Bandai 1/250 Macross Fighter Collection

CF18

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10121274 here you go still on pre order here :)

Thanks! I think I will give AmiAmi a bit more time though. They have the best price. The only reason I considered HLJ is their half off EMS shipping.

Hopefully I'm not waiting too long!

Edit: Corrected HLJ's special...it's EMS not Fedex :D

Double secret edit: As of 8:55 US Pacific time, AmiAmi.com has 4 boxes in stock (there were 6 a few moments ago ;) )

Edited by Rabidweezil

Picked up a complete set of series 4, including all the specials last night at the Oriental 188 Centre in Wanchai. Not saying how much I paid, but it was not cheap.

I also picked up a few extra VF-171. The good thing about the shops here in HK that sell these individually, is that they will usually open the boxes, so you can chose which VF you want.

The VF-171 / VF-171EX are lovely. Really nice sculpt. Planning to go back today to see if I can get some more.

Graham

Not really liking the color choice on the VF-25F with Tornado pack, or the VF-25F with Super Pack. While it dosen't show in the photos posted so far, the actual toys feature metallic pastel pinks and purples. Looks very girly, compared with the previous release.

Graham

Not really liking the color choice on the VF-25F with Tornado pack, or the VF-25F with Super Pack. While it dosen't show in the photos posted so far, the actual toys feature metallic pastel pinks and purples. Looks very girly, compared with the previous release.

Graham

? I wonder why they went with pastels? Seems like an odd, random choice.

Today I got my 2 cases from AmiAmi, and unfortunately they are almost the same! At least I got some trades if anyone is interested.

Amongst the dupes are a VF-25F deculture which I hadnt seen pictures of before (see attached).

I also got a custom paint job Sheryl VF-171EX (see attached).

Observations:

The Hikaru VF-1 is an A model, EXACTLY the same as in Set 2, not an S as I expected.

The RVF-25 Super is exactly the same as in Set 3, except both mine seem rougher, like the molds are worn out.

The VF-25S Armoured is the same, except gold highlights and gloss paint instead of yellow and matte like in Set 3.

The sensor fin on the RVF-171s are almost too long to be proportional, and make it so you really need the stand.

I really like the various 171s, I am glad they made new models, I am getting tired of a zillion VF-25s.

The ghosts are so tiny and cute:)

post-2302-129012934031_thumb.jpg

post-2302-12901293445_thumb.jpg

post-2302-129012943857_thumb.jpg

Today I got my 2 cases from AmiAmi, and unfortunately they are almost the same! At least I got some trades if anyone is interested.

Amongst the dupes are a VF-25F deculture which I hadnt seen pictures of before (see attached).

I also got a custom paint job Sheryl VF-171EX (see attached).

Observations:

The Hikaru VF-1 is an A model, EXACTLY the same as in Set 2, not an S as I expected.

The RVF-25 Super is exactly the same as in Set 3, except both mine seem rougher, like the molds are worn out.

The VF-25S Armoured is the same, except gold highlights and gloss paint instead of yellow and matte like in Set 3.

The sensor fin on the RVF-171s are almost too long to be proportional, and make it so you really need the stand.

I really like the various 171s, I am glad they made new models, I am getting tired of a zillion VF-25s.

The ghosts are so tiny and cute:)

Wow...I didn't even know those 2 were part of the set.

Graham...since you picked up a complete set exactly how many are there?

At work now, but lemme' see if I can remember all that's in series 4:

1. VF-171.
  2. RVF-171.
  3. VF-171EX.
  4. VF-171EX Alto version, with extra armour on the chest and legs.
  5. VF-171EX with Sheryl markings.
  6. RVF-171EX Luca.
  7. VF-25F Alto Super (metallic gloss finish).
  8. VF-25F Alto Super with Fold Booster (metallic gloss finish).
  9. VF-25F Alto w/Space ver. Tornado Packs (metallic gloss finish).
  10. RVF-25 Super Luca.
  11. VF-25A Super (cannon fodder).
  12. VF-25S Ozma Armoured (metallic gloss finish).
  13. VF-25F Macross Zero movie, VF-0 stand-in version (white).
  14. VF-25S Klan red version (from Macross Trial Frontier PS3 game).
  15. VF-25G Michael with 4 x wing speakers.
  16. VF-25 Sheryl white deculture version.
  17. VF-25 Ranka white deculture version.
  18. VF-27γ Brera with Super Fold Booster (metallic gloss finish, IIRC).
  19. NUNS AIF-7S Ghosts x 3 set.
  20. Luca's QF-4000 (AIF-7S)Ghosts x 3 set.
  21. VF-1A Mihoshi Academy version (same as DYRL Hikaru VF-1A).

As well as the complete series 4, I also picked up the following extras yesterday: -

• 3 x VF-171.
  • 2 x VF-171EX.
  • 1 x VF-171EX Alto.
  • 1 x RVF-171.
  • 1 x RVF-171EX Luca.

:):):):):)

Graham

Graham

Maybe they ran out of regular paint and started using nail polish. :p

hi graham can you get me a price on the following to send to new zealand > thanks

* 2 x VF-171.

* 1 x VF-171EX.

* 1 x VF-171EX Alto.

* 1 x RVF-171.

* 1 x RVF-171EX Luca.

Sorry, I'm not offering a toy search service at the moment, Just no time to get involved in that. Try PMing HK members Valk009 or Neova, I think they have done that sort of thing in the past, but not sure if they are still active though.

Anyway, I think I pretty much cleared out all the 171s from the shop where I bought them.

Graham

My two cases arrived yesterday. It was really disappointing opening the second box because the first NINE I looked at were duplicates of ones I got in the first box. Some thoughts:

1. I don't particularly like the re-releases of ones I already have with shiny paint... except the VF-25S Full Armor. That one is cool.
  2. I really like all of the VF-171 variants.
  3. The ghosts and their little stands are pretty cool.
  4. My VF-171EX Sheryl Art version doesn't have the armor bits above the intakes (the chest armor in Battroid) like the other VF-171EX even though it has the extra munitions on the arms.

[*]My VF-171EX Sheryl Art version doesn't have the armor bits above the intakes (the chest armor in Battroid) like the other VF-171EX even though it has the extra munitions on the arms.

In the anime, it was only Alto's VF-171EX that had the armour pack (extra armor on the chest, lower legs and hips).

None of the other VF-171EX had this. This is why the Bandai series 4 VF-171EX (standard) and VF-171EX (Sheryl art version), do not have the armor pack.

All the VF-171EX have the missile pack on the left arm, except for Luca's RVF-171EX.

Graham

Got my 2 boxes. I am amazed SAL showed up as fast as it did!

They are all pretty cool. Even the nail-polish versions aren't THAT bad now that I look at them more closely. Actually, the one I like the least is the Hikaru VF-1A Academy version. That's just cheap using the EXACT same valk from another series and putting it with a stand that says something different.

Out of the 2 boxes I ended up not getting:

VF-171EX with Sheryl markings

VF-25S Ozma Armoured (metallic gloss finish)

VF-25S Klan red version (from Macross Trial Frontier PS3 game)

VF-25F Macross Zero movie, VF-0 stand-in version (white)

VF-25F Alto Super (metallic gloss finish)- this one is on Graham's list but I don't see pics of it on the inserts. So I'm not sure if it was a mistake to put it down or not.

Edited by Rabidweezil

VF-25F Alto Super (metallic gloss finish)- this one is on Graham's list but I don't see pics of it on the inserts. So I'm not sure if it was a mistake to put it down or not.

Yeah, maybe I made a mistake about this. Need to check again carefully.

Graham

I wonder if set 5 (if there is one), will include the new VF-19EF (Macross-R) & YF-29 (2nd Frontier movie)?

I do hope that Bandai eventually gives us a Max & Milia VF-22S and grey VF-0D. These would be easy to do, as the molds exist already.

I'm also hoping we eventually get a VF-11, VF-17 and SV-51 in this line as well, but I'm not holding out too much hope, as Bandai seems to place the focus mostly on Frontier in the last 2 sets.

Graham

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...