Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

I can't wait to find something other than Revenge of the Fallen Sea Attack Ravage or Tuner Skids on the shelf.

Yeah, but if they go straight to DotM and just give up on the awesome Generations and Reveal the Shield figures I've been hunting fruitlessly for for nigh on four months, I quit. I'll collect something less frustrating, like Star Wars.

i saw and scored these three at Fry's today. $12.99 each.

bummer they didn't have anymore stocks of Wreck-Gar for me to do a Wreck-Gar on Wreck-Gar thingy. At least, for today.

Nothing changed at Target/Wally's/TRU stocks. They all still got only BBee, Ravage, Skullgrin, and Skids. :(

edit: added bot-mode pics.

post-263-0-80980300-1302989927_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-13955900-1303027396_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-08908600-1303027414_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-82857600-1303027429_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-20491200-1303027441_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

Got a shipping notice from BBTS today for the new Warpath figure. While he cost a bit more than he would at a store, the lack of new products out there makes me glad I just ordered him. I'll post some impressions later in the week.

I've been eying the Bludgeon that was released not all that long ago (the tank with the samurai-esque alt mode) does anyone have one and have any thoughts about the fig? Seeing the headrobot set for him that's coming out has me very tempted to buy him.

Bludgeon's been Drift's sparring partner on my shelf for a long time now, and while Bludgeon may have been part of the ROTF line, I thought he looked good hanging out with the Classics TFs. Articulation is pretty good with him; I especially like how he can grasp the sword with both hands. And I think I may be one of the few who prefer his colors as opposed to Banzaitron's. Shapeways also has some alternate head kits for him, but I don't have any problems with the default head. My only complaint with Bludgeon is that his gray plastic weapons aren't as rigid as I'd like. There's something sad about a tank with a limp machine gun.

Just wanted to show the spoiler mod I've finished for Jazz. Through the use of earth magnets and styrene, he's now a parts-former. Modeled after some photos of the Porsche 935 racer, I also added some minor details like markings for rear windows. It was a messy affair, but things turned for the better I think:

15.jpg 25.jpg 45.jpg

35.jpg 55.jpg 65.jpg

I thought about doing something about the headlights like filling it in and doing some etching, but it would be too much. Now I'm just trying to think of a way to make his chest assembly to be a lot less floppy in bot mode.

Guest sh002

Got a shipping notice from BBTS today for the new Warpath figure. While he cost a bit more than he would at a store, the lack of new products out there makes me glad I just ordered him. I'll post some impressions later in the week.

I've been eying the Bludgeon that was released not all that long ago (the tank with the samurai-esque alt mode) does anyone have one and have any thoughts about the fig? Seeing the headrobot set for him that's coming out has me very tempted to buy him.

they had warpath on hts just a while ago

Edited by sh002

BBTS MP-10 pre order link BBTS just released this statement along with the ability to pre order MP-10
We've just received the initial information from Japan regarding the long awaited MP-10 Masterpiece figure. No image or name was released yet, but we do have pricing and release information. The information states this is a 'New' figure, so we do not expect any repaints of prior releases. Stay tuned for images and further information, we will update the listing as we receive info.
I don't know if this is news or not, sorry if its been repeated.

<br />I've been eying the Bludgeon that was released not all that long ago (the tank with the samurai-esque alt mode) does anyone have one and have any thoughts about the fig? Seeing the headrobot set for him that's coming out has me very tempted to buy him.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Don't know about the head-robot, but the toy itself is good. Poseability suffers a bit due to the samurai "armor" and turret backpack. The head only turns side to side, if I'm remembering right. Other than those minor gripes, the figure is pure joy...especially if you remember his G1 comic incarnation fondly.

My hat off to you vampire hunter d. Awesome skills. I just went to fry's yesterday April 20(houston, on 59s and beltway 8) an got Sgt Kup and scourge, and i am glad to report that they are excellent toys. I saw tracks, and Jazz, which I have. Also I saw The motorcycle guy with the beard thing going on (wregar???)[not a fan personally} THE generations/classics version everyone is looking for right now. If houston fans want to get a hold of these. they cost 12.99 usd, in the aboved mentioned Fry's. Good luck mates!

I did not see wheeljack or thundercraker :(

has anyone seen them?

i was wishing kup and scourge where hanging out with wheeljack and thundercracker :(

Edited by vlenhoff

Thanks for the kind words gents, I was pleased with the way Jazz turned out as well. Right now the new target of my OCD is turning Heavytread into Brawl as the left lower leg of Fanproject's Bruticus. A couple of people at TFW2005 have done it and I really liked the way it looked. I just don't like how Brawl isn't a main battle tank, and the sculpt for that tank limb is just lame in bot mode. Problem is that I only have one Heavytread, and if I mess up, he's not exactly easy to find.

No Wheeljack or Thundercracker over here. It looks like the regular spots are getting ready for DOTM toys.

Just got Warpath in today and I must say he is pretty darn cool. He's a little smaller in both modes than I would have expected looking at images, but he's still a very cool Transformer and the transformation process is fun and clever.

I would definitely recommend him, though I probably wouldn't suggest paying the increased online prices for him unless the character is a personal favorite. I'm glad I have him for the collection though.

Got my Wheeljack, today. He was always my favorite character, and I love this update. It does a great job capturing the original toy's short, stocky look.

Think I'm gonna paint his side pipes up in darker colors. Should make them look more realistic in vehicle mode, and look better as shoulder weapons. I'd rather he had two shoulder weapons, than a single one that kinda-sorta looks like the G1 launchers.

wow, i was able to buy toys up to last year, and even then with difficulty cause prices went up from 100$ to 150-200$ for MP and Yamato, but now, at 250 - 300$, it is time for me to retire on most of these new release, i really cant do it anymore.

wow, i was able to buy toys up to last year, and even then with difficulty cause prices went up from 100$ to 150-200$ for MP and Yamato, but now, at 250 - 300$, it is time for me to retire on most of these new release, i really cant do it anymore.

Hear hear. :(

Kind of a random question but does anyone know where you can download images of the box art for the Armada and Energon toys? I'm thinking about selling them to make space for other things but love the box art and don't have a scanner.

I had reduced my allowance for toys too man. Granted they are beautiful toys in nearly every way, but the prices are driving me off the chart. With my 1/60 macross line now far from complete(I wish I had any of the macross frontier toys or a tomahawk or riffle man), and my 1/48 collection sort of complete, the only things I can buy are these generations/classics figures. I have the takara MP1 with a comedy trailer, MP Starscream, and MP Megatron. For now, that is sufficient. At one point I wanted to have every Optimus Prime I could possibly get.[i never had the original OP] The fact is I just gave away my "1st real life TF movie" Optimus and a huge Bumblebee camaro thing. Ha ha, I even have the Monkey Optimus(in black), the firetruck RID OP, the Kawamory mini OP, and the classics/generations OP. I will have to skip this new pricey OP.

I just want Wheeljack and ThunderCracker for now. Really, I can't complain much. It is nice to see a flat nosed semi Optimus been followed by nearly 20 transforming cars and trucks which resemble those of my childhood. And yes, I wish I could get the Japanese-better finished versions, but as of now... naaah

Yup, the new WWII guys can definitely form PCC limbs:

I'm all in for a Shinden TF, but the combined form still doesn't entice me. And the way that Mustang transforms reminds me of that A6M Zero Go-Bot.

The Devastator the same guys are making looks astounding; it's coming together real nicely. I only question its stability as those are some large chunks of plastic hanging from the joints.

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

Now, the TFClub stuff is going to be purchasable right? If so I sorta cringe at the price tag it'll probably be at. But still a proper Deluxe moving to an Ultra class figure is just so damn enticing.

MP Rodimus to be re-released later this year with fixes to some of its (many) issues. Damn you, Takara, blah blah...

Sure, but at a price that still higher than I'm willing to pay. I've decided that if I'm going to pay $200 for a toy, it'd better come with an app store.

Edited by mikeszekely