Custom scratch built 1/60 Zentradi Uniform for VF-1A TV Max

erikos0311

Hi guys,

I really dont know if this is the right place to start this thread but I figured I can just move it to its correct place if its not.

After a couple of years of looking to buy one of the original Yamato Zentradi uniforms and coming up with nothing, I had completely given up on ever getting one..... and then all of the sudden it hit me.......I totally had forgotten that my mother is a seamstress!!! lol, I guess It never crossed my mind. So a couple of months before the CON, I contacted my mother in another state (TX) and sent her some pictures on my phone of the original Yamato Zentradi suit and mailed her a DYRL Kakizaki for her to use as a model for measurements..... yes, I shipped Kakizaki just in case the package didnt get to her or got lost on the way. lol (dont judge me lol) anywho.....

She took some time to work up to this and she almost gave up towards the end. So when I told her I was going to the MW Con and that i wanted to take this to share for the display section, she finished it....!

When i got the suit back I was really surprised at the amount of detail she put into this. Off course its not perfect and there are little things she would do better next time around, but anyways.... So I got lots of compliments at the CON this past week and I even turned down some offers to buy. So I am thinking about asking you guys what you think and to see if there are any members here who would be interested in purchasing one of these and more or less how much you guys are willing to pay. I have never really posted anything like this before and so I just want to see if there is any interest at all to try to maybe get 10 or 20 orders so It would be worth the hassle. Take in mind that I still have to figure out how much the cost for materials would be plus labor etc.

This is a 3 piece suit that includes....

-The main coat with the Zentradi shield on the left breast pocket with zipper and inner layer. (like a real coat) lol

-Inner vest (the original yamato has half of the vest soan in to the inner layers of the main coat. This uniform has its own separate vest.

-2 separate Leg-ins (pants) with velcro attached to the knee high portion of the openings so they stay on the valk.

-1 military styled hat with zentradi logo.

here are some pictures from the CON, but I will take separate pictures of each piece of the uniform tomorrow.

once again, im open to all questions, comments, concerns, & critiques...and if you think you might be interested in one, just shoot me a PM or post +1

Hi guys,

I really dont know if this is the right place to start this thread but I figured I can just move it to its correct place if its not.

After a couple of years of looking to buy one of the original Yamato Zentradi uniforms and coming up with nothing, I had completely given up on ever getting one..... and then all of the sudden it hit me.......I totally had forgotten that my mother is a seamstress!!! lol, I guess It never crossed my mind. So a couple of months before the CON, I contacted my mother in another state (TX) and sent her some pictures on my phone of the original Yamato Zentradi suit and mailed her a DYRL Kakizaki for her to use as a model for measurements..... yes, I shipped Kakizaki just in case the package didnt get to her or got lost on the way. lol (dont judge me lol) anywho.....

She took some time to work up to this and she almost gave up towards the end. So when I told her I was going to the MW Con and that i wanted to take this to share for the display section, she finished it....!

When i got the suit back I was really surprised at the amount of detail she put into this. Off course its not perfect and there are little things she would do better next time around, but anyways.... So I got lots of compliments at the CON this past week and I even turned down some offers to buy. So I am thinking about asking you guys what you think and to see if there are any members here who would be interested in purchasing one of these and more or less how much you guys are willing to pay. I have never really posted anything like this before and so I just want to see if there is any interest at all to try to maybe get 10 or 20 orders so It would be worth the hassle. Take in mind that I still have to figure out how much the cost for materials would be plus labor etc.

This is a 3 piece suit that includes....

-The main coat with the Zentradi shield on the left breast pocket with zipper and inner layer. (like a real coat) lol

-Inner vest (the original yamato has half of the vest soan in to the inner layers of the main coat. This uniform has its own separate vest.

-2 separate Leg-ins (pants) with velcro attached to the knee high portion of the openings so they stay on the valk.

-1 military styled hat with zentradi logo.

here are some pictures from the CON, but I will take separate pictures of each piece of the uniform tomorrow.

once again, im open to all questions, comments, concerns, & critiques...and if you think you might be interested in one, just shoot me a PM or post +1

post-15185-0-22438000-1381640734_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-39562100-1381640751_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-50088400-1381640771_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-25375000-1381640791_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-62393800-1381640813_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-17220400-1381640866_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-41734600-1381640880_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-60933500-1381640898_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-67995400-1381640996_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-93302400-1381642140_thumb.jpg

Edited by erikos0311

I'd be interested. I think you should make a interest thread and start a list.

Then find out how much it's worth to your mom to make a bunch!

Where should I post it? Buy/sell thread ??

It very cool erikos ... but ultimately its going to come down to the price.... as like you said the labor of your mum is a huge factor in that , how long does it take her to make one and calculate that by per/h that she happy with , and added materials.... Well good luck on it ...

Yeah exo, right next to my vf-1s gerwalk and the vf-0a!! I guess that's a good thing if you thought this was an original huh?!? :) lol

I looked at the VF-0 and said that's gonna win... what's this doing here? *points at zentradi suit max* lol.

I looked at the VF-0 and said that's gonna win... what's this doing here? *points at zentradi suit max* lol.

Too funny EXO... I didn't really know where the line was that divided the customs from the displays!! Lol

I just set them all in one spot...

Looks great. You need the little black markings on the knees.

attachicon.gif13100.jpgattachicon.gifnew duds.JPGattachicon.gifuniform1.JPGattachicon.gifuniform2.JPGattachicon.gifuniform4.JPG

You are right EXO, that and the right breast pocket as well. I talked to my business partner (aka "mom") the other day regarding some mods and things that she wanted to do but did not have enough time to complete and for the next ones she will be using mini zippers, include real pockets in each side pocket and upper right breast pocket.

She will also make the jacket collar smaller and the white edging thiner and smaller.

Was the cap off because you didn't put the hole to put the head laser thru? That's one of the problems with the 1/48 version I had. I wonder if max just blasted a hole when he was putting it on his valkyrie... lol. Yamato put that hole in their version. Sounds like it's gonna be awesome. She should make it in both scales.

Was the cap off because you didn't put the hole to put the head laser thru? That's one of the problems with the 1/48 version I had. I wonder if max just blasted a hole when he was putting it on his valkyrie... lol. Yamato put that hole in their version. Sounds like it's gonna be awesome. She should make it in both scales.

Yeah I had max holding the hat on his left hand at the CON so you could see the VF-1a's face. The cap in my opinion came out a little big but I guess it's a matter of taste. I noted to my mom that the hat should be scaled down a bit and to leave an opening for the laser antenna. I've never seen a yamato suit in person so I was not aware of the hole. Thanks EXO for the "heads-up"! No pun intended! LoL.

I think the 1/48 suits are very possible. Intact I think they will be a little easier to make because my mother was telling me that since the 1/60 is so small, the sowing machine was having a tuff time getting into the little cranies and edges of the

Uniform. But I think they will be a little more expensive due to the use of more materials, cloth,

Bigger zippers etc..

I really appreciate everyone's comments and advice on this. I wanted to give everyone here an opportunity to own a suit since I hardly ever see them around the forums and since I know the yamato release where scarce. I just hope the price is something we can all agree on. I will talk to my mom tomorrow regarding the final price and other adjustments and hopefully come up with a base price! :)

hi,

I was thinking, since you are making new copies of this, y not make it better than the original by adding velcro instead a zip. Just my 2cents. =)

Hm...... Well the inner vest does use Velcro instead of a zipper but I personally like the zipper on the outside, on the other hand,It would be more convenient with Velcro. So maybe what I will do is give the option to put either or.

Great idea !