Wave 1/72 VF-4 lightning

seti88

• 3 weeks later...

you know the best thing with that Wave VF-4... is doesnt make the Repptu resin one irrelevant in that it looks so similar it would look fine on display next to one. Major noticable difference is the ram engine intakes are set both into the top side AND the bottom side of the centre wing sections.

I really like the slight differences between this and the resin kit I built (in my signature) they look a lot alike, but with some slight differences. Displaying together they can represent different variants, i.e. a VF-4A and a VF-4G ect. I actually have another one of the resin kits all cleaned up to build and a great idea for a paint scheme (not an F-14 squadron for once, I want to paint it up like Thomas McGuire's WWII ride ) but I may just wait for this kit, as a plastic kit build will be easier then having to pin resin parts into place ect.

This is McGuire's Lightning for those that don't know. I figured it would be one of those anniversary/tribute type scheme's on the Lightning III.

post-265-0-53806000-1474642279_thumb.jpeg

post-265-0-79943500-1474642323_thumb.jpeg

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Hmm, not bad, I would prefer to always error on the side of sleekness if you were to go wrong (which is what they've seem to have done here). However I think the nose is a little too needle-like - a little more VF-1 with that droop would be nice, the canopy seems a bit far back too close to the canards.

Come on Hasegawa; "...your my only hope..."

Oh yeaI Bring it on Wave!!!

Looks better than I had hoped.

• 3 months later...

M-Club is easy to build, the Vinyl one... not so much. I have both and the Resin kit went together in quick time but the Repptu vinyl one is way WAY harder to get looking right and not warped.

The Wave display piece says its coming in 2017 so wait and see I'd say.

• 3 weeks later...

must begin to save money...

• 3 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, NZEOD said:

M-Club is easy to build, the Vinyl one... not so much. I have both and the Resin kit went together in quick time but the Repptu vinyl one is way WAY harder to get looking right and not warped.

The Wave display piece says its coming in 2017 so wait and see I'd say.

Have you ever had the chance to build this version? :

IMG_1528.JPG

43 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I completely forgot about this....I hope the Wave kit is not vapor ware.

Chris

Right? I wasn't a fan of the VF-4 at first, but it's been slowly winning me over in ways. I'd hate to see this just go "poof!", you know?

• 1 month later...

I love the VF-4 - its one of my all time favourites.  I wouldn't mind if they started over as what I've seen didn't excite me at all - the lines and proportions just all seem a little off.  Come Hasegawa, take a crack at this baby please!

I still remember learning about Flashback 2012 as a kid, when all that I knew up to that point was SDFM and DYRL. I was fascinated by the image of the VF-4 and hoped it would mean a whole new movie or TV series. I was disappointed to learn that it was just a short film, but I never lost my interest in the VF-4. I'm also a bit wary of the test shots of the Wave model, and while I would love to see a Hasegawa version (with lots of limited edition squadron schemes!), I'm guessing that won't happen, and we'll have to be patient with Wave.

• 1 month later...