Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

can we just talk for a second how this is basically a variable figher version of a SAAB Draken, and is therefore the most awesome thing they could possibly include in a Macross series? Can David get in here to back me up on this?

bild_3.jpg

You haven't watched Macross-7 ???

On second thought, you're better off not to have, anyway...

:bump:

:5:

I did tried to watch Macross 7, and I couldn't even finish it. People say it gets better in the second half, but i was going...wtf am I watching the entire time. :lol:

The other thing is why r the designations SV. Ie anti UN spacey. They existed prior sdfm as per continuity, but suddenly popping up here years after frontier?

I thought the anti-UN elements never went away even after Space War I, how they survived the destruction of Earth is anyone's guess.

can we just talk for a second how this is basically a variable figher version of a SAAB Draken, and is therefore the most awesome thing they could possibly include in a Macross series? Can David get in here to back me up on this?

Old school! Hope they make some like the F-16 or F-4 in the next series. Or even the famous F-14... :rolleyes:

Wait what?! :lol: Guess, I just miss the simple looking Valks. ;)

*snip*

I thought the lead was blue and gold? j/k :p We just need a Shin Kazama type guest appearance now.

Edited by wmkjr

bild_3.jpg

And now i want an sv-262 in that red and white scheme.

From looks alone, the Draken is my all time favorite real world fighter.

Yeah its right up there for me also! Not quite the top but pretty darn close.. There are so many fighters from around that era that are amazing designs! Its probably too hard to actually choose a No.1 fav!

man i take a couple days to do real life stuff and all these new things are announced....So, i'm not in love with the deco but super happy to see a new general shape/aesthetic to valks. even the vf-31 looks "frontier derivative" to me. bring this on..hopefully there will be canon fodder variants or something.

Ehhhhhh it's not my favorite fighter in the world. Kind of an ugly bird imo.

+1 I never cared for the design, but I do like that Kawamori is looking at some of the old fighters for inspiration and variety. I hope the SV-262 surprises with a novel transformation.

Though I'm not crazy about the plane itself, I like the two-tone grey scheme with the big orange 1 on the wing...sharp.

One other thing I just thought of; by virtue of the legs containing the engines, it looks like the 262 will have two exhausts rather than the single engine exhaust of the Draken. Two engines are preferable...in real world and Macross. ;)

I am really liking the Draken III, nice departure from standard Valk designs.

As for the toy, I am hoping that the accent colors (Gold,white, etc) will be painted, but with that this fighter will be a scratch magnet.

I am in for each version that is released. i just wonder if Bandai will pull something like what they did what the VF-27 where the leader fighter has its own release and the other Valks is one release but includes a sticker sheet to customize?

Edited by Saburo

The old F-4....quite a bird in its day. But yeah, it's a brick.

I'd like to see Kawamori do an A-10 based valk...I don't care what kind of story he'd have to make up to justify it. For now, I'm happy with Combiner Wars Powerglide.

I'd also love to see a Ho-229 based valk...really old school, but a flying wing valk would be different from just about anything else he's done, other than the FBz-99G, which is one of his weakest designs IMHO-quite fugly. If he could incorporate the legs into a really streamlined aircraft, that would be a must-have valk. There are so many 5th and 6th gen concepts and designs that would be great to see in valk form... a helicopter would be nice to see, too. I still like his Gazette (TF Whirl) design from Dorvack.

I'd also welcome a Macross installment where the story is more terrestrial...maybe a rogue group of Zentraedi have a land claim that's in dispute, requiring variable tanks to fight the big guys in their new variable battle pods, or variable motorcycle armor. I just want more transforming vehicle types in the Macross universe.

Like everyone else, I'm really curious to see the SV-262's transformation into battroid; I hope it's unconventional and cool.

The old F-4....quite a bird in its day. But yeah, it's a brick.

I'd like to see Kawamori do an A-10 based valk...I don't care what kind of story he'd have to make up to justify it. For now, I'm happy with Combiner Wars Powerglide.

I'd also love to see a Ho-229 based valk...really old school, but a flying wing valk would be different from just about anything else he's done, other than the FBz-99G, which is one of his weakest designs IMHO-quite fugly. If he could incorporate the legs into a really streamlined aircraft, that would be a must-have valk. There are so many 5th and 6th gen concepts and designs that would be great to see in valk form... a helicopter would be nice to see, too. I still like his Gazette (TF Whirl) design from Dorvack.

I'd also welcome a Macross installment where the story is more terrestrial...maybe a rogue group of Zentraedi have a land claim that's in dispute, requiring variable tanks to fight the big guys in their new variable battle pods, or variable motorcycle armor. I just want more transforming vehicle types in the Macross universe.

Like everyone else, I'm really curious to see the SV-262's transformation into battroid; I hope it's unconventional and cool.

I didn't know Kawamori designed that one. Cool. ;)

I didn't know Kawamori designed that one. Cool. ;)

I knew there was a reason why I was drawn to the Gazette.

I no longer have the original, but the recent TF Generations 30th scratched my itch enough.

May not be true to the original design, but certainly has a boat load more articulation.

And it's one of the few mechs I don't mind letting my pre-schooler mess with.

I am really like the Draken III, nice departure from standard Valk designs.

As for the toy, I am hoping that the accent colors (Gold,white, etc) will be painted, but with that this fighter will be a scratch magnet.

I am in for each version that is released. i just wonder if Bandai will pull something like what they did what the VF-27 where the leader fighter has its own release and the other Valks is one release but includes a sticker sheet to customize?

yes almost a refreshing feeling to be getting something different eh! ^_^

I will also be in for what ever they release! Bring it (all) on! :D

It looks like a flying bathtub.

f4a.jpg

yeah the F4 Phantom was a fairly aerodynamically complicated aircraft.. with many desirable and undesirable flying characteristics. An extensive list of varying military requirements led to many design compromises which caused problems but it grew into a very competent and sturdy platform as long as one acknowledged and respected its strengths and weaknesses. Many pilots loved it and many pilots hated it. Which is a very common scenario throughout military aviation history. Similar thing with the Tomcat and its replacement Super Hornet for example.

yeah the F4 Phantom was a fairly aerodynamically complicated aircraft.. with many desirable and undesirable flying characteristics. An extensive list of varying military requirements led to many design compromises which caused problems but it grew into a very competent and sturdy platform as long as one acknowledged and respected its strengths and weaknesses. Many pilots loved it and many pilots hated it. Which is a very common scenario throughout military aviation history. Similar thing with the Tomcat and its replacement Super Hornet for example.

Who hated the Tomcat?!?!?

I want their name, address and postcode!

Yes, it will nice to have something different and i am curious to see how the transformation will be.

With a centralised thruster configuration at the rear, i would expect arms not fold into the center of the fuselage.

But rather lay parallel with the legs in flight mode. Would be interesting to see how the arms fold underneath in flight mode.

Logically, in flight mode, it should be able to have arms free without even needing to transform into GERWALK mode.

post-15116-0-89385100-1446258612.jpg

The maintenance crew. :lol:

Yeah ok maybe. It was a labour intensive jet - particularly at the end but her personality transcended all that and left her possibly the most celebrated and best loved USN fighter of all time. Those maintenance crews probably get all misty eyed now about working on a "real" machine vs the plug it into the diagnostic computer approach that the bug and super bug have brought to the fleet.

Sorry to go all off topic - I'm a little bit sensitive about the F-14 (and a lifetime member in good standing of the F-14 Tomcat Association to boot)

Back on topic, to quote from the Delta thread..

Anybody else hope the SV-262 Draken III is packing a sword?

Hey they are flown by Knights.

I think that would be a very cool idea. A Gundam style beam sword or a solid object with pinpoint-barrier style effect maybe?!?

Either way, could be cool!

And the Phantom proves that even a brick will fly, given enough thrust.

But that's another thread.

I hear about a story regarding an Israeli F-15 that was able to RTB with one of its wing missing completely. The pilot pretty much just kept the plane flying through high thrust from his engines.

The pilot got demoted for endangering himself and the base by bringing a bang up F-15 back (he should've ejected), but then got promoted again for bringing the plane back safely. :lol: Or so the story goes anyway.

Yeah ok maybe. It was a labour intensive jet - particularly at the end but her personality transcended all that and left her possibly the most celebrated and best loved USN fighter of all time. Those maintenance crews probably get all misty eyed now about working on a "real" machine vs the plug it into the diagnostic computer approach that the bug and super bug have brought to the fleet.

Sorry to go all off topic - I'm a little bit sensitive about the F-14 (and a lifetime member in good standing of the F-14 Tomcat Association to boot)

Back on topic, to quote from the Delta thread..

I think that would be a very cool idea. A Gundam style beam sword or a solid object with pinpoint-barrier style effect maybe?!?

Either way, could be cool!

I think a solid sword with pintpoint-barrier coating would works. The SV-262 can store the sword at the usual place at the shield, and when it pull it out the cross-guard can open up and the blade can extent Esacaflowne style.

A western style blade would really fit with the whole knightly order thing the Draken III boys got going on.