All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

GU-11, the emlem editor doesn't have an airbrush feature and you can use it on and offline. However, the game automatically logs you to an online account if you're connected already. Editing an imagine is really just fitting all the dozens of smaller images you have available.

Short example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1T8xGWwx4&feature=related

As for the learning curve; it's definitely not as bad as previous titles. This time around I only had to change one pair of buttons so I could use both main weapons on the same shoulder buttons. Other than that expect about 5-10 minutes to get everything down.

GU-11, the emlem editor doesn't have an airbrush feature and you can use it on and offline.  However, the game automatically logs you to an online account if you're connected already.  Editing an imagine is really just fitting all the dozens of smaller images you have available.

Short example

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1T8xGWwx4&feature=related[/media]

As for the learning curve; it's definitely not as bad as previous titles.  This time around I only had to change one pair of buttons so I could use both main weapons on the same shoulder buttons.  Other than that expect about 5-10 minutes to get everything down.

Thanks for the heads-up, man. Sounds like it'll be worth the 59.99 USD. My wallet's gonna hate me for this. Hopefully it's still in stock.

Okay, I'm a little confused. Does all of the Call of Duty games, including Modern Warfare, take place in the same continuity? Anyway, here's Black Ops 2:

I know, like the story actually matters in a Call of Duty game anymore since it's all about multiplayer.

Edited by Einherjar

I always had a feeling that they would make the next call of duty something akin to "Future Warfare". And yes, at least after call of duty 4, it can be deduced that all call of duties, although at different timelines, do in fact take place in the same continuity, and each crazy thing that happens is written off by "covert mission, nobody knew about it".

I don't like all the flying "things" in this game though. Makes it feel like Treyarch is using the old Micheal Bay trick of "Throw more stuff at it".

I always had a feeling that they would make the next call of duty something akin to "Future Warfare". And yes, at least after call of duty 4, it can be deduced that all call of duties, although at different timelines, do in fact take place in the same continuity, and each crazy thing that happens is written off by "covert mission, nobody knew about it".

Yeah, I was shocked that MW3 felt like it was trivalizing World War III by the end of the first player campaign. Now, give or take another decade around that time, there's another war brewing between U.S., China, and hackers (from what I've read about Black Ops 2).

It's a good game series, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in that universe.

Okay, I'm a little confused. Does all of the Call of Duty games, including Modern Warfare, take place in the same continuity?

I know, like the story actually matters in a Call of Duty game anymore since it's all about multiplayer.

I don't know if ALL of the Call of Duty games do. But the three Modern Warfare games are connected. And Victor Reznov, the guy you play as in the Russian campaign in World At War, is a prominent character in Black Ops. I don't know if Modern Warfare takes place in the same continuity as WoW/Black Ops. I also don't know if any of the CoD games before Modern Warfare belong to a particular continuity, or if each one was it's own continuity, or if any of them have ties to WoW/Black Ops or Modern Warfare.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, closest I got was "Shining The Holy Ark," which bored me to tears.

From the looks of things I can see why you were bored to tears. I'm sure the graphics and gameplay have drastically changed since then. :p I think you should give Diablo or Dungeon Siege a try...I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

I think the Witchdoctor has some elements similar to the necro, but I'm a Barb player myself so I couldn't say for sure. But I wouldn't necessarily bank on Blizzard bringing back old classes for any expansion packs. In some of the dev interviews that were on the CE disc they said they only wanted to bring classes back that they could alter and update. They basically said they couldn't think of anything to add to the Necromancer so they opted not to bring him back.

Now obviously a lot could change between now and an xpack, but if you are interested in D3 it might be worth looking over the classes and seeing if one gels with how you want to play.

Played a wizard up through level 10. It's pretty fun so far. Every time I play, I find something new about the game that would have helped me in the earlier levels. If Blizzard can actually keep their servers reliable, the game is a definite must-try. The launch, of course, has been marred by overloaded servers and emergency maintenance windows (which is why I'm here posting at this moment). This actually falls in line with their track record, when it comes to release of new content. I know that they'll work the kinks out within a couple of days, though.

As you said, this is pretty much expected at this point. Blizzard had to completely rebuild battle.net to support this game. Go figure there would be some problems. It is very enjoyable though and I know they are busting ass to get everything working properly.

I'm a Vita n00b since I've barely used mine since getting it. Approximately how much space does a downloaded game take up on a memory card? I only have a 4 GB memory card, and I won't be in the country when MGS HD collection drops, so i want to decide if I should download it directly or wait to come back to the U.S. to buy a physical copy.

Also, can the Vita play PS1 games downloaded directly to the system? Thanks!

I've already lost most of my friends to Diablo 3. And it's only the second day. :(

Apparently the big thing with this game is the ability to sell gold and items for actual real world cash. Obviously Blizzard is apparently making a cut of each sell?

The mining farms that are going to spring from this game is surely going to dent the intelligence of our youth's future. :(

I played some of 2, but honestly got bored and a headache after twenty hours of it. Dungeon Seige 1 was the last dungeon crawler I chewed to the end. Worth it then, but ten years later can't remember a thing of it.

Edited by Omegablue

Don't care to derail the entire topic onto another FFXIII-2 excursion, but apparently they finally released the DLC chapter for Lightning. Going to play it soon as it's done downloading.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic. ^_^

I'll only consider downloading it if it's the supposed "true" ending. If it's more pointless filler, I'm not spending another cent of this game. Still kicking myself for having bought this instead of Batman - Arkham Asylum.

BTW, how much are they asking for this DLC?

I'm a Vita n00b since I've barely used mine since getting it. Approximately how much space does a downloaded game take up on a memory card? I only have a 4 GB memory card, and I won't be in the country when MGS HD collection drops, so i want to decide if I should download it directly or wait to come back to the U.S. to buy a physical copy.

Also, can the Vita play PS1 games downloaded directly to the system? Thanks!

All file sizes are usually listed up on the PSN, but I think they average at about a gig, sometimes smaller depending on the game. PS1 support still hasn't happened, but the list of compatible PSP games has just increased. In general, I'd reccomend upgrading to a higher memory card. I've got a 32 gig, and only have about 10 gigs left, mind you 7 gig is MP3, and the rest is misc download stuff.

Ouch... that sucks indeed. I can give you a hint about the story though. It's only the tutorial mission that will mess you up.

Airbrushing giving satisfaction? Take a look at the emblem work Japanese players have done with only the limited tools in-game (Valkyrie @ 0:21).

I really want to get in GW2 by the way, but I may wait a month or two before I do a pre-purchase. As a casual player of the first game, I'm thankful that they both simplified the skill system and yet added more functions to make it interesting.

The mecha seen @ 0:21 actually is not a Valkyrie. It is a virtuaroid that goes by the name "Temjin". The Temjin was featured in a game that was called Virtual-On that came out in the 90's.

I was able to locate the original arcade machine on ebay @ http://compare.ebay.com/like/251044378532?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Edited by Loop

All file sizes are usually listed up on the PSN, but I think they average at about a gig, sometimes smaller depending on the game. PS1 support still hasn't happened, but the list of compatible PSP games has just increased. In general, I'd reccomend upgrading to a higher memory card. I've got a 32 gig, and only have about 10 gigs left, mind you 7 gig is MP3, and the rest is misc download stuff.

Do you think there is anyway I can move my downloaded stuff from my 4 GB to a larger memory card? I'd rather not have to switch out memory cards just for different stuff...

Do you think there is anyway I can move my downloaded stuff from my 4 GB to a larger memory card? I'd rather not have to switch out memory cards just for different stuff...

Just create a back up, you can either use a PS3 directly, or download sony's free media manager for the Vita. Once you have your stuff backed up, you can easily restore it to a new memory card.

I'll only consider downloading it if it's the supposed "true" ending. If it's more pointless filler, I'm not spending another cent of this game. Still kicking myself for having bought this instead of Batman - Arkham Asylum. BTW, how much are they asking for this DLC?

I think on Xbox it's something like 400 points? Dunno about how the conversion works. Personally I think it's worthwhile, but I also am fairly enamored with the story.

As for being a "true" ending, I'm not spoiling myself before I beat it myself, but as far as I can tell, all signs point to a third game, with the DLC hinting at where the story will go next.

They also released a DLC episode for Snow, which actually takes place in that massive arena area that you battle the other DLC characters in. No idea what this involves, but it might help explain his role in the rest of the game.

As far as the actual content goes though, the Lightning DLC is supposedly what is occurring in Valhalla during the entire game (hooray for non-linear time shenanigans), and I've heard it explains more details about the actual ending, but from Lightning's perspective. Make no mistake, it doesn't resolve anything, but it might give the ending a much less dire outlook (the Light at the end of the tunnel if you will. :p)

What the actual content is.. it's kind of a strange tweak of the standard battle system. You get an intro about Lightning and Caius, and something about Serah's fate as a seeress. Then you face off in a 1-on-1 battle against Caius as Lightning. She's got entirely different roles than the usual paradigms, and you get no healing magic. What you do get is a modified sentinel role with a near 100% defense skill, and a limited number of healing items. The battle gets intense, because it requires you to be switching roles between attacks to snap off a few attacks before defending again.

Every time you fight, you gain CP, which levels you (it's not a matter of winning, it's how long you stay alive). You can gain levels up to 10, and each level gives you a boost in stats and maybe some more skills to use. The goal is to beat Caius at as low a level as possible. Once you level up you can manually lower your level though, so it's not like you can't try again, or have to start from scratch. Oh, and the weird bit.. you get your own feral link move. It just charges slowly over the course of the battle, and you can activate it yourself. It's a modification of the Army of One move the DLC Lightning uses.

I've fought Caius 3 times I think now, and I'm up to level 4. My last battle I got him to 1/3 health before he beat me, so I think I'll probably beat him the next time I try. These are long battles, by the way. I think my last one lasted maybe an hour.

Haven't finished it yet, but apparently the reward for beating the entire episode is being able to use the Valhalla version of Lightning in your party. Considering I don't really care much about leveling pets and such, the reward really isn't what I'm interested in. I just want more details about where the story is going. So far I'm enjoying the battle system itself though, it's much more fast paced, and reminds me of FFXIII in terms of how you have to make the most of the ATB gauge boost you get from switching paradigms.

If you're not interested in the battle itself, or the "pet" Lightning, it's probably easier to just watch the cutscenes, which I think would last around half an hour on their own. I haven't watched them myself, because I really have been enjoying the battle.

I listened to this today and shed a single manly tear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnkucSov4g

So many memories from that era evoked. I was in HS at the time, aside from college admissions, SAT's, AP Exams, etc. ... no real world worries. After I got my admissions letter to my school of choice I spent a nice chunk of time shooting hoops, chilling with friends, preparing for college, and vegging in front of the PSX, not a care in the world, the present was great and the future was bright.

I'm drunk, and depressed. Just needed to vent...

Maybe I should just grab Xenogears from the PSN store this weekend. :)