Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

The release date is 5/19/11 and apparently it's in stock at HLJ, AmiAmi, Hobbysearch, etc.

The first thread was all about the pre-release coverage so it's time to start a new one.

It's looking like Yamato has another hit on their hands. ^_^

v1.0 thread moved to The Hall of Super Topics HERE.

Edited by UN Spacy

I pre ordered from AmiAmi, should I have gotten an e-mail?

I jumped the gun...it's only in stock at HLJ for the time being. :lol:

Oh the gun pod transform! Yamato's own site made it looks like two gun pods.

Actually, they did say it transforms –in Japanese though- and the two pics were to show the retractable grip and the two different positions for fighter and battroid modes. They call it "Yamato Orijinarugimikku" aka Yamato Original Gimmik. They also mention the detachable magazine.

Yamato:

ok my advice is to make a non-canon Black Stealth release which has a faceplate permanently stuck on the helmet forever to make it look like a ninja. Black VF-19 Valkrie were support for Basara whenever he needed bodyguards to push Meltran giant aliens back during concerts. Some of them would faint and the danger was that they would accidentally kill the idols as they fell on the stage.

Call it Basara Guard. Let it be the new "Credit Card Valk" that nobody ever got but mass produce it. This is for all those who don't like the blazer's "short wings" and want a fire valk in a different and less flashy scheme. lol

Chuck in a yf-19 gunpod (will these fit in vf-19 hands?) instead of the speaker pod.

The generic pilot would be a basara look-a-like but with a helmet on.

If the fans ever got too crazy and followed in female qrau mecha these guys would have to follow him to ensure he can exit quickly.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Sorry, no review from me just yet. I wanted to do one, but the fates were unkind to me. First my review sample was 2 days late, meaning I'd lost the weekend set side for the review, then I was in hospital got a few days for some minor surgery, them my home internet connection dies :(

Will do one soon though. It really is a kick-ass toy, best Yamato have ever made IMO. The engineering and QC in this toy is top notch. Best VF toy so far.

By the way, the whole back piece is diecast.

Graham

"had to do a double-take... i thought you said "discontinued"...

i'm w/ you there... doesn't have to be discounted like the 22s recently were, but I definitely want to pay less than the $250+ (w/ s/h) it's going for right now.

gotta stop reading eugimon's posts..."

Sorry that was probaly me buying the last two 22's, I' ll have to check my e-mail to see if I got a payment request from HLJ for this masterpiece.

"had to do a double-take... i thought you said "discontinued"...

i'm w/ you there... doesn't have to be discounted like the 22s recently were, but I definitely want to pay less than the $250+ (w/ s/h) it's going for right now.

gotta stop reading eugimon's posts..."

Sorry that was probaly me buying the last two 22's, I' ll have to check my e-mail to see if I got a payment request from HLJ for this masterpiece.

It has come. I pay for it next week after I make my deposit. YES!!!!!!

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Me too, though I'll take blue over red any day. With that being said I've still been finding it hard to resist this toy. I really hope patience does pay off for either that VF-19P, which looked awesome btw, or a discounted Kai at some point. I like this design better than the F/S design....I prefer the long wings and canards of the Kai/E/P to the Blazers.

Chris

... I really hope patience does pay off for either that VF-19P, which looked awesome btw, or a discounted Kai at some point.

ditto.

19P's color scheme and (no face) head design definitely looks better... but i just have this urge to always get a show's main valk.

guys, although the vf-19P red blood is fantastic looking, i wont hold my breath for it to come out. Lets first see how the vf-19 kai does, and then how the blazzer will do, and then they may do others.... but, remember that cost of these is going hgiher and higher, and at 250-300$, for many people already,this is already too much to handle (specially if they got their holy grail sdf-1 at 400$) so more people will be turned off by it, and sales may be affected. So as Graham has said, patience, and if you really have the money and desire for these toys, you have to show your support by buying ALL the versions, including this one, to help Yamato justify making more. I certainly could not do this by the way ;).

Me too, though I'll take blue over red any day. With that being said I've still been finding it hard to resist this toy. I really hope patience does pay off for either that VF-19P, which looked awesome btw, or a discounted Kai at some point. I like this design better than the F/S design....I prefer the long wings and canards of the Kai/E/P to the Blazers.

Chris

True, but at the end of the day it's still Basara, and a gun that fires speaker pods instead of bullets. I'd prefer a military VF-19, which is why I'd opt for the stubby-winged Blazer if I had to choose. It would be ideal if Yamato made some of the Master File variants, but that probably won't happen.