It Lives...

captain america

The joints could be 3d printed???
My understanding is that the joints were to be 3D printed. So there must have been a model made at somepoint as I recall see printed parts. If anyone still has that model it should be a simple mater just to upload it to Shapeways. If no one has the model I could offer to try to reverse engineer a model from the printed parts. I'm far from the fastest 3D modeler but I think I should be able to pull that off.

Carl

Hey everyone, I have some great news!

I finally managed to contact Chris earlier tonight and touch base with him. As per what he told me, he's been having some personal issues to deal with, which is why he hasn't been on the forums. It seems that all the parts are done and about to be shipped, so with any luck I'll have the final parts in the next 2 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm curious too. If the only thing missing are a few joints and a canopy, and it's beenn a couple months, I'd almost rather have the model parts shipped to me now and consider paying extra to have the joints/canopies shipped to me seperately later. Every month that passes makes the random liklihood of a lightning strike/heart attack/alien abduction seem more likley to my paranoid brain :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

My sincerest apologies for the long silence. I just got off the phone with Chris earlier, and the post office found the lost parts and they've been returned to him. I should be receiving them by the end of next week. A light at the end of the tunnel, finally!!!

Also, Silverdragon will be embarking on a project to make alternate heads for The Beast, as shown by his diagrams above.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that the canopies and composite joints have finally arrived safe and sound! You heard me right, this is not a joke! I'll begin packing all the parts during the upcoming week and begin shipping in due course. Before I do though, I would ask that those of you who have moved in the last year please PM me with your new info so that I don't end up sending the parts to an outdated address.

It seems that fate could not stop me from completing the Beast after all...