Tamashii Webshop Exclusive RVF-171EX Luca Angeloni

Gakken85

So, who is going to place a preorder on this toy without knowing if the infernal triangles were fixed?

I'll probably bite, as I'm a sucker for the 171 design and the fact it's an online exclusive. If nobody preorders, these babies will be hard to find once they're out in the wild. It's a die if you do die if you don't scenario.

Guest davidwhangchoi

the next question is will the triangles crack and crumble. i want to get it, but not until i know it's stable... fool me once. shame on you! fool me twice...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

the next question is will the triangles crack and crumble. i want to get it but not until i know.

Truly, I'm of the same mind.

But if Bandai comes out and makes a statement specifically about those defective pieces from the CF 171 then that means they acknowledge the problem. If that's something they'd do then cool but my guess is we'll just have to assume the problem is fixed or take our 50/50 chance on the purchase.

Oh crap you're right. But it didnt have any gunpod in when it appeared in the show so its ok for me. Whats interesting that i found out because of that panic moment is that the fin rotates and folds when using the landing gear. And I'd like to find out how would bandai engineer the stand for this.

Yeah, my post was meant to be very tongue-in-cheek and I think you're right about the animation (but I don't remember).

Re: the fin on the RVF-25 was further back so the existing 25 stand worked just fine (that's how I have mine displayed, in Fighter with fin down). Maybe it will have to displayed on the stand with the fin up.

-b.

The crumbling triangles is probably why this is a web exclusive this time. Bandai knows we have to get these right away or risk not getting them at all later on. If bandai hadn't made this a web exclusive, very few people would get it right away. Most would wait to hear reports of triangle breakages before purchasing.

I'll probably get two. So I can display one with the Radome/Antenna and another plain with the gunpod as I REALLY like the White on Green scheme and think it would look great plain without the add-ons.

Edited by Mommar

I might do the same actually, would love to remove the dish and fin, but hate risking ruining the only one I have.

Would also give me another testbed for making my own triangles. I have a plan for the lower ones, but need to experiment with replacements for the uppers. Maybe I need to just transform my CF until it breaks for extra motivation. :lol:

The white EX schemes look a lot better than the CF green IMO.

Agree to an extent, maybe if the CF-171 had another color to break up the solid green it'd hands down be my favorite color of 171.

Anyways, I wish this one had a different/variant head but that's really and truly minor nit-pick. Also really dig how this looks in Battroid, I just hope that this thing can stand straight - my other 17i's have a helluva time standing properly (around the chest and how the cockpit folds in/upwards).

-b.

At some angles looks like a 7/11 Gundam special :p

LOL, I was going to say close but not enough red;

post-357-0-70924900-1400908610.gif

Then I found these;

post-357-0-00190100-1400908759_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-81160500-1400908763_thumb.jpg

Didn't know there was such a thing until now.

Sorry to spam with the non-Luca 171 pics!!!!!

-b.

Agree to an extent, maybe if the CF-171 had another color to break up the solid green it'd hands down be my favorite color of 171.

Anyways, I wish this one had a different/variant head but that's really and truly minor nit-pick. Also really dig how this looks in Battroid, I just hope that this thing can stand straight - my other 17i's have a helluva time standing properly (around the chest and how the cockpit folds in/upwards).

-b.

yeah, the VF-171EX looks good on the shelf but it is NOT a fun toy to handle. I think I'll be getting one mostly because of the ELINT Factor.

yeah, the VF-171EX looks good on the shelf but it is NOT a fun toy to handle. I think I'll be getting one mostly because of the ELINT Factor.

What do you mean by handle? It poses great in all three modes. Now transforming it completely sucks.

What do you mean by handle? It poses great in all three modes. Now transforming it completely sucks.

My two CF-171's pose like crap in Battroid mode, and my Alto VF-171EX has been in Fighter so long I don't think it's capable of transforming to anything else. And yeah, transforming the 171 is the, or one of, the worst.

-b.

I consider Transforming handling. Also, getting it into poses without partially transforming it by accident or sending some random piece flying across the room is a challenge.

Edited by anime52k8

I never had a transformation problem after I figured out the process. I think the VF-171 is one of the funnest.

Too bad the CF's just left a bad taste in the mouth.

I truly hope they don't F*** this up.

I agree, exploding triangles have a bad flavor, I don't care for the texture either :p

What? This is going to be a web exclusive?

Noooooooo...

The one time I want something to be a general release and they make it a web exclusive. My plan was to not pre-order and just wait until it got in people's hands to see if it still suffered from the same breakage problems as the 171 CF.

Darn you, Bandai! *shakes fist* Evil bastards.

Guest davidwhangchoi

What? This is going to be a web exclusive?

Noooooooo...

The one time I want something to be a general release and they make it a web exclusive. My plan was to not pre-order and just wait until it got in people's hands to see if it still suffered from the same breakage problems as the 171 CF.

Darn you, Bandai! *shakes fist* Evil bastards.

i think it'll be more avail at a decent aftermarket price as the isamu 29 is so i wouldn't worry. wen exclusive tend to hover at retail price a bit like shelf warmers