Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

It's confirmed at Wonderfest Summer 2011. Yamato is planning 1/60 scale VF-19S, VF-19F and VF-19P for production.

Let's share ideas and news about new variants here.

VF-19S and VF-19F (with new head sculpt)

<!--url{0}-->

VF-19P in fighter mode

<!--url{1}-->

Differences between VF-19Kai and VF-19P

VF-19P's nosecone has little diamond shaped parts.

<!--url{2}-->

Also notice the different parts for the sides of the legs.

<!--url{3}-->

<!--url{4}-->

Larger image of VF-19P

<!--url{5}-->

Waiting has paid off!! 19P looks sweet, just hope those speaker fins can be removed like we asked graham to pass along to Yamato. Not a big fan of those stupid stubby wings the F/S variants have but I may have to get one of those eventually too!!!!

Chris

Anyone else liking the look of the black and grey prototype as is :p

Chris

I suppose there's one question. Will this be a P or a stained-P? Because if it's all red again I'm not buying it. If it's the tan color I'm going for it.

Also, too bad there aren't prototype's of the S and F sitting out as well.

I was just going to ask what color the P was. Definitely not white, maybe really light gray or a cream color perhaps. I seriously doubt the will release the whale blood version before a standard version. Maybe as an exclusive later. I hope, at least, because like you I'll pass if they release another red one first!

Also, too bad there aren't prototype's of the S and F sitting out as well.

http://a367.yahoofs.com/hkblog/_veuUfCRGAWrg4Yh5fHHppkdSmv8eCE-_517/blog/ap_20110725013217414.jpg?ib_____Dp8LOlQzM

Looks like the F/S type to me.

I was just going to ask what color the P was. Definitely not white, maybe really light gray or a cream color perhaps. I seriously doubt the will release the whale blood version before a standard version. Maybe as an exclusive later. I hope, at least, because like you I'll pass if they release another red one first!

http://a367.yahoofs.com/hkblog/_veuUfCRGAWrg4Yh5fHHppkdSmv8eCE-_517/blog/ap_20110725013217414.jpg?ib_____Dp8LOlQzM

Looks like the F/S type to me.

Because of the size of the photo I wasn't sure if that was actually an F/S. If that is I think despite the "stubby-wing" style the proportions look a lot better on the Yamato then in the animation or the Bandai hi-metal.

Edited by Mommar

Hard to say the exact color!

02fe2589.jpg

At least we can say what it is not:

1) White-white like VF-1J

2) Beige/tan like YF-19

3) Gray like VE-1

Maybe

1) Off-white like VF-1S?

2) Really light gray

Found on the net

ea0840f7.jpg

c7a081d1-s.jpg

Edited by charger69

As long as it's not red I'm cool with it.

You and me both!

Regarding the F/S prototype, I was thinking the same thing about the proportions.......that the wings looked a bit better there (less stubby) It doesn't appear to have canards so I'm assuming it was an F/S :wacko:

Chris

You and me both!

Regarding the F/S prototype, I was thinking the same thing about the proportions.......that the wings looked a bit better there (less stubby) It doesn't appear to have canards so I'm assuming it was an F/S :wacko:

Chris

You're right. I hadn't noticed the canards were missing. Must be an F/S. The wings may still be stubby, and maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but the span of the wings seems different. Whatever it is it looks good to me.

You're right. I hadn't noticed the canards were missing. Must be an F/S. The wings may still be stubby, and maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but the span of the wings seems different. Whatever it is it looks good to me.

So if you hadn’t noticed the canards were missing I presume you’re still to notice the F/S battroid mode CAD drawings in the background and the F/S head samples on both sides of the plane…? :p

Edited by Reïvaj

Hard to tell for sure from the tiny photo, but the wings look slightly stubbier than the Kai/P, but not as stubby as the official F/S lineart. Honestly, they look more like the wings seen in the Master File book. Fine by me! And the gunpod looks like a better size, according to the CAD drawings. Argh, need money!!

Hard to tell for sure from the tiny photo, but the wings look slightly stubbier than the Kai/P, but not as stubby as the official F/S lineart. Honestly, they look more like the wings seen in the Master File book. Fine by me!

Yup, that's what I had been hoping for as well

Hard to tell for sure from the tiny photo, but the wings look slightly stubbier than the Kai/P, but not as stubby as the official F/S lineart. Honestly, they look more like the wings seen in the Master File book. Fine by me! And the gunpod looks like a better size, according to the CAD drawings. Argh, need money!!

You are right! Wings are similar to the S/F wings seen in the VF-19 Master File Book.

5402104310_63ea3f5014_o.jpg

5401575625_b6f349e178_o.jpg

Source: Flickr member AntSizedMan

Edited by charger69

And with the dollar/yen having a bigger gap, we'll be putting in much more than we wanted. Oh well, here's to a big hope that it fixes by that time. The new designs look great.

Yeah, the F and the P are looking like real winners to me. I might just buy one during a pre-order discount at AmiAmi, and then wait for a yamato sale at HLJ for the other.....though the VF-11's seldom make it to those sales, and at not much of a discount when they do.....so who know's.

Chris

edit: Still hoping they make an E variant though. (militarized Kai)

Edited by Dobber

Word of advice to vf-19 owners

the ball joint on the ankles does have a more limited motion than one might think, considering it's a ball joint.

If you force it to go further than it wants, you will open that ball socket up and the joint will loosen.

Luckily there are two screws hidden on the feet, you can take the screws out and open up the cup slightly and pop the feet off.

The "ball" is actually a plastic piece that pops onto the metal ankle peg, so you can apply your thickening agent of choice and pop everything back together again.

So if you hadn’t noticed the canards were missing I presume you’re still to notice the F/S battroid mode CAD drawings in the background and the F/S head samples on both sides of the plane…? :p

Obviously I have no excuse.

While we're NOT getting more leaked shots because of all these pansies unwilling to sneak pics I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate a little bit. What are the odds Yamato will eventually release an unpainted 19 of some variety? While they've got four versions now between YF-19, VF-19 Kai, P, and S/F it is arguably the most popular Valk simply by virtue the people around here seem to LOVE Isamu and Macross 7 and Bassara were pretty huge in Japan. That makes the 19 pretty much the favorite hero valk of them all. Anybody want to take odds or tell me why I'm an idiot? Or, you know, sneak some EFFING pictures.

GAH! That blazer looks incredible! I need closeups stat!

Oh, the P is nice too, but I think the placement of the canards on the Fire Valk and P make the nose look a bit too short. The blazer's nose looks perfectly blended into the fuselage, and the wings look just the right length. :D

I love the 19, but let's get real: The VF-1 is the most popular machine in all of Macross, period.

Also, I am super excited about both the VF-19S and the VF-19P, maybe slightly more excited for the 19P! I also hope the pods on the shoulders are removable, but I won't cry if they aren't! Looks really sweet either way! Also long as it's white with red stripes and not the whale blood stained robot, I'm down!

I'd love to see a proper version of the VF-19A Ravens :(

That's the one I care about more than all these other ones. I may skip one or two of these if they don't make the Ravens 19A