Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

Haha so happens i am actually letting go of my macross collection. Still keeping my macross frontier collection though :)

I just listed them on ebay albeit not at the crazy prices others have listed so do take a look.

I do believe the listings are set for domestic buyers atm coz do not know how to set for international buyer yet :p

Just drop me a pm on ones you want! :)

.....Hmm just sold my VT-1 at $277, much lower than this ken tung guy! :o

http://www.ebay.com.sg/sch/shawnlee1981/m.html?item=261201427502&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Yeah, in case anyone's wondering, i do ship internationally. Just drop me a message and i can give a shipping estimate. Eg. Shipping to the US is a bit pricey at $65 for the first set, but any additional sets shipped together costs $25 a piece :) Also just added my VF-4G to the list as he seems very lonely without any other Yamato VFs around.

Oh ya, on a side note, am i in violation of any rules posting my ebay list here? Just thought that the topic was similar to my post so that's why i just posted my mesg here.

Edited by shawnlee1981

Tis' a sad state of affairs :(

Come back Yamato, all is forgiven. We promise we'll buy more to keep you in business and we won't take you for granted.

Graham

don't want to give anyone any false hope or anything but there's a tweet by arcadia from 4/12 that quotes a mr. k saying "i look forward to our continued relationship"

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/322615526583070720

Edited by cyde01

Yup, from Singapore :) Do feel sad/ reluctant to let them go, as i do love them, especially the SDF-1 and VF-4G. Reason for letting go, haha the common ones, lets see:

1) Girlfriend is complaining of my excessive collection-checked!

2) Running out of space-checked!

3) Hmm would like to say saving up for Macross Frontier but they are already almost complete, so most likely will use it to fund my Fewture Getter figs (they cost bloody $450 a piece!) - checked!

Oh which ones do you feel are on the high side? I do try to keep my price as similar to what i paid for them including shipping, albeit a bit of mark up on some due to the sky high price around to balance out some figs which i have to lower similarly due to the low interest in them :)

Always nice to meet a fellow Singaporean toy collector on an intl board.

1) Haha, I know the feeling. I'm fortunate my wife is pretty okay with my hobby (she does occasionally nag at my growing collection of toys, because I refuse to throw most boxes). We're looking to get a custom display cabinet done up for both out collections.

2) With our small flats.. I totally concur..

3) I've gotten into Frontier collecting only recently, thanks to the YF-29 30th Anniversary, and managing to snag all the recent renewals and reissues, so I too am almost done. Collecting multiple toyline can indeed be expensive (Fewtures?.. ouch!)

Oh, I didn't mean that your prices were too high in general, it's just that it's beyond my current expenses. Also, among your collection that I already own, I got those at pretty good discounts (HLJ sales, HK Collectible discounts, and other places), cause I'm a cheap bastard ;)

Good luck with the sales though, I'll be keeping a lookout in case I break and decide to snag 1 or 2 of the items in there.

Frankly, i wouldn't be too surprised if Arcadia did continue Yamato's work of making awesome Valks.

I'm curious though, how will those who panick bought all those Valks feel?

I only bought Valks at normal price and ones I would keep in my collection. Wouldn't bother me if Arcadia started making Valks... hope they'll reissue the VF-1D Virgin Road.

Frankly, i wouldn't be too surprised if Arcadia did continue Yamato's work of making awesome Valks.

just got my VF-19P today... rearanged my carrier diorama and made space for it and "future" yammies (i hope).

and i must say... it feels sooooooo, sooooooooo, sooooooooo dam good.

It really shouldn't bother anyone. If they wanted the valks bad enough and are willing and able to pay the mark-ups going around, then they should be happy with their purchases. If it bothers them, then they really should have bought them earlier when they were at (or below) retail price, before Yamato went under.

Not everyone could afford these toys when they first came out, and that's understandable. I'm just saying if you can afford today's panic prices, you could've afforded them before.

(This is not to say that it was the fanbase's responsibility to keep Yamato afloat. Maintaining a viable business was Yamato's job, not ours, and any insinuation otherwise is just plain stupid.)

I've personally picked up a few valks since Yamato went bankrupt, but only if the price was reasonable. I refuse to pay some of the crazy mark-ups on ebay. I'll just wait and see if Arcadia releases new ones, or I'll just go without.

I absolutely think Arcadia will make Macross products, but I think they're going to run into lots of licensing issues as they've shown Bandai that there's a market for DX toys and they're not going to be able to outbid Bandai.

It really shouldn't bother anyone. If they wanted the valks bad enough and are willing and able to pay the mark-ups going around, then they should be happy with their purchases. If it bothers them, then they really should have bought them earlier when they were at (or below) retail price, before Yamato went under.

Not everyone could afford these toys when they first came out, and that's understandable. I'm just saying if you can afford today's panic prices, you could've afforded them before.

(This is not to say that it was the fanbase's responsibility to keep Yamato afloat. Maintaining a viable business was Yamato's job, not ours, and any insinuation otherwise is just plain stupid.)

I've personally picked up a few valks since Yamato went bankrupt, but only if the price was reasonable. I refuse to pay some of the crazy mark-ups on ebay. I'll just wait and see if Arcadia releases new ones, or I'll just go without.

Ahh.. yes, I pretty much share your opinion.

I was pretty fortunate to score the Valks I got at discount before Yamato went under, so I'm on the same boat of being a-okay if Arcadia starts making Valks.

I don't have anything else I really want from Yamato right now, except maybe a VF-1 / VF-19 variant at best.. or the SDF-1, though that has always been very expensive, so it's not something I'd really need. Same goes for the VF-4G

On the other hand, I do have a few more Frontier Valks from Bandai I'm after.. then I hope to be done with that series :D

(I do have other toylines to collect after all)

don't want to give anyone any false hope or anything but there's a tweet by arcadia from 4/12 that quotes a mr. k saying "i look forward to our continued relationship"

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/322615526583070720

there's hope for an updated YF-19 and a TV SDF-1!

Plus, like others have mentioned, i do regret not getting a couple of obscure valks that got little screen time (VF-1D VR and Hikaru's VF-1J training valk)... but I do have all the valks that really matter to me.

...and what about that $466 VT-1... craaaazeeeeee! I'm glad I bought 3 cheap for me and a couple of other Macross collectors here years ago.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Not to take the thunder out of it but that's a pretty common phrase when doing business in Japan and shouldn't be misconstrued as Arcadia already having a release map for macross products in the next couple years or so.

Would happily hope that I'm mistaken though.

Most of my panic purchases were at discount prices, I only overpaid for 2 VF-1J/GBP-1S armor sets but those were already marked up since before the frenzy began, but absolutely no regret at all with those beauties.

After the first release of the V2 and tired of being Yamatoed I just decided to not buy any more yammies and not return until I found a good reason to start again, that was almost 4 years ago, fast forward to late 2012 when I found out about the VF-4, preorder 2 and after getting them I got hooked up again on Yammies, started catching up with some valks at great prices and then the frenzy began.

I do regret not getting back in the game much earlier when Yamato was at its heyday, would probably have my collection complete at fantastic prices.

What VF-1's v2 haven't been reissue with the 30th anniversary and option parts?

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I'm happy with the Valks I have. The only unrepresented show I have is the Zero. I hope arcadia does that first if they restart on Macross. The Zero line seems to be the one that tarnished Yamato's name(bec of the QC) way back.

Not to take the thunder out of it but that's a pretty common phrase when doing business in Japan and shouldn't be misconstrued as Arcadia already having a release map for macross products in the next couple years or so.

Would happily hope that I'm mistaken though.

Yes, the wording is very intentionally vague. It could mean anything really. So as i said before, i'm not trying to spread any false hope. Read into it what you will. I for one would like to see a vf-0d, tv sdf-1, armor for vf-11, reactive armor vf-0s, improved yf-19. Not sure if the other unmade valks would really sell well. Edited by cyde01

VF-1J M&M reissue would sure screw some scalpers like they did back in the 1/48 days, they were selling those at almost 500 each and then, boom, Yamato reissue out of nowhere and the price fell to the floor for them... history repeating itself again with the v2 1/60,hope it finishes de same way.

Without the shut down of Yamato (is it confirmed that they went bankrupt?) I wouldn't have bout my VF-19S. Not at a bad price. I don't feel bad about it because without the Yamato crash I would bought any Yamato Valkyries because I need the funds for Bandais Renewal line.

On the other hand. I love M7 and now that I have one Valkyrie I feel that I need more for a proper display. So if Arcadia is releasing the M7 line I might have the urge to buy a VF-19 Kai, VF-11C, VF-17S, VF-22S Max type and a VF-1 Miria type.

So I'm not sure that I'm happy that the Macross line from Arcadia shows some life signs or that I'm now into the Acradia toy lines. :unsure:

So much mixed feelings inside of me because the VF-19S is awesome but expensive. :D

When I lost my parent, I had to sell off all my collection to cover all the immediate expenses. Now Im on the hunt to get back into Macross Valk collecting, but it seems like I chose the WORST time. Prices havent been the worse because I shop around the best I can. But it not as easy as it was in 2010/11. Just curious- What should I be paying for a VF-171, and a YF-29 Ozuma, new or used?

I got a VF-1S Hikaru w/ Strike Parts @ $250 used. That didnt seem to bad (or should I have waited for Arcadia to put out something, too late now- LOL)

Guest davidwhangchoi

When I lost my parent, I had to sell off all my collection to cover all the immediate expenses. Now Im on the hunt to get back into Macross Valk collecting, but it seems like I chose the WORST time. Prices havent been the worse because I shop around the best I can. But it not as easy as it was in 2010/11. Just curious- What should I be paying for a VF-171, and a YF-29 Ozuma, new or used?

I got a VF-1S Hikaru w/ Strike Parts @ $250 used. That didnt seem to bad (or should I have waited for Arcadia to put out something, too late now- LOL)

not sure about the the yf-29 but for the vf-171ex alto no more than 200 new. pm'd you but in case

if you're in a hurry, here:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/1688-dx-chogokin-macross-f-frontier-vf-171ex-nightmare-plus-ex-saotome-alto-custom.html:

but you can find it less if you're patient:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

not sure about the the yf-29 but for the vf-171ex alto no more than 200 new. pm'd you but in case

if you're in a hurry, here:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/1688-dx-chogokin-macross-f-frontier-vf-171ex-nightmare-plus-ex-saotome-alto-custom.html:

but you can find it less if you're patient:)

thanks again!!!

anyone got a promo code?

There isn't a YF-29 Ozma toy yet, though there is the 30th Anniversary colours (white and black with yellow). It's also on NY, and the price is pretty decent if you ask me.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/4450-macross-f-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-30th-anniversary-color-reissue.html

I could use another movie Roy so I can display one with and one without strike packs.

I'm not paying the $200+ they're going for on ebay.

In the DYRL movie, Roy's vf-1s is always seen with the strike pack installed. So if you are a purist like me, there is no need to get another one

i knew i should have gotten one when it was selling for less than $100 a few years ago. I saw boxes of this while I was in HK and Japan... tsk tsk tsk... -_-

http://www.ebay.ph/itm/Yamato-Toy-Macross-Perfect-Trance-VF-1D-Virgin-Road-1-60-figure-free-shipping-/181123758028?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a2bd137cc

In which episode did this appear? How is it different from the orange VF-1D?

It appear on episode 25 where Max and Millia get married and they ride a two seater VF-1 with Max's blue scheme. Curiously if you look closely, it's animated with a VF-1A head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7xD9rhzAms

watch the whole clip, it has a screenshot of the VF-1A head.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

From what I heard, the reason why the anime has a VF1A head is because the studio that took the job for that episode made a mistake. Rewatch some of the episodes and you'll see a big difference in character design and animation.

I hope the decide to do an HD rework of the original!

From what I heard, the reason why the anime has a VF1A head is because the studio that took the job for that episode made a mistake. Rewatch some of the episodes and you'll see a big difference in character design and animation.

I hope the decide to do an HD rework of the original!

Made 'A' mistake? -- Many a total blunder of the animation in that episode. I always skipped over this one even if I was watching the series through, much like episode 3 and a few others...