Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Someone on another forum found source art for the image for the post on Yacolog.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3548/332553...faa52c4.jpg?v=0

Looks pretty close to a Houqet bike to me! :lol:

Do a quick look for yourself.

http://wildcats.pupui.jp/mt/archives/2009/...ecret_item.html

I think we're all agreed that the profile in that image is Houquet (or Shinobou, but, seriously, how likely is that?). The only question, in my opinion, is whether or not that profile is actually what the secret item is going to be, or just an image they put up there as a placeholder.

I have a feeling it's just a place holder.

Y'know. I finally realised what's.....off...about the Beagle.

The ability to have covered headlights (present on the MH and CM). Kind of a small detail, but something I miss.

The ability to have covered headlights (present on the MH and CM). Kind of a small detail, but something I miss.

What do you mean?

All Beagles with the Beagle head (that I know of) have a problem with floppiness. This was addressed a while back by advising the use of a piece of Scotch tape on the bottom of the head ball. The Toynami versions don't seem to suffer from this problem.

Yep, you're absolutely right. It's so strange...the ball on the non-helmeted head is large enough to provide a tight fit in the neck socket. But the ball on the helmeted head is much smaller. It slips into the socket loosely, and the head just hangs....I will definitely try the Scotch tape remedy. Now that you mention it, I DO remember reading about that 2 threads ago. I'm so late to the Beagle game...

Anyway, the different size head-balls (sounds weird) is such a random ball for Beagle to drop (pun intended). Other than that, looks great out of the box so far. Am going to have to set aside a good chunk of time to do my first transformation of this thing.

The swivel is RIDICULOUSLY stiff, but it's there. The headlights DO flip.

Also, I think somewhere an alternate universe is exploding due to a Toynami release having better QC than it's japanese counterpart, vis-a-vis the head ball joint. The heads joints are perfect on my Toynami Ride Armor.

The swivel is RIDICULOUSLY stiff, but it's there. The headlights DO flip.

Also, I think somewhere an alternate universe is exploding due to a Toynami release having better QC than it's japanese counterpart, vis-a-vis the head ball joint. The heads joints are perfect on my Toynami Ride Armor.

I know that they swivel. I mean that you cannot cover the headlights in bike mode. The MH and CM can both do that.

As in the headlights of the MH had the headlights, the chest sensors and a third side that looked as if the headlights had revolved upwards into a covered position. The Beagle only has headlights and the side with the chest sensors.

Edited by Alex

As in the headlights of the MH had the headlights, the chest sensors and a third side that looked as if the headlights had revolved upwards into a covered position. The Beagle only has headlights and the side with the chest sensors.

Ok, I get what you're saying, I think, but haven't seen it myself.

My CMs headlights do rotate the full 360, but the third side has, if I'm remembering correctly, some small red writing on it.

My Megahouse hasn't come in yet, so I don't know what that has.

Alex, do you (or anyone else) have a picture of the Megahouse ones rotated like you're describing?

I picked up my Toynami Mospeada yesterday, and I'm really impressed with it. Quite a piece of engineering. I've got one issue, though: my scope appears to have come without whatever holds the hinge together. (Or it's disappeared somehow.) It's just two pieces. Can anybody give me a view of theirs and tell me what keeps it together? Is it a tiny screw, or just a pin? Metal, plastic? Thanks.

scope.jpg

I picked up my Toynami Mospeada yesterday, and I'm really impressed with it. Quite a piece of engineering. I've got one issue, though: my scope appears to have come without whatever holds the hinge together. (Or it's disappeared somehow.) It's just two pieces. Can anybody give me a view of theirs and tell me what keeps it together? Is it a tiny screw, or just a pin? Metal, plastic? Thanks.

scope.jpg

You're missing a small metal pin.

Not sure how they got the scope into the cowling without it, the black 'screen' would fall straight through. I'm guessing it fell out somehow... :unsure:

You're missing a small metal pin.

Not sure how they got the scope into the cowling without it, the black 'screen' would fall straight through. I'm guessing it fell out somehow... :unsure:

Yeah, the screen just fell out while I was transforming it. I didn't know what it was supposed to be attached to until I was done and looking at photos of it with the scope up.

Yeah, the screen just fell out while I was transforming it. I didn't know what it was supposed to be attached to until I was done and looking at photos of it with the scope up.

The small pin is quite loose. I have a Beagle version, and the pin fell out the moment I picked up the scope. Not a problem to reinsert, assuming you can find the tiny pin!

Oh, and thanks to the folks for reminding me about using Scotch tape to address the floppy head issue. Works like a charm!

I just got my CMs Dark Mospeada set in the mail yesterday. Thought I was getting the Shinobu Bartley, but either the seller or I made some error in the auction and I got the dark Ray type.

Old news for everyone else, but new to me since this is my first Brave Gohkin Mospeada.

I think that this thing is laughable. Perhaps if it were 2 or 3 times bigger then the overabunance of engineering, features and articulation would be appropriate. But as it is, the thing seems like some weird scaled-down bootleg of a larger toy.

Of course, the windshield fell off when I took it out of the box (the glue had melted away the attachment point on the windscreen part). Loads of cracks and stress marks after assembly. It stands OK in a basic pose without the plastic twig enclosed to help it. Otherwise, the thing is a plastic rag doll, possessed of all the things people normally b1tch about of Toynami's Alphas and Yamato's 1.0 1/160s.

But considering the fiddly, problematic results of CMs efforts, $20 was an appropriate price for it (about $15 for the more common Stig & Ray versions) in my estimation, even if the cost of its over-abundance of parts and accessories is far beyond that. The thing is really far overdone for the size or results, like an over-engineered candy toy. I can't imagine the annoyance and frustration of the factory workers who have to assemble these rediculous little tangles of plastic, metal and paint. Yikes!

It'll go on display, and I'm glad I have it just so I can have an example of the line. Its pleasing to the eye because of the raw appeal of the source design and the toy's accuracy, but its no fun to 'play' with at all.

I just got my CMs Dark Mospeada set in the mail yesterday. Thought I was getting the Shinobu Bartley, but either the seller or I made some error in the auction and I got the dark Ray type.

Old news for everyone else, but new to me since this is my first Brave Gohkin Mospeada.

I think that this thing is laughable. Perhaps if it were 2 or 3 times bigger then the overabunance of engineering, features and articulation would be appropriate. But as it is, the thing seems like some weird scaled-down bootleg of a larger toy.

Of course, the windshield fell off when I took it out of the box (the glue had melted away the attachment point on the windscreen part). Loads of cracks and stress marks after assembly. It stands OK in a basic pose without the plastic twig enclosed to help it. Otherwise, the thing is a plastic rag doll, possessed of all the things people normally b1tch about of Toynami's Alphas and Yamato's 1.0 1/160s.

But considering the fiddly, problematic results of CMs efforts, $20 was an appropriate price for it (about $15 for the more common Stig & Ray versions) in my estimation, even if the cost of its over-abundance of parts and accessories is far beyond that. The thing is really far overdone for the size or results, like an over-engineered candy toy. I can't imagine the annoyance and frustration of the factory workers who have to assemble these rediculous little tangles of plastic, metal and paint. Yikes!

It'll go on display, and I'm glad I have it just so I can have an example of the line. Its pleasing to the eye because of the raw appeal of the source design and the toy's accuracy, but its no fun to 'play' with at all.

I had similar comments above. My Shinobou is terrible. My Dark Stick is better, but still no fun. Just transformed it once, and now it goes on display. I haven't opened my Dark Ray yet. Basically, if I hadn't gotten all three of these in one package, I probably would've never bought another CMs ride armor after opening that first one. As it stands, I've decided to make myself feel better by saying I'll collect the black and white ride armors from CMs and Megahouse, but except for those, all my money will have to go for the Beagles/Toynami's.

Absolutely cannot understand the appeal of CMs, other than a scale that matches lots of other action figures. Now I would definitely not buy the two-pack of green MOSPEADA soldiers for $50, or the Col. Johnathan figure, or any other CMs. The only thing I might still get is the Dark Legioss Drone.

Absolutely cannot understand the appeal of CMs, other than a scale that matches lots of other action figures. Now I would definitely not buy the two-pack of green MOSPEADA soldiers for $50, or the Col. Johnathan figure, or any other CMs. The only thing I might still get is the Dark Legioss Drone.

I think the hyper-detail and articulation had some initial appeal and novelty for collectors - much like the recent super-articulated Microman toys (which have many of the same problems, but much better tolerances). But the fiddley quality is quickly tiring and frustrating.

Unless I stumble across a Fuke or Shinobu for $10 of $15, I won't bother with any more myself. I'm also kind of keen on the Drone, though! (But not enough to pay that price.)

I think the hyper-detail and articulation had some initial appeal and novelty for collectors - much like the recent super-articulated Microman toys (which have many of the same problems, but much better tolerances). But the fiddley quality is quickly tiring and frustrating.

Unless I stumble across a Fuke or Shinobu for $10 of $15, I won't bother with any more myself. I'm also kind of keen on the Drone, though! (But not enough to pay that price.)

I paid about $50 each, when you figure in shipping.

Where did you find your's for cheaper? Most places I was seeing them selling for $50-60, plus shipping.

I just purchased the Cyclone masterpiece at frank and sons for 160 which seems to be a great price. The box was sealed and everything is tight on the toy no floppy head but to my suprise it is missing the clip that attaches the gun in bike mode. I love this toy and I think the price was really great. I was wondering if any of you have recieved missing parts from Toynami. The box was sealed and it appears the piece was not put in at the factory everything else is there. Thanks for any help you guys can provide. It is not a big deal but would like to have the clip. :lol:

A while ago I mentioned that he white side covers of my Beagle Mospeada were splitting at the connection point, well... the left one anyway. I emeiled Overdrive, they said they would do what they could. About a month went by and no reply. So I decided to try HLJ instead - within a week I have a shipping notice with no charge for the replacement parts :D

Thank you Beagle and a BIG thank you to HLJ... who now have my Rey order. :ph34r:

I got my Toynami Cyclone, man is this an amazing piece. This is without a doubt one of my favorite transforming mech toys. I will also probably get the Lancer and that's it. i do suggest if you can afford it pick one up.

damn i really take the plunge down and got the green legioss from robotech.. and i discover they send by DHL for overseas customer....

I just hope they have the orders shipped out right..

first time...

then i will be getting a green beta from local shops..

szave on the shipping costs...

I am taking the plunge down again,.....

I hope you mean you ordered a green MPC Alpha and not Aoshima Legioss... I'm pretty sure they sell both.

And the crazy thing is, the Aoshima costs more...

I hope you mean you ordered a green MPC Alpha and not Aoshima Legioss... I'm pretty sure they sell both.

Hi jenius;

I got the masterpiece version, and you take a look at this reply, i am confused by their replies..

===============================================================================

Me: Hi;

Can i ask if a tracking number will be issued once the item is sent ?

And if possible, can i ask if the postage will be done by USPS or DHL?

Robotech: Hello Edmund,

There is no date at this time. As soon as the item is available your order will be processed and shipped out if approved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

================================================================================

Could anyone kindly translate for me what they mean? for me , i take it that they means they've no stock at this time, or they mean they do not have a date for shipping out the item.

Edited by eyesonme78

Hi jenius;

I got the masterpiece version, and you take a look at this reply, i am confused by their replies..

Me:

Hi;

Can i ask if a tracking number will be issued once the item is sent ?

And if possible, can i ask if the postage will be done by USPS or DHL?

Robotech:

Hello Edmund,

There is no date at this time. As soon as the item is available your order will be processed and shipped out if approved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Could anyone kindly translate for me what they mean? for me , i take it that they means they've no stock at this time, or they mean they do not have a date for shipping out the item.

If they haven't sent you a shipping notice then they haven't sent it out yet. Usually it takes a few days to process the order and then send it.

If they haven't sent you a shipping notice then they haven't sent it out yet. Usually it takes a few days to process the order and then send it.

Well tober, thanks.. but the replies are kinda weird.. maybe my english aren't that good enough to understand their replies...

Cause it's giving me the wrong ideas..

My English is fine and I didn't understand their reply either. You asked 2 questions and the answers they gave you had nothing to do with what you asked.

What he said.

Your English > Robotech.com's English.

Some guy making minimum wage for RT.com basically just tried to tell you that your order had not shipped yet and then ignored your second question.

Edited by jenius

Well tober, thanks.. but the replies are kinda weird.. maybe my english aren't that good enough to understand their replies...

Cause it's giving me the wrong ideas..

I placed an order on the 4th of January for a Masterpiece Rook Alpha and got an order confirmation email at the same time with payment and address confirmation details. On the 6th of January I got an email from robotech_4icc.com which contained a FEDEX tracking number.

A few days later it showed up in Australia.

That was my experience anyway - no problems. Their reply is vague I agree but I think you will be ok unless you haven't heard anything from them for a few more days.

got my CMs Riding Figure set in and got my Matchbox Invid Shocktrooper out of storage (and dusted it of course.) seeing as the CMs figures are G.I.Joe scaled and the matchbox toys were aswell, I figured I`d make this picture. (pardon the background, not that photoshop savvy)

Invid1.jpg

now THIS is why I got all the CMs ridearmors, instant available enemies. :lol:

I placed an order on the 4th of January for a Masterpiece Rook Alpha and got an order confirmation email at the same time with payment and address confirmation details. On the 6th of January I got an email from robotech_4icc.com which contained a FEDEX tracking number.

A few days later it showed up in Australia.

That was my experience anyway - no problems. Their reply is vague I agree but I think you will be ok unless you haven't heard anything from them for a few more days.

My experience has generally been:

1) Order confirmation the same day

2) Shipping confirmation 3-10 days later

3) Shipping has taken 10 days everytime, from California to Massachusetts.

got my CMs Riding Figure set in and got my Matchbox Invid Shocktrooper out of storage (and dusted it of course.) seeing as the CMs figures are G.I.Joe scaled and the matchbox toys were aswell, I figured I`d make this picture. (pardon the background, not that photoshop savvy)

Invid1.jpg

now THIS is why I got all the CMs ridearmors, instant available enemies. :lol:

Very cool. Now, if I only had some Invid figures I might not feel so ripped off by my CMs.

Love the pic though.