Hi-Metal R

joppewo

OMFG!! I never thought I'd see the day the Hi-Metal line returns! I've always a big fan of this underrated toy line. I'm not going to buy the Roy, Hikaru, and Max VF's since I've already got them, but the rest are instant pre-orders for me, no matter how much they cost.

I hope the line succeeds this time around for the sake of the Zentradi mecha. 1/100 might just be the best fit for them in terms of scale and budgets.

Great news and slick market move by Bandai.

I hope they make a Hikaru S-variant and maybe they can improve by adding some side covers.

If this line produces the right variants and different types of Valkyrie, I can see myself scaling down with the hobby.

The bigger toys might be more detailed, but they are not really fun to fiddle with. And as has been said before, these will go great with Master Grade Gundams!

I am also in the boat that likes all of toys shown other than the VF-1. I am not digging the fighter mode because of the slope and the fact that the gun pod looks like it points upwards in fighter mode. It looks like if the pilot fired it, he would hit his own nose cone lol. I would love to have all the Destroids and Regults, but knowing me I would probably end up with the VF-1's also. :wacko:

I'd like to stick to one scale for my collection but look what they did. They are releasing heroes and villains toys from the same series.

Yamato released plenty of great VF-1 toys and one very expensive Regult model kit.

Now just how much are these. What's the price of a current 1/60 Valk $350? So these will be $320?

ZOMG........ Hi-metal revival.....

So freaking happy I don't have to track down a webstore MAX.... now I can get M&M's and a buttload of CF valks :D

Hi-metals are freaking awesome. Just make sure to steal your lady-friend's nailpolish for the ball-jointed foot joints, unless they decide to fix those.

Edited by Duymon

I might do the regults Spartans or even the monster but no 1/100 valks for me! ........at least I hope not?

Bwahahaha!!! My sentiments exactly...

If we do choose to support this revival, what would the impact be on the possibility of bandai making 1/60 vf-1_s, regulate, glaugs, destroids, monsters?

1/60 would go well all the other toys. But then some of the less complex zentradi power armor would be huge.

For enemy mecha (which is usually bigger than human mecha because they are giants sitting inside an already giant robot) I actually prefer 1/100 scale.

The Monster you see is already big at 1/100. I doubt many collectors could afford a 1/60 or have space for such a large human mecha.

You got to look at 1/100 as the scale people may want to create an interesting battlescene with "aliens vs humans". You could do it with 1/60 but it's only one to one. I doubt many here have space to show a squad of Qrau grunt mechas at 1/60 vs 1/60 vf-1 valks. Because you'd need lots of space.

Remember when you see the cannon fodder pilots fighting in the earliest episode of SDFM an they are fighting off enemy pods by ducking behind cover and firing from protected position and using the buildings to hide? They don't just fly in the air or fight in space. They can actually kill things on the floor too.

That's easier with tiny action figures where zoomed out view is better. I guess many people here don't see the appeal of having small figs because they limit their display to big toys only.

One of the main villains in SDFM rides in a Glaug. You'll never get that at 1/60 because its too huge. But at 1/100 you could have hikaru vs kamji one vs one.

There are aircraft enthusiasts on here that only buy planes and have no interest in enemy mechas or destroids. I get that because the heroes kick butt in the planes. But for the rest of us fans of macross we think it's time to explore the other stuff now. How many times do you want to buy the same exact toy in a different color? lol At least transformers fans get different stuff to look forward too haha. And multiple sizes for the same character. (ie leader class, deluxe class, voyager class etc)

A glaug at 1/100 complete with a Glaug Booster attachment (the zentradi equivalent to a FAST pack for the glaug) would be reasonable size. I'm telling you that you wil never see villains at 1/60 as only a few would have space or could afford that. Posability would probably be limited too given how heavy these things can get. But at 1/100 you could get away with better poses and these would be fun to hold in your hand.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

This news is absolutely incredible, I sold off my Hi-Metal 1J and 1S with parts a while ago, I unfortunately never got in on the three exclusive DYRL 1As so I didn't want to keep two odd pieces. I also recently sold off my last Yamato VF-1, so I literally no longer own any valkyries, I dislike Frontier and Plus so all the Bandai/Arcadia stuff on those fronts doesn't interest me, but low and behold they unleash this news on me. And now I can get a bunch of new VF-1s, more then likely at some solid prices, plus in scale Zentraedi mecha and cannon fodder human mecha! It's really amazing news, I'm stoked, I don't think I'd be in for the M&Ms, but I'd be happy to buy back a newly sculpted Roy 1S and Hikaru 1J, and of course some Regults, I am really hoping they announce Max and Kakizaki TV 1As so I can build a nicely scaled and detailed Vermillion Squad.

New Tamashii promotion, use the Tamashi app to scan in three purchased Hi-Metal R instructional manual barcodes from Regults you purchased and you'll get a code to order the scout regult on their website.

Bandai, if you're looking for more cool ideas, let me know. I'm full of them!

Tamashii website exclusive: Regult bonus parts! Convert your regult to light or heavy missile version. Comes with full-size Zentran soldier.

So I accidentally posted this in the VF-19 advance thread by mistake, moved it over here where it's relevant.

To Ho has 82 photos from the Macross event on his fiickr page, there are quite a few VF-19 ADV detail shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97939553@N02/sets/72157647080275014/

Based on the close-up of Milia's valk, it looks like movie-style super parts based on the arm armor parts. I wonder if that's just for the display, or they are cutting corners by not casting a second set of armors just for TV valks.

New Hi-Metals! I'm kind of stunned, I just assumed the line was dead forever, but rarely am I this happy to be proven wrong. In the previous batch, the absentees that made me really sad were no Miria VF-1J (you made Max! Max Valk without Miria Valk is sacrelige!) and no brown VF-1A. And now not only will we get both, but we'll get proper M&M super packs too! I'd PREFER if they sold them in one set like they had the Strike parts with the VF-1S, but I'm not going to hold my breath that it won't be a DYRL VF-1A situation...

Still, even if that's the case, I am SUPER STOKED. Even compared to the few DX and 1/60 toys I have, these are my favorite Macross toys, and I definitely look forward to adding more to my collection.

Edited by RyuRoots