Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

I left the parts on for awhile in Gerwalk and Battroid (as that's what I have the F and G posed in on my shelf at the moment.) After watching the flex of the plastic in both modes for awhile I've elected to leave the wing parts off on both. The F has on the new armor bits and cannons and the G has kept it's Super Parts with only the addition of the back cannons. The wings are too heavy for me to trust leaving on, and the attachments on the wingroots for both are super flimsy too. I'm really not happy with this release at all. Way too dangerous and half-assed.

My Tornado Parts arrived today (had to pay $20 taxes and fees <_< ). Hadn't time to put them on yet since my VF-25G is sporting the Super Parts which I really like due to the pallet swap. The package arrived in very good shape from NY.

While I was inspecting the parts I noticed that the support pieces and the piece for gun attachment where in a small bag that was taped to the plastic tray. This seems to indicate to me that those parts where an afterthought and Bandai realized that the parts where too heavy without the additional support.

I think they where trying to do them without any additional parts but came to the conclusion that they need the support for decent handling. The same goes for the piece that attaches the gun-pod/sniper rifle to the forearms. All those parts gonna be a nightmare to keep track off. :angry:

My VF-25g Tornado Messiah is too large for my display cabinets. Damn you Kawamori! :(:angry:

Maybe I will remove the VTOL nacelles. That might be a good idea considering how heavy the parts are (I will display mine in Battroid-Mode).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sigh...freakin DenDenHobby is still holding onto my parts!! Not happy with them, but they are telling me if I don't get it this week they'll open up a case...Personally I'll just cancel my order and order it from NY....AHHHHH!!!!!! <_<

Well I just checked the USPS site and apparently my Tornado Parts have finally arrived!! Can't wait to get them on Monday and swap out the Super parts for the Tornado ones!! Now if only NY will ship out my VF-19 Kai...damn FPO AP addresses slows things down every once in a while....

• 4 months later...

Bit of thread necromancy, but---now that people have had them a while, what are your thoughts? N-Y and Mandarake still have them available, at not TOO bad of a price premium. I'm considering buying them for my Alto. I've already got Super and Armored packs for my Alto, and while I've never been a big fan of the Tornado packs---

1. Bandai seems to have done a very nice job on them.

2. It's the only thing I don't have for my Alto---it's somewhat "incomplete" without that set.

I think they are great. I had a set on my alto for months without any issues. With the missile pods attached I would say they are comparable to the armored pack wings in weight. As far as the gerwalk brace, it is cumbersome but I would rather have it than not. For something I will only swoosh or transform a few times a year, if that, the braces don't bother me that much. If it looks good on the shelf, I am ok with them.

I like the look of them. It was used in the movie quite a bit, so +1 for "completing" your alto. I do think the 25g blends better with the blue color scheme, but you can't knock bandai for that. The 25f tornado pack is screen accurate.

Edit: Speaking of which, please reissue the 25G. It would be nice to complete my Frontier cast before the premiere of Delta.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Bit of thread necromancy, but---now that people have had them a while, what are your thoughts? N-Y and Mandarake still have them available, at not TOO bad of a price premium. I'm considering buying them for my Alto. I've already got Super and Armored packs for my Alto, and while I've never been a big fan of the Tornado packs---

1. Bandai seems to have done a very nice job on them.

2. It's the only thing I don't have for my Alto---it's somewhat "incomplete" without that set.

Even heavier than armor parts?

I really like the Tornado parts and I have had them on my 25s (fighter mode) since they were released and haven't seen signs of any problems since I equipped them. I did however have to make a slight fix to my Alto ver. to keep wing parts from pivoting down. The pivioting was due to some wear on the attachment slots on my Alto which I bought used. I have made the same fix to the 25G and the locks in nicely.

I checked them fairly recently when I was putting them on YetiStands and everything is holding up well.

As for weight

Tornado Wing part (Intake pods and missile pod equipped) > Armored wing part

Tornado Wing part (no intake pods and missile pod) < Armored wing part

I don't own the armor parts, because I don't like the way they look, so I can't comment. All I know is that I like the way Alto's looks with the packs in Gerwalk and that awful solution for stability forces it to be locked into a single position plus I noticed some Massive flexing at the little wing hinges and felt they weren't safe to leave on. In addition, it doesn't necessarily matter if your 25 is used or not because my wing parts were loose on both the Alto and Michael and I don't own any Armor or Super Parts for my Alto so there wasn't any wear there. I didn't even want to leave them on in fighter mode personally.

Edited by Mommar

I don't own the armor parts, because I don't like the way they look, so I can't comment. All I know is that I like the way Alto's looks with the packs in Gerwalk and that awful solution for stability forces it to be locked into a single position plus I noticed some Massive flexing at the little wing hinges and felt they weren't safe to leave on. In addition, it doesn't necessarily matter if your 25 is used or not because my wing parts were loose on both the Alto and Michael and I don't own any Armor or Super Parts for my Alto so there wasn't any wear there. I didn't even want to leave them on in fighter mode personally.

Used was bad choice of words when I posted, a better description would be worn. When I tried the Tornado parts on the G (used) I noticed that it was much tighter compared to the F (used). I can only assume is that the F had a bit more wear on the attachment points. I still applied the fix to the G to make sure the tabs and slots were secure. Not sure what ever the cause of the loose connection, the fix has been working well for me.

Edited by Saburo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...