Ooh, that's nice. I like my Yamato Nadeshiko's and she fits the bill twice over. But I'm struggling to remember her. Is she one of the bridge operations staff?

At some point 'chubby girl' might just get her very own 1/8 figure :p

Dude I was just thinking about the CHUBBY girl lol. I would totally buy her figure!

Saijo Miki was Yuki's duty station replacement after she was kidnapped...

Ooh, that's nice. I like my Yamato Nadeshiko's and she fits the bill twice over. But I'm struggling to remember her. Is she one of the bridge operations staff?

At some point 'chubby girl' might just get her very own 1/8 figure :p

She was actually cute... Pity the only scene where they actually show her face ended up with Makoto blocking her. XDDD

Ditto. :) Any 2199 figuart that I pick up will be my first and I'm not sure. I wouldn't mind if they are smaller. It will save some display space. The reason they appeal to me now is due to Bandai's hint at more variety. I admit the bishoujo Yamato Girls from MH are very nice, but I'm on my way to having three Yukis and no Dessler or Kodai or Starsha? What? :(

I'll trade the tehepero flight suit Yuki and cherub Yurisha for a nice sculpt of Starsha or a new Yamato Guy.

Edited by technoblue

I have the 2 1/12 scale figures of Yuki and Yamamoto and though smaller, and therefore more shelf space friendly, they are still a good size, not to mention in scanle with Bandai's Analyzer. The 5 figures that have been presented are quite nice and i have only 2 "complaints". Apparently that Yuki will be the first and is schedulled for release only in May... :( and, even though i hope more figures in the line will follow and i do love the character, why is Frakken coming out instead of Domel?

Same here! Got my volumes 4-7 from Amazon Japan today! They don't all match, but whatever..Merry early Xmas to me!

Awesome! Now you're in for a long night of binge watching! :p

Chris

Just came

Yamatobluray_zpsa4fb6fc7.jpg

1) TMI

2) Well done on the Blu-Ray front. Myself, i still gotta get volumes 3, 5, 6 and 7 though i have all the episodes in all 3 formats + Voyage on hard drive. Wanted to get them now but with the budget buster that the Complete Collection is, they'll have to go on standby. :D

BTW, for those wondering about the size of the 2199 Figuarts Zero figures, Yuki will be around 15cm tall, so around the same size as the 1/12 figures. Not too bad. :)

Edited by westfall

Amazon Japan is dumb. For all 7 volumes its $540 dollars but its little over $300 if you buy them individually. Still, the sting of paying $300 for a set of 7 Blu-rays is a turn-off. Especially after I unloaded all my DVDs for about $100 last Summer. I don't know how you guys do it :)

Edited by TangledThorns

Amazon Japan is dumb. For all 7 volumes its $540 dollars but its little over $300 if you buy them individually. Still, the sting of paying $300 for a set of 7 Blu-rays is a turn-off. Especially after I unloaded all my DVDs for about $100 last Summer. I don't know how you guys do it :)

Eh, it's just the choice of where we drop our money. I don't understand how people can spend hundreds, thousands of dollars on transforming robot toys, but I'll throw that much at a car without even blinking...

I bought mine as they were released so the sting wasn't all at once.

Chris

Yeah. It's a matter of choice and what's important to you. I think people buying now are lucky, because all three versions of 2199 are available.

ourstarblazers.com has a nice summary of the packaging: http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/823/

• The limited-editions were available for ticket holders in Japan to buy when 2199 was showing in theaters. These are the most collectible now. As you can see in the link above, these volumes include everything in the standard edition and first edition retail releases, plus some additional Naoyuki Kato artwork and a complete set of story boards.
  • The first-edition retail release includes a story board for the first volume only, IIRC. And, like the movie editions, these include the excellent slip case covers for all seven volumes with artwork by Naoyuki Kato.
  • The standard no-frills release is great if you want to save money and just see the series. You do get the episode summary booklets with this version.