Evolution kicked ass thank you very much.

I feel uncomfortable agreeing with DuelGundam2099 on a topic regarding movies. Nevertheless I have to agree, Evolution kicked ass! ;):):D

Edited by Scyla

While not sci-fi, Zyzzyx Road is notorious for the wrong reasons. Despite having a budget of US$1.3 million, the film was shown at only one theater in Dallas for six days due to a minimum obligation set by the Screen Actors Guild. As a result, it has a total box-office earning of US$30. Not 30 million, just 30 bucks.

The S-word! You gonna get banned!

I really liked that film, in all seriousness. It's not the greatest film of all time, but it's got a flair to it.

And for Hollywood to make the killer robot develop a conscience and then try to make amends for what it's done? Hell, that bumps it up two stars by default.

The S-word! You gonna get banned!

I really liked that film, in all seriousness. It's not the greatest film of all time, but it's got a flair to it.

And for Hollywood to make the killer robot develop a conscience and then try to make amends for what it's done? Hell, that bumps it up two stars by default.

:mellow: to :huh: to :(

-b.

I liked Stealth as well, certainly not academy award material but not as bad as any of the Transformers movies...

:mellow: to :huh: to :(

+

Personal preferences aside, I feel like debating which is worse between "S" and pick-a-Transformer movie is like debating which pile of poo smells better. :p

-b.

Honestly, I saw more inspiration taken from Sentou Yousei Yukikaze than Macross Plus at first glance. The Talon jets that they flew, however, were clearly a knockoff of the X-02 Wyvern from the Ace Combat games.

Yukikaze was clearly a ripoff of Macross Plus, though, so it still works. And Ace Combat is TOTALLY a VFX knockoff.

Remember, the world revolves around Macross. Any similiarities are obviously signs of copycatting.

Yukikaze was clearly a ripoff of Macross Plus, though, so it still works. And Ace Combat is TOTALLY a VFX knockoff.

Remember, the world revolves around Macross. Any similiarities are obviously signs of copycatting.

Ace Combat came out in 1995 (or 1992 if you count the Air Combat arcade game). VFX came out in 1997.

I... I was being sarcastic.

I've been largely derisive the idea that St**lth is a Mac+ ripoff since the first trailer hit and the whole kerfuffle started, as the argument seems to be solely "there are two jetfighters and a crazy robot! This is TOTALLY Mac+!"

Clearly with such ironclad logic, any similarities St**lth shares with other media is damning evidence that other media ALSO ripped off Macross, right?

More evidence: The robot has a single glowing red eye, just like Sharon Apple.

I... I was being sarcastic.

I've been largely derisive the idea that St**lth is a Mac+ ripoff since the first trailer hit and the whole kerfuffle started, as the argument seems to be solely "there are two jetfighters and a crazy robot! This is TOTALLY Mac+!"

Clearly with such ironclad logic, any similarities St**lth shares with other media is damning evidence that other media ALSO ripped off Macross, right?

More evidence: The robot has a single glowing red eye, just like Sharon Apple.

That's the problem with sarcasm and satire on the Internet, and the reason why so many people take The Onion seriously. Speaking of which, if it was a sci-fi movie, The Onion Movie would rank up on this thread as one of the worst.

Back to the subject at hand:

esq-hal-9000-xlg.jpg

HAL 9000 is totally a ripoff of Sharon Apple! :p

Actually, yes - that does work...

I was just being a smartass too.

I know. I was actually debating whether or not to use that GIF of Matt Smith saying "Never apply logic to Who" instead.

Watched "War of the Worlds: Goliath" last night and it deserves a mention on this thread (I was thinking of listing it on the current anime thread but it REALLY deserves to be here).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2320924/

Highlights

I think they managed to fit in every possible cliche.

The animation second rate (though some of the effects were nicely done).

The dialog was crap.

The character designs were of Shadow Chronicles quality.

If you are going to have Teddy Roosevelt at least make the character act a little bitty bit like him.

Watched "War of the Worlds: Goliath" last night and it deserves a mention on this thread (I was thinking of listing it on the current anime thread but it REALLY deserves to be here).

If you are going to have Teddy Roosevelt at least make the character act a little bitty bit like him.

What if he's not actually Teddy Roosevelt, just the wax statue of him from Night at the Museum? Is he allowed to not act like Teddy then?

• 2 weeks later...

I feel uncomfortable agreeing with DuelGundam2099 on a topic regarding movies. Nevertheless I have to agree, Evolution kicked ass! ;):):D

Yeah, Evolution is much like Idiocracy and a few others, over all not the best movie, but some of the lines used are absolute classics.

I mean who doesn't know what to say after a friend yells "Caa caa, tookie tookie!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2320924/

Highlights

I think they managed to fit in every possible cliche.

The animation second rate (though some of the effects were nicely done).

The dialog was crap.

The character designs were of Shadow Chronicles quality.

Totally agree, as a big fan of War of the Worlds I figured I'd give this a shot.

It was embarrassing to watch.

Ready for another bad movie challenge?

Jinn is a supernatural action film directed by Ajmal Zaheer Ahmad, starring Dominic Rains (token Arab character in several TV shows), Serinda Swan (Agent Arkin in Graceland, Zatanna Zatara in Smallville), Ray Park (Rugal in The King of Fighters, Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace), William Atherton (Thornburg in Die Hard 1-2, Dr. Destiny in Justice League), and Faran Tahir (Raza in Iron Man, Capt. Robau in Star Trek). This is supposed to be a modern western interpretation of Islamic mythology, but it's your typical direct-to-video tripe, with nearly all of its budget spent on the "Firebreather", a modified Chevrolet Camaro made to look like a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. The car was unveiled in 2010, which makes you wonder why it took four years for this film to be released.

Jinn - Official Site

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 11%

Metacritic Score: 24 out of 100