Bandai SD Infinite

CF18

It's supposed to be a toy, and there will also be a Nirvash and Gurren Lagann (sorry if I got the name wrong) in the line.

Some drawings of all three and a fully painted sample of the Nirvash were shown a month or two ago, and the Nirvash is currently available for preorder at places like AmiAmi.

I hope they turn out reasonably well because this line has me very excited. The Joke Machine was always and still is my favorite VF-1 toy.

Well shoot.. I might have to get a dozen or so of these. I kinda hope that they paint up an Ozma version with a chibi SD skull marking. I'm thinking something like Yoko's skull hairpin. :lol:

Btw.. is it wrong that I like this sculpt better than the DX? I mean.. sheesh.. even in SD form, I feel like this has better proportions. :blink:

Edited by Chronocidal

what's the size of the SDX figs? coz if these SD Infinity figs are just about the same size as the VF100s VF-25s, then i doubt it could be PT. lets just hope that it doesn't have too many swappable parts... the parts swapping for the RD Nirvash is a little annoying... the shcmpro Unicorn not too bad... not sure about the VF100s since i don't own one, but from what i've seen and read here, it seems really annoying to transform on a regular basis.

what's the size of the SDX figs? coz if these SD Infinity figs are just about the same size as the VF100s VF-25s, then i doubt it could be PT. lets just hope that it doesn't have too many swappable parts... the parts swapping for the RD Nirvash is a little annoying... the shcmpro Unicorn not too bad... not sure about the VF100s since i don't own one, but from what i've seen and read here, it seems really annoying to transform on a regular basis.

5" or so but big all around.

4570868169_a55a723fa4_o.jpg

Here's the full ad, wonder what it says. (^.^)

Actually, on the subject of the SD figures, I would really love to see a whole line of SD figures including more Macross Valks (Plus Valks Please) and perhaps other mecha like the Evangelion units. (Super Robot Wars designs perhaps?)

Here's the full ad, wonder what it says. (^.^)

Actually, on the subject of the SD figures, I would really love to see a whole line of SD figures including more Macross Valks (Plus Valks Please) and perhaps other mecha like the Evangelion units. (Super Robot Wars designs perhaps?)

It says it'll have a 'special' kind of transformation (ie. not the same as animation). So far it appears that the head is to be swapped but it seems to suggest something like one head is for transformation while the other is for looks.

Edited by Vifam7

The SD head definitely won't fit in plane/gerwalk mode.

Actually, I personally doubt that the cockpit and nose cone will be able to fit in the body of the Battoid mode either... I do recall seeing a similar SD VF-25F that had to be completely disassembled, but I do believe that one was a resin-kit thing.

Hopefully, aside from the head, there will be little or no part swapping.

Edited by Actar

I see no reason to assume there will be a lot of part swapping. The VF-25 transformation isn't that complicated, and this isn't aiming for an "anime-accurate" interpretation anyway so it's not going to rely on "correct" transformation. The SD proportions shouldn't be an issue because the VF-1 Joke Machine was SD and required no parts swapping.

That said, I expect the head might have to be removed and repositioned because its so big.