Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Yup, gear bays are pink. Happens with some Bandai Gundam kits too. (Bandai has like 4 or so "white" plastic colors (ignoring intentionally very light grey bits for contrast for RG). There's green-white, pink-white, purple-white, and I can't remember the other (which I consider the most "neutral" white)

The VF-25F kit I know is purple-white. I recall lots of MG kits being green-white.

Interesting, I hadn't even noticed a hue to those parts. It's not like I spent any time looking inside the landing gear bays but still, odd. My personal opinion is that if the missiles do have a hue (mine are in the box) then that's way more egregious an oversight.

Arcadia, sigh.

-b.

Hrmm, the one I opened went back in to the box before I could even check that out. I wonder if the type of lighting makes a difference from cfl, LED , to plain ole classic light bulb.

The type of lighting will certainly play a factor in how easy it is to see, but the hue will be there.

FWIW I looked using a LED Flashlight and saw the off-color-white.

-b.

I still have not taken my other Arcadia releases out of the boxes... So I have not had a chance to notice. So far I bought them all including the circus anniversary edition VF-1J. That one was just to show Arcadia support for taking over after Yamato went down.

I tried to do some cosmetic improvements to the YF-19's gunpod which I felt was lacking in detail. Repainted the red sensor in the front with chrome silver and clear red and added decals.

DSC_6088.jpg

Great idea to get that vent look with the decals. I can't believe I never thought of this before. Consider this idea stolen.

That gun looks awesome MJ! I wish I could try to do it too. I like painting models but I get scared with expensive Valkyries.

Well, the gunpod is pretty hard to mess up. I say give it a try!

Here's my gunpod in use after I finished weathering and clearcoating it.

YG-19_YF-21_Battroid_01.jpg

More pics here in another thread.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

are there any chances of a new re-issue (of this same arcadia version) of this yf-19 for this xmas?

:rolleyes:

thanks!

Hi everyone,

are there any chances of a new re-issue (of this same arcadia version) of this yf-19 for this xmas?

:rolleyes:

thanks!

Might not be for Christmas per say, but there's always a chance - I would guess no, but who knows. Your best bet may just to keep an eye out on Mandarake. As updates of Bandai's VF-19 come out the price could drop on the secondary market.

-b.

Maybe use some super glue or something to tighten the hole in the handle or thicken the peg on the hand?

Mine is tight enough with just the thumb and index finger in place that it can hold the gunpod without even closing the bottom three fingers around the handle.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

• 2 weeks later...

That is something that can be done on Shapeways, but you will have to sand and paint the pieces. Or just order a colored material, but the surface is not very smooth.

If you want a good, finished replacement parts, you can ask to commission a guy here who owns a 3D printer and have it done entirely ;) (Chaotic Yeti by exemple)

Edited by Xigfrid

I would not be satisfied with a 3d printed intake cover from shapeways, or from my 3d printer. It is too small of a peice, and too prominent. For something like that, your best bet would be making one by hand with plasticard, or getting someone to duplicate theirs with resin.

If you can measure each section of the three sections of the intake cover, you can cut them out off an acrylic sheet of the same thickness and cement them together to form the same shape (using the flip side of the cutouts since they're just mirror images). Putty up and sand where necessary and then prime and spray with the closest grey you can find.

I did that with one of my old YF-19 which had a missing intake cover. It's not exactly the same, but it was the best that I could do. The indents and the grooves between each section were done using a metal file.

4.jpg

(Left side is the scratched built one)

Edited by close313

If you can measure each section of the three sections of the intake cover, you can cut them out off an acrylic sheet of the same thickness and cement them together to form the same shape (using the flip side of the cutouts since they're just mirror images). Putty up and sand where necessary and then prime and spray with the closest grey you can find.

I did that with one of my old YF-19 which had a missing intake cover. It's not exactly the same, but it was the best that I could do. The indents and the grooves between each section were done using a metal file.

4.jpg

That came out really well!

4.jpg

For a minute there I thought it was a photo of your battered wallet after black friday. :lol: Should scroll down instead of up next time.