Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

I hope they fix the back head cover on this one as the older one I have problem closing it down in Battroid mode. Also the older one has problem of stress mark and cracking on the arm. Might order this one as well. A 1/60 even in GERWALK mode would be awesome.

1391867_10151724992802861_418227161_n.jp

I'm glad everyone will get a chance to grab one. It really is a great piece. When you pick it up you realize you could use it as a weapon.

I think my YF-29 has a perfectly fine nose cone to stab somebody's eye out :X

But yeah, figures with weight to them are awesome! (Hope to own a Fewture EX Gokin one day but I think its way too expensive)

I'm tempted as well; never got the original. I have the old Yammie, and while it's a cool figure, the Bandai version is definitely a step up in every way except size, and would be a welcome addition to my collection. Plus, I think the VB-6 is one of SK's most interesting designs.

I'm tempted as well; never got the original. I have the old Yammie, and while it's a cool figure, the Bandai version is definitely a step up in every way except size, and would be a welcome addition to my collection. Plus, I think the VB-6 is one of SK's most interesting designs.

Mind sharing with me the sizes of the two aforementioned releases :D Big toys (and weighty) toys are always awesome!

It is a shame that is not in scale 1/60....

If you have the kind of room it would take to display such a monster (pun intended), then a tip of the hat to you, good sir. And how much would the MSRP be for such a beast, +/-120000 JPY? And the shipping... :wacko:

If you have the kind of room it would take to display such a monster (pun intended), then a tip of the hat to you, good sir. And how much would the MSRP be for such a beast, +/-120000 JPY? And the shipping... :wacko:

but, it would be in scale. :p

It's just too bad all the toys that scale well with it are crap.

if it were to model kit , I think it would be much cheaper, the price it would take as reference to gundam PG kit, 30000 JPY max. ;) I know it, please let me dream, this price for the Monster never the price will never be this....

Wasn't there a version that sported a pair of Gatling guns in battroid mode in the movie?

I was hopping it would include a pair of extra arms, giving the 2000 yen higher pre-tax list price v.s. the original SP version.

The original was released at Sept 2010, and I bought mine at March 2011 at 30% off so it linger in stores for a while. The market really gone stupid after YF-29 release in Jun 2011, although the VF-25 DX ver 1 was going for fairly high price before that.

ShqvTe.jpgDX Chogokin Macross Frontier VB-6 Koenig Monster Ver. 23,760yen

Regarding the bracing arm which lowers to floor level, was that a problem on previous releases? I seem to recall some people had trouble getting it to lower all the way down.

From the picture, that looks like it has been improved. Unless I'm mistaken and people were just doing it wrong lol.

Well, I don't know for certain, but if you look at that picture with the bracing arm lowered, notice how far apart the legs are splayed, that may be the only way that arm reaches the ground. I have my doubts that the toy can actually have such a wide stance and still maintain balance, though.

I think on the current model, the bracing arm/ plate is a little short.

28083_10151187932857861_1701935845_n.jpg

From this photo, the metal arm is attached at a different point on the bracer plate.

Is that a Robot Damashii VF-25F or DX? I have no clue how big the Monster is so :X

It is sir. The size is similar to 1/100 transformable VF-25 that I used to have. That should make the scale of the Konig 1/100 as well.

It almost touch the glass top in the Detolf cabinet.

734886_10151223138397861_1159989116_n.jp

Would not be complete without the Monster Girl.

553104_10151331848102861_128338688_n.jpg