DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

OK, I think we can be sure these new toys will at least look decent this time. Now all that worries me is

1) Price. Something tells me they won't be revisiting the 10,000 yen mark of the original DX25; they'll likely be following the Yamato model of gouginess.

2) Those f***ing ball joints. Somehow I don't see these going away, because even Yamato has been somehow fooled into thinking they're a good idea. They're good for 3-4 transformations and then you can forget about participating in that "Strike a pose!" thread. Seriously, they have got to go.

3) Would they go back and re-visit the Armour Pack Ozma? I avoided the original but if this one looks good and is sturdy....

I think I'm asking too much. But then, I'd be paying too much, so fair's fair.

Nothing to celebrate... just see another opportunity to be denied a product, such as super packs and armor, due to "this store" and "that on-line" exclusive distribution.

All I want to see from this is a general release of the fold booster that can also fit both the V.1 and V.2 VF-25 and 1/60 Ghosts.

A Re-release of the VF-27 would be nice and an announcement about VF-171 production... even better.

Nothing to celebrate... just see another opportunity to be denied a product, such as super packs and armor, due to "this store" and "that on-line" exclusive distribution.

Hopefully the armor will be better. The previous stuff would fall off and limit articulation, overall making the toy a paperweight. generally though, I don't care too much for the armor or fast packs, since I think it interferes with the sleakness of the fighter designs. But to pose Ozma in all his armored glory would be sweet. You just know they will make the armor an store exclusive.

I'm glad they're doing this. Honestly though, I can wait for these, as the v.1 kinda burned me a bit. I was on the fence, cause I had no idea if this was going to come true, or if I was just gonna take the plunge and get the v.1 25s. I have both 27s, and those are fine, but if they do make a v.2 of those, I'll get those as well. Still gonna wait for the reviews of these, and if they are looking like the 29, I think I'll jump in.

:lol: wow - that is great news, as for me - I am happy with my v1. Valks - limitations or not. I have seen they are capable of being posed around just as well as any other figure (some tricks added) - in the last 3 months I have bought the vf25G Tornado Messiah and the RVF25 Super Messiah Chogokins, 2 variable stands. and 3 ghosts + yf29 on the way. B))

Call me a happy man, :) there is no way I'm double dipping unless Bandai can make those v2. Messiahs fit with the old super-packs, armored packs, and tornado packs - then for me its worth the risk - no way I'm plunking $900 again. :huh:

Yes! I am so glad I only bought the Alto and Tornado now. Now I'll get the armored version of all 4.......I just hope they are not as expensive as the YF-29 is...:(

Stuff that I want to see:

- Better hip joints

- Tighter joints (esp. shoulders)

- Paint that doesn't scratch of with a rub.

- Better landing Gear

- A torso that actually has sufficient room for the cockpit to go under it.

- A better neck joint

- A tighter Gerwalk and fighter mode.

Anything else?

- Anime accurate gun pod. Rectified in the Tornado but.....you still need the extra attachment piece! Grrrrr.

- More detailed cockpit with removable figure. Like the VF-27 and YF-29.

- Attachment points for missiles and/or reactive bombs. It should come with them too and not be part of a latter web exclusive.

You know all the things you usually get on a Yamato release.:lol:

Edited by logos

Call me a happy man, :) there is no way I'm double dipping unless Bandai can make those v2. Messiahs fit with the old super-packs, armored packs, and tornado packs - then for me its worth the risk - no way I'm plunking $900 again. :huh:

I don't see them reusing ANY of the armor or super parts.. or, at least I really hope they don't, because the designs for those were bad to begin with. If they took the time to look over the models, and see all the things that could be improved, they'll know they have to start from the ground up.

I really do want to see a redone armor pack, one that fits properly, and doesn't put stress on the entire backplate just by attaching it. That's what's kept me from buying one all along. The lack of engineering thought Bandai showed in how they implemented the super and armor packs to begin with is one of the primary things I want to see fixed.

Im hoping for a matte texture this time... But I think that's unreasonable for Bandai. I do hope we wont have to wait another 5 months before we see the armored variant released.

So glad I didn't over invest in this series, not.

The only upside to this whole debacle is that I've been too busy to unbox any of them.

Once the v2's come out and have been vetted expect to see my v1's competing against everybody else's in the fire sales :wacko:

IMHO armored Ozma is just too famous/desired to be an exclusive. That's the NORMAL appearance of his valk. Even Bandai wouldn't do something so un-fan-friendly as to make the one everyone wants hard to get. (it'd also limit sales/profit).

Alto only had armor in what, 4 eps? That's "obscure" enough to warrant an exclusive---his usually had the super pack, and thus that's the version that was easy to get.

Well time will tell if this new line succeeds. Bandai is simply pulling out the old saint seiya ex line re-release. I come from a popular ss forum where 90% pretty much own 20+ myth cloths, I don't know until now, what forum member down there is willing to rebuy the whole line because of these new improvements which were major!. (Not too many where thrilled with the idea, we digged the appendix, which made huge improvements, at a low cost without buying a v2 figure)

New body, redesigned armors, more posable, more faces, movable cape. Like I said I see the same thing happening here, unless mw ers have even deeper pockets than I thought, the question I want to ask, how many own all v1 vf25s and are willing to buy again.

Success of bandai making more v2. Vf25 will depend on the improvements, accessories (super packs, armored packs, etc) and durability not to mention price. However seeing how most of us reacted towards bandai's ex saint myth cloth line v2 were not that great, ( I don't speak for a whole forum, just comparing our reactions to a v2 release) in wonder what the future bring to the v2 line.

Just saying. Like I said I ain't buying unless either its compatible with the addons most of us own, or no buy. Is just too much to rebuy (like someone said, damn bandai if they make most addons web tamashii specials..)

Same. Haven't bought a single VF-25 because they looked like crap from the start, and the reports of easy paint chipping and QC issues have done nothing to change my mind.

If a company releases something you deem to be crap, the best thing to do is vote with your wallet and not buy it. Buying crap and then thanking them for it only encourages them to release more crap.

Clearly, Bandai deemed the dissatisfaction with the original VF-25s and the potential profit from releasing a new, improved version to be enough to warrant going ahead with it so soon after the originals came out.

EDIT: Or maybe just the part about profit. :D

Edited by Lolicon

If a company releases something you deem to be crap, the best thing to do is vote with your wallet and not buy it. Buying crap and then thanking them for it only encourages them to release more crap.

Kind of like GM?

I didn't buy the 27 because I bought the 25 V.1 and thought the VF-27 would still be around in the future and at a discount. I think I used that bit of money to get the Yamato VE-1. But to keep the first run greenie exclusive to the loyal few, Bandai should do a slight color change and use the original molds for the re-release.

With V.2 on the way does anyone think Bandai will redo the clear "fold" version of the VF-25?

IMHO armored Ozma is just too famous/desired to be an exclusive. That's the NORMAL appearance of his valk. Even Bandai wouldn't do something so un-fan-friendly as to make the one everyone wants hard to get. (it'd also limit sales/profit).

Alto only had armor in what, 4 eps? That's "obscure" enough to warrant an exclusive---his usually had the super pack, and thus that's the version that was easy to get.

The one that was "easy to get" was the baby-blue-coloured FAST pack set, with the kind of mint green/white valk. That was an after-thought release that looked awful compared to the original VF-25F release with the original web-exclusive FAST packs.

Honestly, I wouldn't b surprised if they pulled even more similar crap this time. They even made the Hi-metal Hikaru VF-1A an exclusive, along with the rest of the 1A's: at this point I think they have as many exclusive items as regulars.

that's my feeling as well.

More than likely we'll see Alto's super VF-25F and Ozma's Armored VF-25S at retail, with corresponding Armored/super bundles or add on packs sold as web exclusives.

what I'm wondering about is whether or not Michael and Luca's valks will get general releases at all.

Edited by anime52k8

Here's another thing I hope they take into consideration. I hope the Galia IV set will still fit with the v.2 releases. I spent good money on that set, and I'm not about to buy it again if it doesn't. I can understand if the armor for the v.1 doesn't fit...the toy maybe retooled in certain places, and to be honest, that armor barely hung on. However, the Galia IV set was just an accessory piece, and was designed to fit onto all the Valks, so I hope they accomodate that.

with LEGS IN THE CORRECT POSITION IN FIGHTER MODE (!)

this and the landing gears are my only real complaints when it comes to fighter mode... otherwise they're pretty solid whenever I want to zoom them around the house. :p

but i desperately want a VF-25 i can play/display in GERWALK and battroid that won't make me want to throw them off a wall. how the paint and the joints on the YF-29 will be are still unknown but i am liking the articulated hands, removable intake covers, convertible to 2-seater cockpit, improved neck and the new crotch lock/positioning... i would assume these will all be incorporated on the v.2 VF-25 along with the removable and better sculpted pilot figure, double-jointed elbows, locking shoulders and the better GERWALK knee articulation that started with the VF-27.

i also fear that Luca's RVF-25 might become an exclusive along with the Super Packs.

Edited by m0n5t3r

this and the landing gears are my only real complaints when it comes to fighter mode... otherwise they're pretty solid whenever I want to zoom them around the house. :p

...and the crap cockpit/pilot sculpt; and the droopy nose; and the up-turned wings; and the too small, improperly angled ventral fins; and the fact that the chest and back plate are identical between all all 4 varients (F,G,S and RVF) which means none of them line up properly with the head.

yeah, those too, but i can consider them nitpicks and not part of "my only real complaints"... like i said, it's a good thing that we're seeing on the DX YF-29 that all the problems the v.1 VF-25 has, whether it be a nitpick for some or a major turn-off for others, are already being addressed...

in the end, everybody'll be happy (as long as you can afford it! :rolleyes: )

Personally, in reference to the online exclusives, I highly doubt they'd make Luca or Michael an exclusive. First of all, there are a LOT of people who prefer the VF-25g sniper variant, and if elintseekers have taught us anything, luca's electronic warfare rvf-25 is popular enough imho to warrant a standard release. Don't know much 'bout armor packs though... :unsure:

Assuming bandai release each and all variants, which would you prefer to buy? <-- This will tell us a lot about the general preferences of the audience of macross frontier

If they pull this off well, I might very well buy them all this time. I bought the movie release Alto because it was so cheap, and a Michael because his colors are just awesome, but all the web exclusive crap just turned me off to most of the others. Honestly? The movie Alto and Michael are the only two valks I saw as coming with a reasonably complete set of accessories. Armor packs deserve the reaction missiles, and Luca is weak without his ghosts. I don't count the speaker set as necessary, because I have a personal vendetta against clip on weapons (after so many Yamato valks came with actual hardpoints, I wanted to slap Bandai for thinking over-wing clips were a viable option).

Luca I may not bother with, but I want a good looking Armored Ozma at the very least, and probably a new Super Alto and Super Michael.

Plus, I wish Bandai would figure out how popular custom schemes can be, and make a few this time... though... unless they get past their obsession with pasting idiotic stickers of characters on aircraft, forget it. I wish they could understand that Macross has a decently large portion of the fanbase who are only really interested in the aircraft, and give them some realistic military styled schemes instead of these stupid character art billboard ones. Given they've got a VF-25 Master File coming out, I hope they have the sense to collaborate with the publishers and come up with some decent custom schemes like they did in the VF-19 book.

Plus, I wish Bandai would figure out how popular custom schemes can be, and make a few this time... though... unless they get past their obsession with pasting idiotic stickers of characters on aircraft, forget it. I wish they could understand that Macross has a decently large portion of the fanbase who are only really interested in the aircraft, and give them some realistic military styled schemes instead of these stupid character art billboard ones. Given they've got a VF-25 Master File coming out, I hope they have the sense to collaborate with the publishers and come up with some decent custom schemes like they did in the VF-19 book.

VF-25 Master File has been out for a few weeks now. It has some schemes in the back, though not was many as in previous books. There are several of the more showy schemes, but also several military-type ones, including a Compass Ghost Grey VF-25A like an F-15, and even one in colors inspired by the VF-11Bs in Macross Plus. The other neat one in there is a VF-25S in Emerald Force colors, replacing Docker's VF-19S. In the text there were many more planes like that, including an SMS YF-29 in an overall grey scheme and plenty of grey VF-25s.

And now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these new DXs turn out and maybe getting a Michel or something that I didn't get the first time around.

VF-25 Master File has been out for a few weeks now. It has some schemes in the back, though not was many as in previous books. There are several of the more showy schemes, but also several military-type ones, including a Compass Ghost Grey VF-25A like an F-15, and even one in colors inspired by the VF-11Bs in Macross Plus. The other neat one in there is a VF-25S in Emerald Force colors, replacing Docker's VF-19S. In the text there were many more planes like that, including an SMS YF-29 in an overall grey scheme and plenty of grey VF-25s.

And now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these new DXs turn out and maybe getting a Michel or something that I didn't get the first time around.

Do you have scans of those?

Do you have scans of those?

I have the actual book. At this time I believe the consensus on the boards is not to provide scans from a publication that is currently in print, especially a recent release.

Bandai, please put more surface details into this version, like the 1/72 model kits. And add finer tampo graphic prints as well.

Take the business model from Yamato and make special versions like a weathered version, cannon fodder version, a Ranka and Sheryl version, a cammo version and so on. ;)