried?

Sv-262 "Dorakun III" - Dragon/Draken III?

Anyone have better grasp of katakana?

It's SV-262 DORAKEN* III actually. So definitely Draken
*(Easy mistake to make, "Ke" and "Ku" look pretty similar)
Edited by Raptor One

Also, I (fortunately) miscounted. It looks like the Draken squad is in classic Diamond Force colors, one with yellow/gold stripes, the rest with white/silver.. fortunate because there's actually 6 of them. :p

This is going to be a serious struggle for people who like elaborate displays. :blink:

On one hand i do like the color design on the valks this time and i hope bandai can pull it off stunningly in their dx line.

however from a display perspective its gonna boil down to just 2 basic valk designs, and if i get those, compelling me to splash out more for a recolor may not be so appealling straight away.

YF-31 "Jiikufuriido" - Siegfried?

Sv-262 "Dorakun III" - Dragon/Draken III?

Anyone have better grasp of katakana?

The first one is correct. 'Jikufurido'. It's safe to assume that it's Siegfried or probably it's Ziegfried(?) this time based on the katakana. But it makes me wonder since Leon's YF-30 callsign is already Siegfried. We have to wait for their official 'engrish' counterpart on this one. ;)

Second one is 'Doraken'. Which is Draken as you already put it.

The 31 looks DOPPPPPPE! But it ;ooks different enought that I still might attempt to get a YF-30.

I'm digging the colour scheme too.

Excited to see the SV's modes

I suddenly realised that since it did not display the 30 in the new series...i thk the existing 30 toy price may ummm go up in the long run?? idk shhh....

Oh, small note.. People were debating whether the wings on the VF-31 were forward swept or drooped.. looks like a combination of both, judging by the lighting in those clips. They look like they fold in half at the mid-point.

5 vs 6. Hmmm... But we have to remember there's that '6th Special Colored Ranger' always shows up in times of trouble, who always ready to save the day. ;)

My impression... MACROSS X AKB48 Collaboration desu ne. :D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wow, this looks like it is going to girls band vs boys band in Delta. Spice's girl vs Backstreet boys.

Nice concept I guess, as long as they don't sing to each other during combat.....sigh, they are going to sing to each other during combat aren't they? :wacko:

Gerwalk attachicon.gif31x3.jpg

The VF-31 is looking good so far. Hope we can get more detailed picture later on this week.

I wish they just re-imagine and integrate Muv Luv into a Macross series.

Meiya looks tons better than any of those characters from Delta.

That would be interesting. Make everyone think it's a warm hearted series then BOOM! 180 degrees in the 1st episode. (Just going with the what the anime series did)

You still gonna need to get those 6 drakens. Each of those green/silver ones got their own markings. :p

Edited by wmkjr