Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I don't know what came over me, but on a whim, I just bought a HT Iron Man mark III diecast figure yesterday at the local hobby store. I've been an huge fan of Iron Man for years, but I never really got around to buying an IM fig for one reason or another.

And there I was, complaining about the Sahelanthropus's 36000 yen price tag at the MGSV thread.... :lol:

As far as initial impressions, it's breathtaking. I'll steer away from the debates on color accuracy and the swappable torso, but I will say this much--it's a much, much darker red in person than the pics made it out to be, probably due to the use of flash.

Can't wait to get into the classic "ground pound" pose! B))

BTW, to those who also bought this fig, can you still pull out the shoulder joints for more articulation like the earlier IM figures (I don't want to risk using force and tugging at them unless I'm sure)? I keep hearing that this figure is a "step back in terms of articulation", but I'm not sure if that's just limited to missing the ankle rockers and the torso.

Edited by GU-11

• 3 weeks later...

my brother absolutely loves The Walking Dead but isn't a toy collector.. I wonder if this could possibly sway him to buy it! :D

Sure! And it's cheaper than what Hot Toys are offering. So buy him one. ;) From what I've read, ThreeZero is planning to release all the main cast in the future.

Sure! And it's cheaper than what Hot Toys are offering. So buy him one. ;) From what I've read, ThreeZero is planning to release all the main cast in the future.

definitely considering it! His birthday has long since passed and we usually don't buy any of the adults in the family any gifts for xmas, only stuff for the kids but I might have to make an exception this year! I know he would love it! I showed it to him and he was impressed! ^_^

Edited by spanner76

I want one, but sadly my funds are already maxed out with the MK. IX and Pepper Pots set. :(

The question now is, is Mr. Lee worthy starting on a 3 month long ramen diet. :lol:

well... that depends on how desperately you want it!? For me personally... no. Those raman noodles are gross. I'd rather be on bread and water! Even dry toast is better!

well... that depends on how desperately you want it!? For me personally... no. Those raman noodles are gross. I'd rather be on bread and water! Even dry toast is better!

Well, there's always Akihisa Yoshii's patented "panko diet" from Baka Test.

Seriously though, the Stan Lee fig's basically the Destroid of the Hot Toys Marvel line; the one you'd swear you'll buy when you have the spare cash. But every time you do, you have something "better" to get. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't collect Hot Toys but it's very interesting to see War Machine Mk. III here in HT form. Not sure why everybody needs a club these days but otherwise I love the hybrid Iron Man 2/Age of Ultron look.

captain-america-civil-war-war-machine-ho

http://news.toyark.com/2015/12/19/captain-america-civil-war-war-machine-hot-toys-185653

Edited by Mommar

Awesome! Ok. She is an original comic character I created called Crimson Angel.attachicon.gif2015-12-19_23.41.56.jpgattachicon.gif2015-12-19_23.40.11.jpgattachicon.gif2015-12-19_23.38.17.jpgattachicon.gif2015-12-19_23.36.58.jpgattachicon.gif2015-12-20_00.11.14.jpg

Nice, Doc! Question about the gauntlets; 3d printed or scratch-built?

I don't collect Hot Toys but it's very interesting to see War Machine Mk. III here in HT form. Not sure why everybody needs a club these days but otherwise I love the hybrid Iron Man 2/Age of Ultron look.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/12/19/captain-america-civil-war-war-machine-hot-toys-185653

Not bad, but I never did like the new faceplate with the panel lines under the eyes. Not sure what to make of the scifi club, though. :lol:

Pre-ordered the Iron Man 2 diecast War Machine instead. To date, it's still my favorite WM design.

I WISH they were 3d printed! I was going to sculpt them from epoxy putty or sculpy, as on my old customs I'd done years ago of this character that's what I did, but they looked like crap. Then I noticed my old, damaged and in poor shape Bandai Gamera 3 Irys figure on my Kaiju shelf... the legs were pretty much the same as how the gauntlets look. So since I have a much nicer Rocket Pro Irys figure, I just cut the lower legs off the Bandai one, trimmed them, added the red crystals and painted silver! :) The design as I draw them or in my 3d version has metallic blue "scales" on the undersides of them but I ike this better.

In reply to the War Machine, love the overall design. I don't have an issue with the faceplate having panelines per se, but GU-11 is right. The way they did them is sorta odd here.

Edited by thereal9thdoctor

I WISH they were 3d printed! I was going to sculpt them from epoxy putty or sculpy, as on my old customs I'd done years ago of this character that's what I did, but they looked like crap. Then I noticed my old, damaged and in poor shape Bandai Gamera 3 Irys figure on my Kaiju shelf... the legs were pretty much the same as how the gauntlets look. So since I have a much nicer Rocket Pro Irys figure, I just cut the lower legs off the Bandai one, trimmed them, added the red crystals and painted silver! :) The design as I draw them or in my 3d version has metallic blue "scales" on the undersides of them but I ike this better.

Ah, the wonders of toy canibalism. :lol: I gotta say you did a great job, though; I would never have suspected the gauntlets were made from another figure.

Did anyone here pick up the Han and Chewie set? I was holding out for the issue with the cockpit, but now I regret not picking it up.

Sadly the only HT figure I have right now is Black Widow from Winter Soldier. I would LOVE to have the Han and Chewie with Falcon cockpit... but yeah, WAY outta my price range. I really don't have interest in just the SW figures alone though.