Valkyrie Weapons Parity Observation

Mommar

If you think about the Macross franchise as glimpses into history (like say how we have things like Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and other docudramas about war) being told by a party further into the future, these inconsistencies make more sense. One source has it one way, while another says something different, about details, but the big events are all pretty much consistent, then it's easier to swallow.

Then there's the fact that with every new Macross Production, Kawamori is designing more stuff, and he has to find a way to include it, so it will lead to things like that.

As far as "canon" goes, the TV series can just be seen as a version of the Frontier story where the fleet was not sent the YF-29, and the movie tells a version where it was.

In the context of the stories that come both before and after it, I'd say that a more accurate way to think of it might be that the Macross Frontier TV series was a version of the story where the YF-29 wasn't necessary or perhaps wasn't ready in time for the war's conclusion... while the movie is a version where it was.

There's no doubt that, in terms of the inter-series "broad strokes" continuity, the YF-29 most definitely exist[s/ed]. Without it, the YF-30 Chronos would not have been possible, as the YF-30's fold dimension resonance system was developed from the YF-29's fold wave system, and its FF-3001/FC2 engines and its beam gun pod were also further refinements of systems used on the YF-29. (Likewise, its rival aircraft, the YF-29B, just plain wouldn't exist.) The VF-31 Siegfried we were introduced to in Macross Delta was developed from the YF-30, so we'd be kind of up a creek without a paddle if the YF-29 was "non-canon".

What Producer Kawamori said, at the first Macross Museum at Takarazuka. Was that everything was a "parallel world" To answer the question that I posed about how someone from 2060 could know about events from 2092.

This does not seem to refute that the series and movies are separate universes, infact it implies each and every tv show, movie, event, manga, take place in separate parallel universes.

It is a very vauge statement though. and open to interpetation.

I agree that it would imply that all Macross titles are equally valid, or "cannon" as we westerners would say. This unfortunately makes it extremely difficult to piece together what the overall vision of what Macross is supposed to be. Even worse for us trying to figure out which numerical specifications are most accurate.

I will do my best to get a clear clarification from him the next time I see him. What do you think the best single question to ask him would be, to clarify that multitude of questions we have?

I know this might be a bit of trouble to ask, but can you tell me the exact source of this information? or at least the latest appearance of it? When Kawamori said this, at what event and what date? I've been getting fan questions about this topic more than once in the last few years and I've never had an exact source or proper context for what was said, something that could be offfered to provide curious fans. And your post on the matter looks like the first time someone has provided an contextually valid take on Kawamori's statement and what it means. I'd be curious to know.

The talkshow was on 27 july, 2013 at the Tezuka Museum in Takarazuka. It was a first come first served event for 50 people.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39176&p=1064989

I will have to dig up the podcast where we discussed it.

I know this might be a bit of trouble to ask, but can you tell me the exact source of this information? or at least the latest appearance of it? When Kawamori said this, at what event and what date? I've been getting fan questions about this topic more than once in the last few years and I've never had an exact source or proper context for what was said, something that could be offfered to provide curious fans. And your post on the matter looks like the first time someone has provided an contextually valid take on Kawamori's statement and what it means. I'd be curious to know.